Announcement

Collapse

Software Upgrade

I upgraded the software to ensure it works with PHP 8+ and save me a few bucks each month. If you encounter any issues, please email me.
See more
See less

incubus...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: incubus...

Originally posted by evasivetear View Post
    again, your experience is different than mine.

i can tell you they did not play new skin, certain shade of green or vitamin, because those were some of my favorite songs and i remember not hearing them.

the real deal was how ridiculous and quite honestly, almost argument provoking (since that's what it's done) i thought your response to me was, in implying that i somehow, 8ish years ago, shouldn't have been surprised to not hear some of those songs when they only had 3 albums (as far as i was concerned...i never expected to hear anything from before science) in their catalog. or that i should somehow know that they have been still playing some of those songs in tours since i stopped seeing them live...

and yah...as billy quoted me as saying, i think i was pretty open from the get go about my feelings for incubus, now...good call there.
    i wasn't trying to start an argument. my last post covers what i was doing.

Comment

Originally posted by sangreal314 View Post
      i wasn't trying to start an argument. my last post covers what i was doing.
      i don't care other than thinking it is pointless that he is even posting in this thread. but what i was arguing was him saying they don't play anything pre-make yourself. it's just not true.
      see previous responses, since i never said they don't play anything pre-make yourself....i said that they barely did at the last concert i went to. so, arguing with me was kinda pointless now, wasn't it? unless it was that you were just in fact, arguing with me for the sake of arguing.
      Originally posted by Lye In Your Eye
      you're pretty narcissistic
      enjoy that, nobody else does.
      Originally posted by Madklikor
      You call me ignorant? LOL...Stop judging right you or you're gonna find me

Comment

What's so funny 'bout peace, love and understand?

Comment

i don't know those terms. elaborate. are they themes of incubus songs?

ok. seriously, i'm done. sorry. i dont want to hijack this thread anymore

yeh, i haven't seen them live since their morning view touring....and they basically paid no service to albums before make yourself, even then....
          yeh....i can see where you could misconstrue me saying "basically paid no service" to mean "they never play any old songs" ... seriously, what's wrong with you? it's like you latch onto one thing i said, misinterpret it, and then continue to argue the same point when i try to correct your thinking so you can understand what i'm actually saying.

and yes i know those were elvis costello lyrics.
          Last edited by evasivetear; March 10, 2009, 06:29 PM.

Comment

see previous responses, since i never said they don't play anything pre-make yourself....i said that they barely did at the last concert i went to. so, arguing with me was kinda pointless now, wasn't it?
            you said they paid no service to it even then. you were just making a statement based on the one show that you saw, but making it sound like they never played those songs. they did and they still do. that's all my argument was.

sangreal314 added 0 Minutes and 51 Seconds later...

i don't know those terms. elaborate. are they themes of incubus songs?

ok. seriously, i'm done. sorry. i dont want to hijack this thread anymore
            elvis costello. and thanks.

Comment

I'll always have a soft spot for Incubus, but they have yet to produce something that stands up to SCIENCE and Make Yourself for me.

And my favorite B-side is "Crowded Elevator" followed by "Monuments and Melodies." Actually, I've found that recently the b-sides have been better than the albums for Incubus.
              Originally posted by Gnomad
              I think we're forgetting one huge factor in all of this.

Super God.
              Originally posted by auto-de-fe
              do you think we can get a sticky for this thread so that i can constantly be reminded how much of a dick theruleofthree is?

Comment

Originally posted by TheRuleofThree View Post
                I'll always have a soft spot for Incubus, but they have yet to produce something that stands up to SCIENCE and Make Yourself for me.

And my favorite B-side is "Crowded Elevator" followed by "Monuments and Melodies." Actually, I've found that recently the b-sides have been better than the albums for Incubus.
                that is definitely true of the b-sides for light grenades.

Comment

i would agree to that. i liked the b-sides to light grenades more than the majority of their recent work

Comment

i would agree to that. i liked the b-sides to light grenades more than the majority of their recent work
                    half of light grenades is great, then you have the sappy love songs. and aclotm is probably my 3rd favorite album behind make yourself and science. they haven't completely let me down yet. but i can definitely see why some of the old fans don't like them anymore.

Comment

Dude, Crowded Elevator was pretty great.

Comment

The last time a friend of mine saw them... he told me they played Calgone.
                        Facebook / Twitter

Comment

half of light grenades is great, then you have the sappy love songs. and aclotm is probably my 3rd favorite album behind make yourself and science. they haven't completely let me down yet. but i can definitely see why some of the old fans don't like them anymore.
                          brock and i had a discussion about that when light grenades came out, n' i remember having a very similar reaction to it. half the songs were good, the rest....forgettable and were promptly deleted.

that's basically how i determine if i'm a fan of a band, or if i just happen to like a few songs by them....if i have partial albums on my computer/ipod...i'm not a real fan.

Comment

just for the sake of showing how cool i am, here the setlist of when I first saw them...

02/18/2000 - Mid Hudson Civic Center - Poughkeepsie, NY
                            Set: New Skin / Privilege / Favorite Things / Pardon Me / Vitamin / The Warmth / Make Yourself / Calgone (w/Summer Romance) / When It Comes / Redefine

Comment

I have no idea what set they played when I saw them back in '98, but I do remember "Nebula," "Redefine," and "New Skin." Followed them on a great musical journey for four years before that turd ACLOTM came out. Gave Light Grenades a spin a few times but the only songs I think I still have are "Anna Molly," "Dig," and "Rouge."
                              Maybe, MAYBE if Dirk was brought back into the band I could get into them again but the direction they've gone since Morning View has done nothing for me except help me save money.
                              And as an interesting note, did you know "Crowded Elevator" used to be known as "Weiner?"
                              Originally posted by Gnomad
                              How many dredg fans does it take to change a lightbulb?

Seven. One to change it, five to complain that the old one was better, and one talk about Gavins weight.

Comment

I've been going through their albums again recently...

S.C.I.E.N.C.E. is still pretty good in small doses
                                Make Yourself is still their best

Morning View is HORRID.

Anyone else noticed the vocal difference between Make Yourself and Morning View?

Put some headphones on and go listen to Make Yourself and you'll notice how tight the band is. Also of importance -- Brandon seems to have control of his voice on that album. Morning View has too many ohs spread throughout it between verses and as vocal fills. Try to count the unnecessary ohs the next time you go through Morning View. Who knows what Brandon was thinking at that point, but if it was that ohs make a song, well.... he was wrong. It didn't bother me when the album was new, but I can't tolerate it now because I can hear it and I'm not a diehard fan. Beyond that, "Under My Umbrella" and "Circles" are the only two songs I truly enjoy.

A Crow Left of the Murder is finally growing on me, but I still think half the album is shit. There's enough to make a good EP:

Megalomaniac
                                Agoraphobia
                                Talk Shows On Mute
                                Sick Sad Little World

Light Grenades is junk.

Comment

Working...
                                X