Announcement

Collapse

Software Upgrade

I upgraded the software to ensure it works with PHP 8+ and save me a few bucks each month. If you encounter any issues, please email me.
See more
See less

The Pariah, The Parrot, The Delusion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: the Pariah, the Parrot, the Delusion?

Originally posted by Gnomad View Post
    Yeah... definitely not trusting Amazon with a vinyl... no fucking way...
    I got Manchester Orchestra's vinyl in the mail from amazon today. It's in great shape. I also preordered this there
    Twitter | Facebook | Rate Your Music

Originally posted by TheRuleofThree
    Very well - you caught me in a rare mistake. I commend you for achieving this elite honor.

Comment

Luck.

Comment

Did some of you had problems with Amazon earlier?

Comment

Actually, I shouldn't blame Amazon... fuck FedEx.

Comment

Originally posted by Gnomad View Post
            Actually, I shouldn't blame Amazon... fuck FedEx.
            Yup fed ex sucks dick.

Its pretty widely known that if you are a courier and you need to drop off a shipment you do so in the normal hours a business' shipping and receiving hours... which is around 8-4.

Fed ex dropped off at my work yesterday at 7 pm.

And they can't speak english.
            Google "Nutsack" and see what kind of pictures come up

Comment

Well, if something was to happen to the vinyl in shipment- I think Amazon has really good exchange policies. Plus, if it is the carrier service that you are afraid of- you run the same risk ordering the disk from dredg directly.

Comment

Not if I buy it at a show.

Comment

^Always the best option!

Comment

Originally posted by Sins Of Arcadia View Post
                    Those two parts are in the same song
                    Then it might as well be the best (dregd) album opener since symbol song

Comment

Interesting that all the youtube versions of the leaks are gone today.
                      I like that. I just wonder how that happened? Are people that posted them there changed their mind or somebody asked them to or?
                      ---
                      I just watched this LP33.tv interview and I wonder about the distribution part. Gavin said that their own label is doing promotion and distribution. I wonder then why the release date was postponed so many time IF that's in their hands? It obviously is not and I wonder where this all breaks, what obsticles they may face then?
                      Other than this I think the promotion so far is much better then it was previously, so I hope that this time it will work better for them! So far the album is highly anticipated and in a way all these leaks helped too. Information as single and video seems like an awesome choice. So far so good. I am hopeful.
                      But that distribution part is bugging me.
                      Many friends yet still a loner...

Comment

Imagine having to set up national and international distribution on your own rather than allowing a major label with the infrastructure already set up to do it for you. There are bound to be setbacks when you're trying to orchestrate multiple channels at the same time.
                        Originally posted by Gnomad
                        I think we're forgetting one huge factor in all of this.

Super God.
                        Originally posted by auto-de-fe
                        do you think we can get a sticky for this thread so that i can constantly be reminded how much of a dick theruleofthree is?

Comment

Yes, I was thinking about that too. And I guess album is getting out earlier in Europe because they are still with Interscope there. And I guess that is the big issue now. Only my own speculations though.
                          But I am very happy with the promotion part so far. And I hope it will work great this time!

Comment

Originally posted by InfraredDream View Post
                            Interesting that all the youtube versions of the leaks are gone today.
                            I like that. I just wonder how that happened? Are people that posted them there changed their mind or somebody asked them to or?
                            Mark emailed the guy that put them up and asked him to take the songs down, very nicely.

The person in question was posting all about it on the dredg last.fm page.
                            Originally posted by Lye In Your Eye
                            you're pretty narcissistic
                            enjoy that, nobody else does.
                            Originally posted by Madklikor
                            You call me ignorant? LOL...Stop judging right you or you're gonna find me

Comment

i put up lightswitch, information and time will tell on youtube.. someone mailed me that mark asked him to do so, i got some evil WARNER MUSIC IS PISSED OF YOU mail from youtube. but i'm okay with putting down the stuff. whatever dredg want's i'll give it to them :-) peanut butter sandwich anyone? i am going to thailand for 4 months in 2 weeks... hate the delay of the release, even though we germans have 29th of may.. i pre-ordered both information-singles and the deluxe album, my parents will send it with fed ex to me...
                              and my friend will rip and send it by rapidshare the day it comes out...

cheers...

P.S. DREDG DESERVE TO MAKE A LIVING WITH THEIR MUSIC

Comment

Thanks for sharing the info. I was sure there was something in getting the songs off yourtube.

Originally posted by Junkstory View Post
                                P.S. DREDG DESERVE TO MAKE A LIVING WITH THEIR MUSIC
                                TOTALLY agree!! And I really hope with this album they'll get there!

So, who did Mark emailed then? Not you directly but somebody else who emeiled you?

Comment

Working...
                                X