Announcement

Collapse

Software Upgrade

I upgraded the software to ensure it works with PHP 8+ and save me a few bucks each month. If you encounter any issues, please email me.
See more
See less

Chuckles and Mr. Squeezy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AnewKINDofFEELING
    replied
    Re: Album Discussion: Chuckles and Mr. Squeezy

Originally posted by Frank Nit View Post
    I doubt they'll blame anything on the leak.
    I just added that in there because Gavin has shown a distaste for leaks in the past.

This won't stop me from enjoying the rest of their music, either. I understand that they, as a band, love to experiment, just like Rush. However, sometimes experiments fail. Hopefully they come back and offer a more focused album next time.

Leave a comment:

• Frank Nit
    replied

I doubt they'll blame anything on the leak.

Leave a comment:

• AnewKINDofFEELING
    replied

Originally posted by rossimo View Post
    I just bought their album on iTunes (using some leftover iTunes credit) to support them. I have no intention of listening to this again, though...I'm just loyal
    I've bought every album they have made that is worth my money. This one was certainly not. I originally bought the pre-order that got axed. In the meantime, I heard the album. Sorry, guys, but I'm not buying it.

They'll blame it on the leak, but I blame it on sub-par music from a band I love. The leak just saved me from being pissed at them for spending money on it.

Leave a comment:

• dsv
    replied

Still awaiting the black shirt bundle and have still only heard two songs so far. I await the new music video as well...
    Last edited by dsv; May 5, 2011, 01:02 AM.

Leave a comment:

• megahurt
    replied

Originally posted by InfraredDream View Post
    Something to be proud of I guess?
    Not sure if proud is the word, but yeah I'm very happy about the choice I made. The only reason for me to pay for that obsolete disc is if the booklet/package makes it worthwhile with interesting artwork and content. Something like a cool making-of DVD would do the trick. But apparently it's a nearly empty jewel case without even the lyrics included. Fuck that. I skip the middle man and download the digital files without having to rip the waste of plastic.

I have my tickets to see them soon, as I always do when they come to Philly.

Leave a comment:

• Sorry But Its Over
    replied

I'm impressed, they put as much creativity into the packaging for this thing as they did for the music of the album, nice. No booklet, no art whatsoever. Worst of all instead of putting in lyrics, there's some stupidass story about Chuckles and Mr. Squeezy. The icing on the cake! No reason not to put lyrics and artwork in an album, might as well have just downloaded it. Instantly regretting buying this.

end rant

Ahh, I feel better. On a positive note some songs have grown on me. I really dig Another Tribe, Ornament, Thought of Losing You, Somebody is Laughing, and Before it began. Rest is poop. Wish I could be more positive for one of my top 5 bands but this sadly is not possible.
    Last edited by Sorry But Its Over; May 4, 2011, 10:14 PM.

Leave a comment:

• sangreal314
    replied

i'll support them by going to see them live. i see no reason to buy this cd.

Leave a comment:

• rossimo
    replied

I just bought their album on iTunes (using some leftover iTunes credit) to support them. I have no intention of listening to this again, though...I'm just loyal

Leave a comment:

• InfraredDream
    replied

Originally posted by megahurt View Post
    Luckily I downloaded it illegally and have no plans to pay for a plastic disk. Yay technology!
    Something to be proud of I guess?

Leave a comment:

• evasivetear
    replied

Originally posted by megahurt View Post
    Luckily I downloaded it illegally and have no plans to pay for a plastic disk. Yay technology!
    great story

Leave a comment:

• sangreal314
    replied

maybe not including a booklet or anything is just another part of the experiment. leave them alone they are doing what they want to do!

Leave a comment:

• megahurt
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Clouds
    replied

What the fuck? I thought they were focusing a lot on the art for this CD. This would actually be the least amount of artwork for a dredg cd yet.

Leave a comment:

• evasivetear
    replied

No booklets apparently. At least no one else has one either.

Leave a comment:

• Clouds
    replied

Picked up the cd today. Is there supposed to be a booklet in the packaging? Mine just had an empty sleeve.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X