Announcement

Collapse

Software Upgrade

I upgraded the software to ensure it works with PHP 8+ and save me a few bucks each month. If you encounter any issues, please email me.
See more
See less

Radiohead - In Rainbows (OUT OCT. 10th!!!!!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

this is a wicked a record.

Comment

So did anyone here actually pay for it?

Comment

i haven't stopped listening to it.

no i didn't pay for it.  i thought about paying a nickel, but everyone kept complaining that the site was slow and i found a ysi link almost simultaneously.

plus, it's only 160 kbps.  it sounds fine, but you shouldn't have to pay for anything less than 192.
        Originally posted by vsd
        ...and to be frank...i think...

Comment

Yeah, I don't think I'm going to buy the download. But since I'm getting it for free and they're legally giving it away for free I had to get it from the website so they have a record of how many people downloaded it so they can "stick it to the man".

If you're downloading this album, you really should download it from their site, even if it's slow...

...I do plan on buying the Box Set though...

Did anybody else see this?

Pure Buttons creates high quality custom buttons. Our 1(one) inch, 1.25 inch, 1.5 inch, and 2.25 inch pin-back buttons will meet all of your campaign, band, or promotional needs at the best rates. We also offer custom Fridge Magnets, Clothing Magnets, Mirrors, Zipper Pulls, Key Chains, and Button Packs made at the same high quality as our buttons. Try Pure Buttons today and see why we are the best button product you can buy!

Over a $1,000... Nice PR move...
          Originally posted by Ars Sycro
          I have a type. I like hot bitches.

Comment

Originally posted by SomeHomelessGuy
            i paid about $10 us for it.

i know radiohead has money, but i think it's important to support what they're trying to do - challenge people to question what they believe the music is worth.  i'm glad i paid for it, ther record is amazing!
            Originally posted by kata rokkar
            Supterfuckingultrawesomecoreasaurus

Comment

Originally posted by jsbedlam
              Originally posted by SomeHomelessGuy
              i paid about $10 us for it.

i know radiohead has money, but i think it's important to support what they're trying to do - challenge people to question what they believe the music is worth.  i'm glad i paid for it, ther record is amazing!

yea i also paid about $10 for it cuz i really want to support what they are doing as well.

i am a little disappointed that it's only 160 kbps instead of 192, but im still glad i bought it.  great album.

Comment

People will gobble up any wet dingleberry these fools dangle in front of them.  I call myself a fan of Radiohead, but I'm not about to support selling CD's for $80 and throwing up shitty quality MP3's to "fight the system."  The system has flaws, but at least it doesn't punish the fans like this.  Bitch all you want about DRM and the RIAA, but the fact remains that I can go to Best Buy and drop $10 on a new album from a band I like and I will permanently have a CD-quality copy that I can rip in any way I want.  Why should I be forced to pay $80 for the same privilege?  Let's say more bands follow in their footsteps.  I buy about 100 CDs a year, give or take.  But if bands start thinking they can get away with sub-standard products and jacking the price up like this, what do they expect us to do?  Order $80 CDs from every band you're into?  It's bullshit.  Radiohead is fleecing you people, but you don't get it because you're so ensconced in their tight, cold little assholes.

.............aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand END RANT.

NOTE: for anyone who thinks I'm prosetylizing or whining too much about this, I point at the Eagles, who are currently without a label.  You can pre-order the new album from MusicToday as a 2-CD set for $11.88, 256kbps DRM-free MP3 for $10.88 or FLAC for $11.88, and they have an exclusive distribution deal to have the CD distributed in Wal-Mart stores - all without a label.  The fans have a choice between buying the CD online or in-store - at the same price, with the same content... or as MP3 or FLAC.  This is an example of caring about taking care of the fans, and I applaud them for making the effort to buck the system without taking it out on the fans.  But Radiohead is getting all the press because of the stupid publicity stunt that masquerades as "choose your own price."  Of course they don't care what you're paying for it, it's 160kbps MP3 - I haven't had to put up with music that low in quality since the early days of Napster.  For fuck's sake....

Comment

If I'd understood about the 160 kbps - 192 difference, I'd not have spent 5.00 on it.  But then again, I only spent 5.00 on it.

I do plan to buy it when it hits my favorite used CD store.

Comment

Originally posted by erikpemberton
                    People will gobble up any wet dingleberry these fools dangle in front of them.  I call myself a fan of Radiohead, but I'm not about to support selling CD's for $80 and throwing up shitty quality MP3's to "fight the system."  The system has flaws, but at least it doesn't punish the fans like this.  Bitch all you want about DRM and the RIAA, but the fact remains that I can go to Best Buy and drop $10 on a new album from a band I like and I will permanently have a CD-quality copy that I can rip in any way I want.  Why should I be forced to pay $80 for the same privilege?  Let's say more bands follow in their footsteps.  I buy about 100 CDs a year, give or take.  But if bands start thinking they can get away with sub-standard products and jacking the price up like this, what do they expect us to do?  Order $80 CDs from every band you're into?  It's bullshit.  Radiohead is fleecing you people, but you don't get it because you're so ensconced in their tight, cold little assholes.

.............aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand END RANT.

NOTE: for anyone who thinks I'm prosetylizing or whining too much about this, I point at the Eagles, who are currently without a label.  You can pre-order the new album from MusicToday as a 2-CD set for $11.88, 256kbps DRM-free MP3 for $10.88 or FLAC for $11.88, and they have an exclusive distribution deal to have the CD distributed in Wal-Mart stores - all without a label.  The fans have a choice between buying the CD online or in-store - at the same price, with the same content... or as MP3 or FLAC.  This is an example of caring about taking care of the fans, and I applaud them for making the effort to buck the system without taking it out on the fans.  But Radiohead is getting all the press because of the stupid publicity stunt that masquerades as "choose your own price."  Of course they don't care what you're paying for it, it's 160kbps MP3 - I haven't had to put up with music that low in quality since the early days of Napster.  For fuck's sake....
                    while i kind of understand your frustration, i wholefully disagree.

p.s. Radiohead > Eagles

Comment

they're not doing it to fight the system, i read an interview with johnny greenwood the other day . . . they just wanted people to consider how much music is worth to them.

the discbox is awesome, if i had $80 to spare, i'd have ordered it, but than again i like vinyl & b-sides and all that shit . . .
                      Originally posted by kata rokkar
                      Supterfuckingultrawesomecoreasaurus

Comment

I will be more than happy to continue this conversation, but only with people who do NOT have Jonny Greenwood's semen dripping off their chins.

Comment

they are signing a record deal to release the album in stores early next year (possibly inked already)...so the download is for people who just want to hear it now and not wait till the box set at the end of this year nor for the single cd version. when they made the announcement, at that point they only had the ability to sell it through their website and probably assumed they could handle the volume of exclusive sales for a more expensive box set but not all of the exclusive sales on a single cd version (hence their signing a record deal and such)
                          Christ as fast

Comment

Originally posted by erikpemberton
                            I will be more than happy to continue this conversation, but only with people who do NOT have Jonny Greenwood's semen dripping off their chins.
                            ::raises hand::

It's Eddie Vedder's.

Comment

Originally posted by warofsound
                              they are signing a record deal to release the album in stores early next year (possibly inked already)...so the download is for people who just want to hear it now and not wait till the box set at the end of this year nor for the single cd version. when they made the announcement, at that point they only had the ability to sell it through their website and probably assumed they could handle the volume of exclusive sales for a more expensive box set but not all of the exclusive sales on a single cd version (hence their signing a record deal and such)
                              Translation: BLAH BLAH BLAH RADIOHEAD IS GREEDY BLAH BLAH BLAH.

If they can't handle the volume, DON'T DO STUPID PR STUNTS.  For fans of the band who are completists (AND IF THEY KNEW THEIR FUCKING FAN BASE...) everyone is going to want the bonus disc with extra tracks, they're not going to want the single CD version.  If the band puts out the 2-disc version in stores, groovy... I might pay full price for it.  But all the chumps buying the $80 version right now would be pretty pissed, I might imagine.  Viva la OiNK and fuck Radiohead.  $80 buys a lot of CDs from other bands who aren't into public auto-fellatio masquerading as a "revolution."

Comment

make up your mind about all the fellatio "metaphors&quo

yeah radiohead is fucking greedy offering the album for free (if you want) and early. and who would blame any band for wanting a potential profit from an album leak? perhaps they're one of the few bands that could pull it off. its blaringly obvious they wanted people to hear it as soon as possible and this was the only means. i agree with you on the whole 2 disc bonus version thing....but many bands do multiple versions with bonus cds either at initial release or later on. 80 dollars may buy a lot of cds but to get all the media involved in that package individually from most artists would cost you double. you're just looking at the dollar amount and only associating it with the cd itself and not the other stuff that interests other people (many of their fans prefer vinyl to the cd). also they never said it wouldn't be released in stores...right on the first page it says "so far it is only available on the site." those "chumps" will still have the physical cd and bonus material before anyone else. but enough of this shit.....

this album is fucking amazing regardless of intentions. i can only thank the band for making it available so soon. favorite tracks are nude, all i need, and reckoner. my main problems with it are that it is a bit short and i'm not completely happy with videotape. still haven't decided on whether to buy the discbox primarily because i don't have the funds and i am interested to see if the bonus disc will be available in stores or perhaps on their website in another form.
                                Christ as fast

Comment

Working...
                                X