Announcement

Collapse

Software Upgrade

I upgraded the software to ensure it works with PHP 8+ and save me a few bucks each month. If you encounter any issues, please email me.
See more
See less

strata

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TheRuleofThree
    What would be fantastic is if they could maybe be on those dredg dates in September and then head out nationally for their own dates.
    I've had that conversation with the guys many times... I wanna see Dredg/Strata/Kaddisfly/Brazil/Circa Survive. Once that happens, I can have my megagasm and die happy.

Comment

Anyone else pick up this album today? Definitely worth every penny spent on it.
      http://www.facebook.com/iknockstuffdown

Originally posted by Knifeboy
      seeing how i'm a pompous asshole, AND a rapist.. Do you really have to ask?

Comment

Originally posted by IKnockStuffDown
        Anyone else pick up this album today? Definitely worth every penny spent on it.
        4 copies.

The guys really need support right now, so if you can afford it, buy as many copies as you can. It's only $6.99 at most indie stores (Rasputin and Streetlight in the Bay Area, for example) and $7.99 at a lot of the "big box" stores (Target, Circuit City, Best Buy).

Comment

i could buy 10 copies, but i don't think it makes any sense to buy more than one.
          Originally posted by vsd
          ...and to be frank...i think...

Comment

I'm going to buy it thursday when i actually hhhave money.

Comment

got my pre-order in the mail today.

a lot of these songs have already acquired  some special meaning....this album is really excellent
              Originally posted by Lye In Your Eye
              you're pretty narcissistic
              enjoy that, nobody else does.
              Originally posted by Madklikor
              You call me ignorant? LOL...Stop judging right you or you're gonna find me

Comment

It was supposed to arrive from Amazon yesterday... but it got delayed and will be here sometime today.
                Twitter | Facebook | Rate Your Music

Originally posted by TheRuleofThree
                Very well - you caught me in a rare mistake. I commend you for achieving this elite honor.

Comment

dredg/kaddisfly/strata tour would be awesome. and NOT just on the west coast damnit!

Comment

haha, yeh.  that needs to happen someday

Comment

Originally posted by Frank Nit
                      i could buy 10 copies, but i don't think it makes any sense to buy more than one.
                      This album is either going to make or break Strata. In this industry, first week sales REALLY count. At $6.99 (indie stores) or $7.99 (Best Buy, Circuit City, etc.), it's not hard to afford multiple copies. Even if you buy 10 and sell 9 sealed copies at a used CD store, it will still count towards the SoundScan numbers, which are the basis for the Billboard charts and something that the industry takes very seriously - even smaller labels like Wind-Up. Right now, many stores don't have a lot of copies... the Best Buy I went to here in the  Bay Area only had 2 - so I bought them both. I've been encouraging other people to do the same.

Basically, if all the Best Buys in the Bay Area sell out of the album in the first week, it's going to get the attention of their regional buyer, who will then order more (think 30 on hand rather than 2). The more copies that ship to stores, the better, since RIAA certifications (gold, platinum, etc.) are based on SHIPMENTS and not actual sales. So now, when it counts and when it's really cheap and affordable, everyone should go and buy as many copies of the album as they can afford to, since the band really needs the support now more than ever. I was looking at some of SoundScan's data and the difference between the #20 and #1 spot on a weekly chart is often 10x the volume... so in other words, if people are buying 5-10 copies of the album, there's a good chance of the band charting next week when the numbers come in. That would open all kinds of doors.

Besides, it's a solid fucking album and the industry needs to learn that fans WANT solid albums that have had heart and soul poured into them. Any success that Strata has would be good for Dredg, too, both in terms of the industry's perception of the style of music and also because Strata has always wanted to tour with and support Dredg in any way they can, and if Strata gets successful enough to start choosing their touring partners, you can believe that Dredg would be the first band they call.

Just my 2 cents.

Comment

I don't think you could've put it any better.... i'll plan on buying at least 2 since by budgets pretty tight right now.

Comment

Strata opening for Kill Hannah during their Spring 2007 tour, at the Living Room in Providence Rhode Island.Cocaine, off from Strata's new album, Strata Pres...

Comment

email from kaddisfly...

Hello Kaddisfly Fans,

We will be premiering our NEW music video for “Empire” on Monday July 23 exclusively on www.absolutepunk.net.  The video was directed by our good buddy Jeremy E. Jackson. Feel free to check out his other work at www.jeremyejackson.com.

In other news we have some cool fall tours coming together. So stay tuned.

maybe the tour with strata?

Comment

rumors are kaddisfly and 65daysofstatic

Strata's new album, Strata Presents: The End Of The World, is now streaming in ... national tour along with 65 Days Of Static and Kaddisfly on select dates. ...

Chorus.fm is a curated music destination for those looking for something outside of the mainstream. News, reviews, forums, articles, and commentary. Founded by Jason Tate.

Comment

I don't really see what warrants buying multiple copies of this cd or any cd rather.  I mean it's alright, but damn.  

meh

Comment

Working...
                                X