Announcement

Collapse

Software Upgrade

I upgraded the software to ensure it works with PHP 8+ and save me a few bucks each month. If you encounter any issues, please email me.
See more
See less

Porcupine Tree's new album "The Incident" (2009)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Porcupine Tree's new album (2009) info

Boo to the tour dates for the US. No love for the Southeast at all? Hopefully more dates will be announced.
    Originally posted by Gnomad
    How many dredg fans does it take to change a lightbulb?

Seven. One to change it, five to complain that the old one was better, and one talk about Gavins weight.

Comment

Originally posted by Knifeboy View Post
      Where've you been? Live shows are always more expensive here in europe
      No they aren't.. and certainly not when it's a European band touring Europe. (or even more so when it's a UK band touring the UK

Comment

Spring of 2010 supposedly a more extensive North American Tour is to happen. The chance of them coming to MN however, are remote given recent (unexplainable) history (5, including 3 lengthly tours skipping, and instead playing 2 dates in Chicago after selling out The Fine Line in 2003 and 2005).
        allmediareviewsblog

twitter

Comment

Originally posted by barneystorm View Post
          No they aren't.. and certainly not when it's a European band touring Europe. (or even more so when it's a UK band touring the UK
          except that they are. touring america is a lot cheaper than touring europe

Comment

new album titled "The Incident"

http://blogs.myspace.com/index.cfm?f...ogID=494486027

Porcupine Tree new album
            Porcupine Tree are happy to announce the forthcoming release of their tenth studio album "The Incident". The record is set to be released via Roadrunner Records worldwide on 21st September, as a double CD.

The centre-piece is the title track, which takes up the whole of the first disc. The 55-minute work is described as “a slightly surreal song cycle about beginnings and endings and the sense that ‘after this, things will never be the same again’.”

The self-produced album is completed by four standalone compositions that developed out of band writing sessions last December - Flicker, Bonnie The Cat, Black Dahlia, and Remember Me Lover feature on a separate EP length disc to stress their independence from the song cycle.

Video footage of the band in the studio working on The Incident, as well as audio previews, will be available online soon. The band will tour extensively to promote the album from mid September onwards.
            allmediareviewsblog

twitter

Comment

Re: Porcupine Tree's new album "The Incident" (2009)

Sounds like they're slowly dissappearing up their own arses

Comment

eh, I'd rather Porcupine tree do something this long then a band like Tool.

Comment

Absolutely cannot wait.
                  BLOG
                  DEPTHS
                  RABBIT HOLE

Comment

Originally posted by SomeHomelessGuy View Post
                    eh, I'd rather Porcupine tree do something this long then a band like Tool.
                    ... Ok?

I wouldn't want to see Tool do it either..

Comment

That's what I said. Steven Wilson can make a 55 minute song interesting. Most of the time, Tool cannot.

Comment

Originally posted by oO dredgolfo Oo View Post
                        Absolutely cannot wait.
                        Exactly what this guy said. I cannot wait. Seeing them in August!

Comment

Originally posted by SomeHomelessGuy View Post
                          That's what I said. Steven Wilson can make a 55 minute song interesting. Most of the time, Tool cannot.
                          Yes. I know. I'm wondering why in the world you mentioned a completely unrelated band that has never shown any intention of ever releasing a 55 minute song

Comment

I love Porcupine Tree but this 55 minute song better be a song with coherence and not just a 55 minutes song to have a 55 minute song. I wonder if it will only be tracked as one song or if it will be chopped into portions. I've seen both done on records with long songs.

Comment

Originally posted by Knifeboy View Post
                              Yes. I know. I'm wondering why in the world you mentioned a completely unrelated band that has never shown any intention of ever releasing a 55 minute song
                              Maybe not 55 minutes, but if we're talking about long-form progressive music Tool and their long, drawn out songs come to mind. But whatever. I loved Arriving Somewhere, and I'm sure this will rock too.

Comment

Can't wait! Fear Of A Blanket has grown on me massively since it first came out. Still not sure if I want to go to their London show though, all seated for £35 or something...

Comment

Working...
                                X