Announcement

Collapse

Software Upgrade

I upgraded the software to ensure it works with PHP 8+ and save me a few bucks each month. If you encounter any issues, please email me.
See more
See less

Radiohead - In Rainbows (OUT OCT. 10th!!!!!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: make up your mind about all the fellatio "metaphors

Originally posted by warofsound
    yeah radiohead is fucking greedy offering the album for free (if you want) and early. and who would blame any band for wanting a potential profit from an album leak? perhaps they're one of the few bands that could pull it off. its blaringly obvious they wanted people to hear it as soon as possible and this was the only means. i agree with you on the whole 2 disc bonus version thing....but many bands do multiple versions with bonus cds either at initial release or later on. 80 dollars may buy a lot of cds but to get all the media involved in that package individually from most artists would cost you double. you're just looking at the dollar amount and only associating it with the cd itself and not the other stuff that interests other people (many of their fans prefer vinyl to the cd). also they never said it wouldn't be released in stores...right on the first page it says "so far it is only available on the site." those "chumps" will still have the physical cd and bonus material before anyone else. but enough of this shit.....

this album is fucking amazing regardless of intentions. i can only thank the band for making it available so soon. favorite tracks are nude, all i need, and reckoner. my main problems with it are that it is a bit short and i'm not completely happy with videotape. still haven't decided on whether to buy the discbox primarily because i don't have the funds and i am interested to see if the bonus disc will be available in stores or perhaps on their website in another form.
    don't let eric get to you. just let him yell from his pedestal. no one cares anyway.

Comment

HOW ABOUT EVERYONE STOP YELLING!!!!!!!!

AHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!AHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!! !!!!!!!!BLAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

but, I didn't pay anything for the album, but I'm loving it, and will definitely buy it when they actually release it on CD, which they say they are going to do around Jan/Feb of 08

Comment

LOOOUUDDDD YELLLLING!!!!

Comment

this is generally the reason why i don't post on message boards (hence the low post count...which seems to matter to some people for some reason) but like i said the most important thing is the fact that this album is awesome. AND THAT"S WHY I cant seem to control THE VOLUME OF my voice.....
          Christ as fast

Comment

after multiple listens i am scaling back my praise for it. it's still a good album, but it's definitely not as great as people are making it out to be. there are 3 songs that i don't even like, videotape, faust arp and house of cards. the rest of the album is good, but 2 of those songs are old songs that were redone. i paid them like $3 for the dl and i will buy the cd, i would buy that package if i could afford it, but that's just because i love radiohead. i don't have any problem with the way they are doing it. i think it was very smart to put the dl up and let people decide what they want to pay for it. that's a lot better than having one dl it illegally.

Comment

Originally posted by sangreal314
              there are 3 songs that i don't even like, videotape, faust arp and house fo crads.
              you must be high as a kite. videotape and faust arp are two of my favs. house of cards is good as well. i love the new album. i didn't know about it at first but now i am listening to it constantly. i got the cd for free from demonoid. i will buy it when they release it in stores just like i have for all of their albums. i don't want vinyl and i'm not gonna pay 80$ for a picture book.  the end.
              bring back the apocalypse.

Comment

I haven't heard the record yet, but I will be downloading it from their site and paying for it.

I think my only contribution to this argument is that I wish MORE bands would be greedy instead of struggling and starving when their entire fanbase decides only to download their record.  I hate to be the guy that brings this up, and of course I don't have numbers or anything to back this assertion, but I think it's rather clear when you search online and read the amount of comments from people on "Catch Without Arms" that far more people heard the record than bought it... and remember that dredg only gets what can only be described as a minuscule amount from the profits of the cd sales.

So... are Radiohead greedy?  No... I think they want to have the freedom to receive payment for their life's work. They aren't demanding it.. but if you're and audiophile and HAVE to have amazing quality (which I am and understand) I can see the frustration here.  My only point is that I would much rather have my favorite band retain ALL the profits from their records rather than a label who sticks their name on it and gets most of the money.  Yeah, you can go to Best Buy and purchase someone's new record for $10... in this case though, you can just give them the $10 directly and then download the full quality when it leaks... which everyone here knows they'll ultimately do if we're all being honest.
                Originally posted by Gnomad
                I think we're forgetting one huge factor in all of this.

Super God.
                Originally posted by auto-de-fe
                do you think we can get a sticky for this thread so that i can constantly be reminded how much of a dick theruleofthree is?

Comment

I must say, I prefer the old Arpeggi:

(listen to the audio, not the video)

Comment

Originally posted by sleepiswrong
                    Originally posted by sangreal314
                    there are 3 songs that i don't even like, videotape, faust arp and house fo crads.
                    you must be high as a kite. videotape and faust arp are two of my favs. house of cards is good as well. i love the new album. i didn't know about it at first but now i am listening to it constantly. i got the cd for free from demonoid. i will buy it when they release it in stores just like i have for all of their albums. i don't want vinyl and i'm not gonna pay 80$ for a picture book.  the end.
                    my favorites are weird fishes, all i need and of course, nude and reckoner.

Comment

Originally posted by Ventrio
                      NO WAY!!! That opening drum and bass line is SICK. Easily one of my favorite moments on the album...
                      Originally posted by Ars Sycro
                      I have a type. I like hot bitches.

Comment

Comment

haha i saw that earlier today . . .
                          Originally posted by kata rokkar
                          Supterfuckingultrawesomecoreasaurus

Comment

Radiohead could release a forty minute album only consisting Thom Yorke going AHAHAHO OOOOOOOOHH WWWWWWWWWWWREEEEEEEEENNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN OOOOOOOOOHHH SEEEEEECEEEEEN OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHH  over blips and bleeps and people would claim they creamed their jeans the first time they heard it.  Shame on you if you didn't already know this.

Comment

Originally posted by Zenjiro
                              Radiohead could release a forty minute album only consisting Thom Yorke going AHAHAHO OOOOOOOOHH WWWWWWWWWWWREEEEEEEEENNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN OOOOOOOOOHHH SEEEEEECEEEEEN OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHH  over blips and bleeps and people would claim they creamed their jeans the first time they heard it.  Shame on you if you didn't already know this.
                              they already did. it was called kid a.

Comment

LOL
                                http://www.facebook.com/iknockstuffdown

Originally posted by Knifeboy
                                seeing how i'm a pompous asshole, AND a rapist.. Do you really have to ask?

Comment

Working...
                                X