Announcement

Collapse

Software Upgrade

I upgraded the software to ensure it works with PHP 8+ and save me a few bucks each month. If you encounter any issues, please email me.
See more
See less

Chuckles and Mr. Squeezy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Album Discussion: Chuckles and Mr. Squeezy

man i guess i should been more sociable over the years. i've been on dredg boards for like 8 years (all the way back to kayasuma) and i have to beg like the newbies.
    Last edited by sangreal314; April 6, 2011, 03:17 AM.

Comment

It is interesting to me, though, the difference between dredg fans and fans of their albums. I had this discussion with a good friend about whether we were 'album' or 'band' music fans — preferring to cite albums or bands for interests. I'm an album guy, except for dredg. I latched on in 2001, and appreciate the band not for one single album (although El Cielo remains my favorite), but for their body of work. Their willingness to be whoever they are at the moment of creating garners my respect.
      words always ebbing, never flowing

Comment

Originally posted by penguinintheroom View Post
        It is interesting to me, though, the difference between dredg fans and fans of their albums. I had this discussion with a good friend about whether we were 'album' or 'band' music fans — preferring to cite albums or bands for interests. I'm an album guy, except for dredg. I latched on in 2001, and appreciate the band not for one single album (although El Cielo remains my favorite), but for their body of work. Their willingness to be whoever they are at the moment of creating garners my respect.
        Exactly. This is the same thing I've discovered with me and my brother. In regards to dredg. I am a band fan. However, with my brother in terms of dredg, he's an album fan. He will only claim a liking towards El Cielo.

Comment

Yeah, disappointed but it is what it is. The logo I have on my car and snowboard was taken from back when kayasuma.cjb.net was still around. I recall finding the hidden instrumentals on dredg's old website - I know "del torro" was one because it was my favorite but I think some combination of "Halong Bay" and "Three Legged Horse" may have been on there too, not 100% sure since they were on the "Blueprints" download as well. Industry Demo, Coquette, and I even remember when I found Orph - that CD I made of Orph and all the other instrumental demos I could find are in my bathroom CD player - I remember jamming to "Is Not Everything" over and over again when I flew back to visit my friends in LA in '01. My intention is not to prove any perceived worthiness, but more just reminiscing - dredg has been the soundtrack to the timeline of my life the past 10 years. Off to that girly thread about healing...

About the new video posted - I'm interested to hear if the chorus builds up anymore or if it continues the restraint feeling I'm hearing in it currently.

Comment

• Re: Chuckles and Mr. Squeezy

Originally posted by Knifeboy View Post
            wat

Vast majority of people talking about the album in this thread got it legitimately (as far as I can see only sins didn't)
            How is the way I got it any different than the rest of the people who have it? I've received every album since CWA early because I know certain people on this board pretty well - that's more or less how everyone else came to acquire it.

I think I will do a mini-review like the rest of you as soon as I get a few more listens in.
            http://rateyourmusic.com/~SinsOfArcadia

Comment

Ahhh here we go again. Has anybody tried "I can has leak/download with proof of purchase?" I don't know if I've seen that one yet. I wish there was more info on the packaging, I like the new art but then again I also like "electro" as it were so the images reminded me of the scene.

Whatevs, I'll buy it either way.

Comment

ah - rejoice. rejoice. h4x0rz & anal sex

Comment

Remember when I found "The Thought of Losing You" and posted the streaming link for everybody? MORE than a good enough reason to provide me with the album =).

Really though, I can't wait to hear it. If I had to guess, this really is a transitional album for them in that I think they will become more prolific and focused on writing, and perhaps a bit less focused on touring. Maybe I'm wrong-- I have no idea where bands make most of their money. It just seems like, because they have plenty written for another album in the near future(apparently), and have said in the past that they'd like to release albums more frequently, this is perhaps the album which marks their transition in focus. Pointless speculation, probably.

Comment

Some dude made himself a new Dredg t-shirt:

Comment

Been lurking awhile, dreaming of a leak. I will finally show my face.

Don't blame people for not giving up the leak. The only reason we have so many reviews already is cause this as well as previous albums have been locked up tight so the band and those wellconnected have been able to share it with confidence that they won't get screwed over.

I prefer a cock tease and blue balls to nothing I guess...

Either way heres a decent but vague review. Haven't seen to much from people outside the board who have heard the album so kinda an interesting perspective.

http://gunshyassassin.com/reviews/so...es-mr-squeezy/

Comment

Knowing the story behind Kalathat... it actually REALLY depresses me...

Comment

Originally posted by Gnomad View Post
                          Knowing the story behind Kalathat... it actually REALLY depresses me...
                          I would love to read the story if you are willing to share.
                          Holoogamooga:
                          It made me kind of sad when I'd talk about Thursday, the band, in high school and everyone would just look at me and say something snarky about the day of the week.

Comment

Comment

Just when I was getting ready to go to bed it looks like I'll be scouring the internet all night....
                              http://turntable.fm/traversing

BYOB

Comment

Originally posted by penguinintheroom View Post
                                Very true, if they make any music, we'd still like it

Comment

Working...
                                X