Announcement

Collapse

Software Upgrade

I upgraded the software to ensure it works with PHP 8+ and save me a few bucks each month. If you encounter any issues, please email me.
See more
See less

The Dear Hunter - ACT II:....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm really diggin these guys.  I love this board just for the fact that I've found so many bands I enjoy from everybody. Thanks!
    DeviantArt Facebook

Comment

3 days before the street date..we do finally have a leak

allmediareviewsblog

twitter

Comment

I'm enjoying this a great deal.  Now if Circa Survive will leak...
        DeviantArt Facebook

Comment

played it everyday this past week..a few times with the EP before it., I'm really loving it. The story is becoming a bit more clear to me too. I'd say it has just passed up House of Fools for debut record of the year.
          allmediareviewsblog

twitter

Comment

Something truly amazing is going to have to be released this year to knock this CD out of the top spot. I said that last year with mewithoutYou, and then Brand New hit and knocked it off.... so maybe something really great is coming later this year as well.
            Twitter | Facebook | Rate Your Music

Originally posted by TheRuleofThree
            Very well - you caught me in a rare mistake. I commend you for achieving this elite honor.

Comment

finally got around to listening to this yesterday . . . it's awesome, thanks guys!
              Originally posted by kata rokkar
              Supterfuckingultrawesomecoreasaurus

Comment

i just gotta bump this thread because more people need to check out this band & this record.

epic.

Comment

I can't agree more. It really speaks to the talent that is Casey Crescenzo.
                  allmediareviewsblog

twitter

Comment

Check this out; 9 upcoming releases involving Colors:

Casey:

Here is some info on the project, because it has come to my attention that some people are a bit confused.

This project will involve 9 records. I'm not calling them eps or lps or singles or whatever, because in the end, the length of the songs and the amount of tracks per record will be inspired by the color, and the research that has gone into that particular record.

Black and White are obviously not colors. But for the sake of the project, they are included as "bookends".

Black feels like a perfect leaping point for this project. It is a void. It is chaos. To take on a project like this and not represent the absence of color would be foolish.

White is equally important- as with light- it is pure, and complete- thus, it feels to be the perfect end.

The lyrical execution of the records will not be easy, and will obviously take a good amount of research both external, and internal.

They will be primarily available at our shows, and perhaps, a few small record stores here and there. There is no plan to advertise. There is no plan to tour in support. These are, at heart, to help us progress as songwriters and individuals. They will also be quite cheap to purchase- as the point is not to make money, but to inspire.

With relation to the Acts- they are still on track. The fact is we would release an act a month if we could, but when an idea like that makes its way through the leagues of business, it often is murdered somewhere along the way. So we bring you these in the meantime.

It may seem over-ambitious, or ridiculous, or like many other things, and that's fine. This is simply what we do. Our purpose is music. It isn't to get wasted on tour. It isn't to sleep in every day until 2pm and play a show, then return to a bed. No one has to listen, but anyone can. I can't promise these records to make sense to everyone. What I can promise is that they will be honest all encompassing interpretations of these colors and frequencies from our collective point of view- and that these records will contain many enjoyable moments- as well as discomforting moments.

That being said... I love you all.

November 21st in St.Paul should be interesting for me.
                    allmediareviewsblog

twitter

Comment

I haven't heard this record, but I imagine I should before the Circa tour.
                      Originally posted by Gnomad
                      I think we're forgetting one huge factor in all of this.

Super God.
                      Originally posted by auto-de-fe
                      do you think we can get a sticky for this thread so that i can constantly be reminded how much of a dick theruleofthree is?

Comment

that colors project should be interesting . . .

Originally posted by TheRuleofThree
                        I haven't heard this record, but I imagine I should before the Circa tour.
                        do it, i think you'll dig it!

Comment

Love this album. Really enjoying "The Oracles On The Delphi Express". It's a little strange, but it just has something about it.
                          http://www.facebook.com/iknockstuffdown

Originally posted by Knifeboy
                          seeing how i'm a pompous asshole, AND a rapist.. Do you really have to ask?

Comment

I'm hooked on this. I gave it a listen on my laborious train journey and it sped things up. The songs are quirky and make you want to shout out loud (SOL!) THIS SECTION IS AWESOME. It's such a good album, i've recommended it. And i rarely do that. Thanks for the recommendation.
                            (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Comment

some pretty upsetting news..

Chorus.fm is a curated music destination for those looking for something outside of the mainstream. News, reviews, forums, articles, and commentary. Founded by Jason Tate.

The last year has been an incredible experience with tremendous accomplishment for us as a band, but it has not been without conflict. We all have made many attempts to work through the personal issues that have led the three of us to the decision to leave The Dear Hunter. We cannot now go back in time and fix things before its too late. We are all proud of our contributions to The Dear Hunter, whether it was collaboration on Act II, or performing the music and discovering that there are great fans who share our enthusiasm for the vision and the music. After all, our decision has nothing to do with the music, touring, or performing, as we count ourselves among the band's biggest fans. We simply reached a crossroads in our personal relationships within The Dear Hunter. So, we three want to say thank you to fans of The Dear Hunter because your enthusiasm and support helped sustain us.
                              Love,
                              Luke Dent, Sam Dent, and Josh Rheault.

I was saddened when reading that last night, but I also wondered what it meant for the upcoming tour with CS/Ours

The Dear Hunter have suffered some lineup changes. Sixty percent of the band have taken off (Luke H Dent, Sammy Dent, Josh Rheault) and left Casey Crescenzo and Erick Serna to find replacements. For their upcoming tour with Circa Survive they will be replaced by Cliff Sarcona & Julio Tavarez ...

The Dear Hunter lose 60 percent of their members

Triple Crown Records

The Dear Hunter have suffered some lineup changes. Sixty percent of the band have taken off (Luke H Dent, Sammy Dent, Josh Rheault) and left Casey Crescenzo and Erick Serna to find replacements.

For their upcoming tour with Circa Survive they will be replaced by Cliff Sarcona & Julio Tavarez of As Tall As Lions, as well as Andy Wildrick formerly of The Junior Varsity.

The band is on tour in support of Act II: The Meaning of, And All Things Regarding Ms. Leading.

as a big fan of this band, this is *bitter-sweet* no pun intended. Loss of members=sad. Still on tour=good and a relief. Casey is still the mastermind, but it reminds me a bit of what's happened to some other bands I'm into like Pain of Salvation and Opeth.
                              allmediareviewsblog

twitter

Comment

Checkout this graphic art novel/project being made about TDH's story. Very cool! altho I hope it's kept for the most part in Casey's vision. But it'll be cool to follow along. Hopefully it's finished (the Dream Theater SCENES FROM A MEMORY manga one never was I recall). When I see TDH in concert in a few weeks I'll have to ask Casey about this.
                                allmediareviewsblog

twitter

Comment

Working...
                                X