Announcement

Collapse

Software Upgrade

I upgraded the software to ensure it works with PHP 8+ and save me a few bucks each month. If you encounter any issues, please email me.
See more
See less

Songs that didn't make the PPD Cut (b-sides?)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Songs that didn't make the PPD Cut (b-sides?)

Originally posted by Frank Nit View Post
    no, but maybe you should have taken a course in probability.

Frank Nit added 1 Minutes and 46 Seconds later...

and how about drunk slide?

"slide right off, slide right off on to the pavement" - lyrics from holding a remedy potion
    Dude If you're right...I'll be sooooo happy.

HERE'S TO HOLDING ON!
    BLOG
    DEPTHS
    RABBIT HOLE

Comment

no, but maybe you should have taken a course in probability.

Frank Nit added 1 Minutes and 46 Seconds later...

and how about drunk slide?

"slide right off, slide right off on to the pavement" - lyrics from holding a remedy potion
      Probability requires having quantifiable details. And if you do want to try and make this a probability, I believe the likelihood of a song with the word information in it being named Information would be relatively low.
      Twitter | Facebook | Rate Your Music

Originally posted by TheRuleofThree
      Very well - you caught me in a rare mistake. I commend you for achieving this elite honor.

Comment

But... it's in the chorus... that makes it more probable...

OH! I have an idea. Why don't you guys just wait for the fucking album to come out?

Comment

I am actually rather disappointed that "Where I'll End Up" doesn't appear to be on the album. If anyone has that video of the band performing the song, I'd appreciate an upload; it has since been taken down from YouTube.

And I really hope Holding a Remedy Potion is in fact drunk slide.
          http://rateyourmusic.com/~SinsOfArcadia

Comment

Where I'll End Up: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kGUaVfbBiBI

Comment

Thanks man.

I really hope they recorded this. I fucking love it.
              http://rateyourmusic.com/~SinsOfArcadia

Comment

Originally posted by Ars Sycro View Post
                Probability requires having quantifiable details. And if you do want to try and make this a probability, I believe the likelihood of a song with the word information in it being named Information would be relatively low.
                okay, before today, odds of "waterborne" being on the new album were at least 80% (this is being modest) based on how it's been played at every show over the past year and a half and its healthy fan perception alone. not to mention it was clearly recorded during these sessions as evidenced by the leaflets.

the fact that the word "waterborne" doesn't appear on the tracklist does not hurt it's chances of being on the album because it was already a forgone conclusion that this was merely a working title and did not tie into the album concept.

the fact that a song appears in the tracklist with a piece of the chorus bumps up the probability of the song previously known as waterborne at least 5%. the fact that no other song with the same "coincidence" appears on the 18 song tracklist, again bumps up the probability at least 5%.

so right now i'm modestly sitting at a 90% chance that what we know as waterborne will in fact be featured on the pariah, the parrot, the delusion. you wanna play it conservative, that's fine. enjoy yourself in that dark, lonely corner.

Frank Nit added 5 Minutes and 25 Seconds later...

Originally posted by Gnomad View Post

OH! I have an idea. Why don't you guys just wait for the fucking album to come out?
                i've waited patiently long enough.

i'm starting to lose control.
                Last edited by Frank Nit; March 7, 2009, 10:26 AM.
                Originally posted by vsd
                ...and to be frank...i think...

Comment

Originally posted by rossimo View Post

Uh, I hope that they recorded this song! It's so great and smooth.

It's too bad that no one recorded that show at GAMH on 20-04-2008. They played, besides Where I'll End Up, also Take Five cover.

Comment

Originally posted by sangreal314 View Post
                    unless you know something we don't.
                    I can say without a doubt that a few people on this board know more than the rest.
                    I don't have the time it takes to recover from the day
                    I sit and moan and mope and groan and never have my say
                    A crown of thorns from which is born a little baby bird
                    To fly away and have its day is nothing but absurd

Comment

Originally posted by Gnomad View Post

This is exactly my point. I am not saying that Information is not Waterbourne. I'm saying to not assume that it is. This board will go even crazier if the CD comes out and Information is a new song.

Ars Sycro added 1 Minutes and 50 Seconds later...

okay, before today, odds of "waterborne" being on the new album were at least 80% (this is being modest) based on how it's been played at every show over the past year and a half and its healthy fan perception alone. not to mention it was clearly recorded during these sessions as evidenced by the leaflets.

the fact that the word "waterborne" doesn't appear on the tracklist does not hurt it's chances of being on the album because it was already a forgone conclusion that this was merely a working title and did not tie into the album concept.

the fact that a song appears in the tracklist with a piece of the chorus bumps up the probability of the song previously known as waterborne at least 5%. the fact that no other song with the same "coincidence" appears on the 18 song tracklist, again bumps up the probability at least 5%.

so right now i'm modestly sitting at a 90% chance that what we know as waterborne will in fact be featured on the pariah, the parrot, the delusion. you wanna play it conservative, that's fine. enjoy yourself in that dark, lonely corner.
                      50% of all statistics are made up. You can't just supply your own probability to these things. They play lots of songs live. They record lots of songs. If they ultimately decide it doesn't fit with the rest of the album, they leave it off.
                      Twitter | Facebook | Rate Your Music

Originally posted by TheRuleofThree
                      Very well - you caught me in a rare mistake. I commend you for achieving this elite honor.

Comment

Originally posted by Ars Sycro View Post
                        This is exactly my point. I am not saying that Information is not Waterbourne. I'm saying to not assume that it is. This board will go even crazier if the CD comes out and Information is a new song.

Ars Sycro added 1 Minutes and 50 Seconds later...

50% of all statistics are made up. You can't just supply your own probability to these things. They play lots of songs live. They record lots of songs. If they ultimately decide it doesn't fit with the rest of the album, they leave it off.
                        I'm pissed that they aren't including a version of Hello which includes a 7 minute interlude of black noise.
                        I don't have the time it takes to recover from the day
                        I sit and moan and mope and groan and never have my say
                        A crown of thorns from which is born a little baby bird
                        To fly away and have its day is nothing but absurd

Comment

"Holding a Remedy Potion" won't be on the record.
                          Originally posted by Gnomad
                          I think we're forgetting one huge factor in all of this.

Super God.
                          Originally posted by auto-de-fe
                          do you think we can get a sticky for this thread so that i can constantly be reminded how much of a dick theruleofthree is?

Comment

HELLO IS IT ME YOU'RE LOOKING FOR!?!?!
                            *CREEEAAAAGHHHHHHHFFFFZZZZZZZZZ!GRGGGGGGGHRRRRRRHR RRRRRRHRRRRRRRPPFFFF"

Comment

Originally posted by Knifeboy View Post
                              HELLO IS IT ME YOU'RE LOOKING FOR!?!?!
                              *CREEEAAAAGHHHHHHHFFFFZZZZZZZZZ!GRGGGGGGGHRRRRRRHR RRRRRRHRRRRRRRPPFFFF"
                              i wish they would play that song again.

Comment

Originally posted by AnewKINDofFEELING View Post
                                I can say without a doubt that a few people on this board know more than the rest.
                                That's 100% great, but I don't think that those who don't have inside information need to be policed in vague and ambiguous ways for simply trying to have an active, positive and engaged conversation.

Comment

Working...
                                X