Announcement

Collapse

Software Upgrade

I upgraded the software to ensure it works with PHP 8+ and save me a few bucks each month. If you encounter any issues, please email me.
See more
See less

Songs that didn't make the PPD Cut (b-sides?)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Songs that didn't make the PPD Cut (b-sides?)

i'm assuming you're bunching me in with those who think you police the place...

but i'm not. all i said was that this is a message board.. who cares if some speculation gets out of control? that's what makes all of dredg's new albums fun.. the anticipation leading up to it. arguments don't need to be had just because somebody does or doesn't think a certain song or set of songs is being included on the album.
    Originally posted by FeebleFables
    There's never enough epic in the music world.

Comment

Speculation, anticipation, trying to figure out what is what, and discussion with other people with similar interests is what makes all of this FUN.

What is the point of any of this if all we are supposed to be talking about are 100% confirmed facts? That's no fun at all.

Comment

I never said not to talk about it. But to state it as fact ["Information is Waterbourne" or vice versa] is wrong until we know that it is.
        Twitter | Facebook | Rate Your Music

Originally posted by TheRuleofThree
        Very well - you caught me in a rare mistake. I commend you for achieving this elite honor.

Comment

i don't think anyone truly believes you are "policing" this place, but a lot of us would like to see you lighten up a bit and show your true excitement.
          Originally posted by vsd
          ...and to be frank...i think...

Comment

thoughts:

Stamp Of Origin - Pessimistic on that blog being related to it's not worth it....
            the only thing i could see there is the negative titles being similar. drew said it's not worth it would most likely not be on the album.....the only way that song could be pessimistic, is if they instead included the instrumental interlude of it's not worth it, on the album (during the most recent tour, it's not worth it was cut down to a drum beat & the kitty clip between a song or two)

informaton = waterborne?
            maybe. as said, the chorus may suggest it. it does make sense to use it on the album, since they polished the song so nicely. however, they did not play this song on their last tour. not that that means anything...

think about placement of the song for a minute though.....the lyrics for waterborne were about someone on the last day of their life. in this letter that this album represents, don't you think something like that would go near the end of the album, as opposed to around the middle at track 7? just something to think about.....i would like to believe that information = waterborne....but logically, Ars is right. until you hear a clip of "information," all you can do is guess. even if the chorus is the same, dredg has, in the past, used parts of axed songs in new songs on a few different occassions. hell, even in the orignal version of it's not worth it, gavin used the lyrics "although the ink is red, blood stained by the words you said..." those lyrics were brought over to the blood stains demo that drew played over the phone on that radio interview......and.....blood stains isn't on the album now.

shrug....
            Originally posted by Lye In Your Eye
            you're pretty narcissistic
            enjoy that, nobody else does.
            Originally posted by Madklikor
            You call me ignorant? LOL...Stop judging right you or you're gonna find me

Comment

Considering we've heard a small bit of pessimistic in leaflet 14 and it didn't sound anything like It's Not Worth It, I think Pessimistic being INWI is debunked.
              Last edited by Gnomad; March 8, 2009, 06:13 AM.

Comment

I'm gonna laugh at [most of] y'all if Information isn't Waterbourne

Very well - you caught me in a rare mistake. I commend you for achieving this elite honor.

Comment

Why would you laugh? That'd mean no Waterborne... and that would be sad.

Comment

It would just mean no CD release of Waterbourne. The song would still exist and probably still get played.

Comment

I don't think you're going to be laughing... I'm pretty confident in that.

Comment

I don't even remember which song is Waterbourne to tell you the truth. Outside of Ireland, I think I've only heard each of the songs that hit YouTube once.

Comment

Waterbourne is definitely now called Mourning This Morning. Because he "headed out to the morning air" so it's got to be that. And they would mourn his death, for sure. 100%.

Comment

Originally posted by Gnomad View Post
                            Why would you laugh? That'd mean no Waterborne... and that would be sad.
                            Killer tune.
                            The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

Comment

Originally posted by rossimo View Post
                              Waterbourne is definitely now called Mourning This Morning. Because he "headed out to the morning air" so it's got to be that. And they would mourn his death, for sure. 100%.
                              noice.
                              Originally posted by vsd
                              ...and to be frank...i think...

Comment

Ars Sycro added 39 Minutes and 25 Seconds later...

Since we're throwing out other ideas, after re-listening to Waterbourne, any chance it could be "Long Days And Vague Clues"? I don't recall if the idea was to write a song about it or just name a song.... but I think some of the lyrics could tie in to that title.

The entire second half of the song is about the anticipation of knowing he's dying today and all the weight that carries. Also the chorus could fit in with "vague clues"

Just a little bit, just a little bit
                                A little more information
                                To add to my confusion
                                To add to the frustration,
                                I don't need it!
                                No I don't need it!

Comment

Working...
                                X