Announcement

Collapse

Software Upgrade

I upgraded the software to ensure it works with PHP 8+ and save me a few bucks each month. If you encounter any issues, please email me.
See more
See less

strata

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by erikpemberton
    Even if you buy 10 and sell 9 sealed copies at a used CD store, it will still count towards the SoundScan numbers, which are the basis for the Billboard charts and something that the industry takes very seriously - even smaller labels like Wind-Up.
    small labels like Wind-Up? You mean the one with Creed and Evanescence? You must be talking about another Wind-up...

Comment

Originally posted by kata rokkar
      Even if you buy 10 and sell 9 sealed copies at a used CD store, it will still count towards the SoundScan numbers, which are the basis for the Billboard charts and something that the industry takes very seriously - even smaller labels like Wind-Up.
      small labels like Wind-Up? You mean the one with Creed and Evanescence? You must be talking about another Wind-up...
      The whole label is like 20 employees working out of one central office. They've just been lucky with their promotions and catalog. In reality Dredg is signed to a much, much larger label but has seen far less sucess than what some of the bands on Wind-Up have. Hell, they've seen less success than some bands on other smaller labels like Roadrunner, Sanctuary and Lava.

Now, when you compare Wind-Up to these fucking boutique labels that exist ONLY to put out Namibian jazz grindcore, of course they're not a "small" label. But you indie kids on this board never fail to bring the LOLocaust down upon me.

Comment

But you indie kids on this board never fail to bring the LOLocaust down upon me.
        so you're saying that you find yourself in an oven of laughter?

i'm going to hell
        Originally posted by Lye In Your Eye
        you're pretty narcissistic
        enjoy that, nobody else does.
        Originally posted by Madklikor
        You call me ignorant? LOL...Stop judging right you or you're gonna find me

Comment

Originally posted by evasivetear
          But you indie kids on this board never fail to bring the LOLocaust down upon me.
          so you're saying that you find yourself in an oven of laughter?
          Yes, often times I am laughing my ash off.

Comment

hahahaha lolocaust, brilliant.
            sigpic
            We'll fuck standing and we'll fuck then lying, if they had wings we'll fuck them flying, when they are dead and long forgotten we'll dig them up and fuck them rotten.
            Originally posted by auto-de-fe
            happy birthday, you bastard of bastards.

Comment

haha you guys are fucking killing me . . .
              Supterfuckingultrawesomecoreasaurus

Comment

Wind-Up is a small label, much like Victory Records (Hawthorne Heights, Thursday, Taking Back Sunday), Fueled By Ramen (Panic! At The Disco, Gym Class Heroes), Vagrant (Dashboard Confessional), Roadrunner (Megadeth, Nickelback, Slipknot, Stone Sour), Equal Vision (Coheed and Cambria).

Just because a band has success on a label does not mean that the label isn't a "small" label.
                Twitter | Facebook | Rate Your Music

Originally posted by TheRuleofThree
                Very well - you caught me in a rare mistake. I commend you for achieving this elite honor.

Comment

Chorus.fm is a curated music destination for those looking for something outside of the mainstream. News, reviews, forums, articles, and commentary. Founded by Jason Tate.

Very well - you caught me in a rare mistake. I commend you for achieving this elite honor.

Comment

what I meant by small... is small as in selling records, not staff members. Most of these ‘small’ record labels are NO different than big corporate record companies. Definitely with Victory and Wind-up, which churn out flavor-of-the-week garbage daily.

strata + kaddisfly. yaa! I finally have a reason to see kaddisfly.

Comment

Yes, but one or two bands selling a lot of records when you have 20-30 bands on your roster does not come out to a lot of money.

Comment

Originally posted by Ars Sycro
                        Yes, but one or two bands selling a lot of records when you have 20-30 bands on your roster does not come out to a lot of money.
                        that would ring true with say, Vagrant or Equalvision or even Saddle Creek. But with Roadrunner, Wind-up and Victory, I don't think I need to tell anyone how many mainstream artists are on those labels and have sold over millions of records (ex. Evanescence sold 13 million in 2003/04 alone). I wouldn't be surprised if Wind-up starts to advertise Starta's "Stay Young" as the next "One Thing." Seriously, fuck Wind-up. Any label that distributes Creed and Alterbridge is Satan's crony in my book.

Added after 2 minutes:

kata rokkar - bringing the LOLocaust since 16 Sep 2005

Comment

That would be such an amazing tour.

Comment

well 65 days of static, which i have never heard, is opening for the cure in sep. just noticed that in an email.

Comment

go listen to some 65daysofstatic right now.  damn good band.
                              Supterfuckingultrawesomecoreasaurus

Comment

Originally posted by jsbedlam
                                go listen to some 65daysofstatic right now.  damn good band.
                                i can't get the ftp to work now.

Comment

Working...
                                X