Announcement

Collapse

Software Upgrade

I upgraded the software to ensure it works with PHP 8+ and save me a few bucks each month. If you encounter any issues, please email me.
See more
See less

incubus...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• incubus...

Incubus are preparing a two-disc greatest hits/rarities set dubbed "Monuments & Melodies" for a May 05th release. The first disc of the set will feature 13 previously released singles along with the 2 new tracks, "Black Heart Inertia" and "Midnight Swim". The second disc of the set will focus on rarities, with 11 tracks, including unreleased versions of Pantomime" and "Neither Of Us Can See", plus a cover and more, set to appear. "Black Heart Inertia" is slated to serve as the first single from the set and will impact at radio on March 24th. Furthermore, the band will also be touring the U.S. beginning July through to late August. Dates and venues have yet to be announced.

Re: incubus...

Originally posted by sangreal314 View Post
    Incubus are preparing a two-disc greatest hits/rarities set dubbed "Monuments & Melodies" for a May 05th release. The first disc of the set will feature 13 previously released singles along with the 2 new tracks, "Black Heart Inertia" and "Midnight Swim". The second disc of the set will focus on rarities, with 11 tracks, including unreleased versions of Pantomime" and "Neither Of Us Can See", plus a cover and more, set to appear. "Black Heart Inertia" is slated to serve as the first single from the set and will impact at radio on March 24th. Furthermore, the band will also be touring the U.S. beginning July through to late August. Dates and venues have yet to be announced.
    Might be interesting.

I wonder if "Familiar" (a great S.C.I.E.N.C.E. era tune from Spawn) and "Crowded Elevator" (Make Yourself b-side, appeared on Scream 3 and When Incubus Attacks) will be included. They would help make the release better than it will be with nothing but their singles and their other shitty b-sides/etc.

What are their singles? Would they include early songs with videos?

I'm guessing...

Take Me to Your Leader(?)
    New Skin(?)
    A Certain Shade of Green(?)
    Pardon Me
    Stellar
    Drive
    Wish You Were Here
    Nice to Know You
    Warning
    Circles (didn't even realize that was a single until now)
    Megalomaniac
    Talk Shows On Mute
    Anna Molly
    Dig
    Oil and Water
    Love Hurts

EDIT: Just realized that the Enjoy and S.C.I.E.N.C.E. tunes would put the album at 16 tracks, so they probably won't be included.
    Last edited by Ooga; March 10, 2009, 02:26 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ooga View Post
      Might be interesting.

I wonder if "Familiar" (a great S.C.I.E.N.C.E. era tune from Spawn) and "Crowded Elevator" (Make Yourself b-side, appeared on Scream 3 and When Incubus Attacks) will be included. They would help make the release better than it will be with nothing but their singles and their other shitty b-sides/etc.
      i read more on the incubus board and apparently it is real rarities, mostly stuff we haven't heard before. they do need to include all the b-sides that we do know. it should be a 2 disc b-sides/rarities and fuck the greatest hits. i'm more excited about them touring again, they are always good live and my wife never got to see them before.

Comment

Yup, didn't know anything about this...

...GREAT NEWS!!! Thanks man...
        Originally posted by Ars Sycro
        I have a type. I like hot bitches.

Comment

Originally posted by Ooga View Post
          I wonder if "Familiar" (a great S.C.I.E.N.C.E. era tune from [i]Spawn... will be included.
          That was a great song.

Comment

Originally posted by Gnomad View Post
            That was a great song.
            i concur.

I didn't enjoy them live the last time I saw them. They of course just played the last two albums, which I wasn't crazy for. I was lucky enough to catch them open for System of a Down back in 2000, so that was nice.

This is good news nonetheless

Comment

yeh, i haven't seen them live since their morning view touring....and they basically paid no service to albums before make yourself, even then....

i have zero interest in ever seeing them live again.
              Originally posted by Lye In Your Eye
              you're pretty narcissistic
              enjoy that, nobody else does.
              Originally posted by Madklikor
              You call me ignorant? LOL...Stop judging right you or you're gonna find me

Comment

Originally posted by evasivetear View Post
                yeh, i haven't seen them live since their morning view touring....and they basically paid no service to albums before make yourself, even then....

they play stuff from science as much as dredg does stuff from leitmotif, if not more. they don't play anything older than that. why would they? they were in high school and they think that stuff sucks.

Comment

they play Summer Romance (Anti-Gravity Love Song) but that's about it.

Comment

Originally posted by kata rokkar View Post
                    they play Summer Romance (Anti-Gravity Love Song) but that's about it.
                    i have seen them play vitamin, glass, idiot box, new skin, a certain shade of green and they also play nebula and were playing a new version of redefine at some point.

Comment

Originally posted by sangreal314 View Post
                      they play stuff from science as much as dredg does stuff from leitmotif, if not more. they don't play anything older than that. why would they? they were in high school and they think that stuff sucks.
                      oh, i'm sorry. i forgot you went to the same shows that i did and have first hand knowledge to comment on my experiences with them. ...

the last time i saw them, as stated, was at the beginning of their morning view touring (so yes, i understand that as bands age, they are less likely to play songs from their earlier days...but, as this time period i was referring to, was not that distant from the days of Science, I would have figured more service would have been paid - also, just for FYI, i was only referring to science in my original post...never did i expect them to go earlier than that in concert, much like i never expected dredg to ever play anything prior to leitmotif)....also as said 'they basically payed no service to albums before make yourself' which would imply that they did, in fact, pay SOME service to those albums. Summer Romance is the only song i can recall them playing from Science, at that last show i went to.

are they playing those old songs that you listed at their new shows? if so, good for them. i still have no interest in seeing them live again. Science did not age well with me, and i'm not really fan of their albums as a whole, anymore....a few songs here and there...neat. not worth spending the money on a concert ticket for me.
                      Last edited by evasivetear; March 10, 2009, 05:48 PM.

Comment

oh, i'm sorry. i forgot you went to the same shows that i did and have first hand knowledge to comment on my experiences with them. ...

the last time i saw them, as stated, was at the beginning of their morning view touring....also as said 'they basically payed no service to albums before make yourself' which would imply that they did, in fact, pay SOME service to those albums. Summer Romance is the only song i can recall them playing from Science, at that last show i went to.

are they playing those old songs that you listed at their new shows? if so, good for them. i still have no interest in seeing them live again. Science did not age well with me, and i'm not really fan of their albums as a whole, anymore....a few songs here and there...neat. not worth spending the money on a concert ticket for me.
                        when i saw them on that tour they played glass, vitamin, new skin and a certain shade of green. and they still play most of the songs i listed. guess you either don't remember or just got a show where for some reason they didn't play as much. but it sounds like the real deal is you just don't like incubus.

Comment

Hmmm...

Comment

Originally posted by Gnomad View Post
                            Hmmm...
                            i'm not arguing his interest to see them. i don't care other than thinking it is pointless that he is even posting in this thread. but what i was arguing was him saying they don't play anything pre-make yourself. it's just not true.

Comment

again, your experience is different than mine.

i can tell you they did not play new skin, certain shade of green or vitamin, because those were some of my favorite songs and i remember not hearing them.

the real deal was how ridiculous and quite honestly, almost argument provoking (since that's what it's done) i thought your response to me was, in implying that i somehow, 8ish years ago, shouldn't have been surprised to not hear some of those songs when they only had 3 albums (as far as i was concerned...i never expected to hear anything from before science) in their catalog. or that i should somehow know that they have been still playing some of those songs in tours since i stopped seeing them live...

and yah...as billy quoted me as saying, i think i was pretty open from the get go about my feelings for incubus, now...good call there.

evasivetear added 3 Minutes and 38 Seconds later...

i was posting in this thread simply because i could, and i had an opinion i wanted to share. my only reason for continuing to post in this thread now is due to our unexplained inability to have a decent conversation between each other.

i don't know what happened there. i don't remember ever having a problem with you. but it just seems like we keep taking jabs at each other. it's kinda pathetic on both sides.

Comment

Working...
                              X