Announcement

Collapse

Software Upgrade

I upgraded the software to ensure it works with PHP 8+ and save me a few bucks each month. If you encounter any issues, please email me.
See more
See less

The Dear Hunter - ACT II:....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Dear Hunter - ACT II:....

The album got pushed back to May 22nd. Checkout the artwork.

looking fwd to this!
    allmediareviewsblog

twitter

I just saw them.... and it has me so excited for this CD.... as does this.
    Twitter | Facebook | Rate Your Music

Originally posted by TheRuleofThree
    Very well - you caught me in a rare mistake. I commend you for achieving this elite honor.

Comment

yeah I'm seeing them tomorrow night. What exactly did they play?..mostly new stuff, or some of ACT I as well.

oh and if anyone hasn't heard them, the MS.LEADING DEMOS I found Oink a few weeks ago. Some of them are quite good. RED HANDS and DEAR MS. LEADING especially.

allmediareviewsblog

twitter

Comment

That I can recall, they played The Priest And The Pimp and The Inquiry of Ms Terri. Then the other 3 songs were new. They were going to play another old song (I think), but their set was running a bit long.

Very well - you caught me in a rare mistake. I commend you for achieving this elite honor.

Comment

What kind of music do they play.
          sigpic
          We'll fuck standing and we'll fuck then lying, if they had wings we'll fuck them flying, when they are dead and long forgotten we'll dig them up and fuck them rotten.
          Originally posted by auto-de-fe
          happy birthday, you bastard of bastards.

Comment

Kind of music?..BG, do you know The Receiving End Of Sirens?..I'd describe The Dear Hunter as music with elements of Barbershop, Electronic, Chamber Rock, and Post-Hardcore.

You can hear the whole debut EP here

so I take it their set will be like 45mins max..Saves the Day and Say Anything are playing along with 1 or 2 others. I hope they do 1878 or especially HIS HANDS MATCHED HIS TONGUE. But I dunno how easily live those can be done with the vocal harmonies. I like the end of THE PIMP AND THE PRIEST a lot.
            allmediareviewsblog

twitter

Comment

No. They had like 30 minutes. Meg & Dia was 30-45. STD and SA were both like an hour.

Added after 54 seconds:

Originally posted by BuddyGoodness
              What kind of music do they play.
              The lead singer used to be one of the guitarist/singers in TREOS. And they sound a lot like them. Check out the PV page and also the "this" link above. It has one of their new songs on it.

Comment

30mins?..man that'll be done quickly..reminds me of the Kaddisfly or FTM shows I saw. Were they atleast selling t-shirts?..I don't really know the other groups too well..how were they?
                allmediareviewsblog

twitter

Comment

Say Anything is awesome. Saves The Day is pretty good. Meg & Dia is eh.

And yes, they were selling 3 different shirts.

Comment

I just finished a review after getting back. Wrote it over on the dreamtheaterforums

not a whole lot to say different I guess from the live perspective. Most my expericne was chatting the band and their merch girl Cassie. But the three songs they did I didn't know I liked..kind of makes me even more excited to hear this record now. They did just do the 2 songs you mentioned above from the EP. Although the live versions..for one they didn't do the Brian May-like guitar solo that I love in THE PRIEST AND THE PIMP..however, they added like 3 or 4 repeats in the ending or "coda" I suppose.

As I wrote there..I watched some of Meg And Dia..the Blind Melon cover wasn't bad..and a bit of Saves the Day. I sampled all 3 bands last night and I don't think any of them are too much for me (atleast for now).

But the thing either Casey or someone else mentioned about a Kaddisfly tour would be sweet..I guess I dunno how K-Fly will fit it in their schedule unless it's in the fall but who knows. I'd just like to see both bands play much longer sets sometime. Hopefully that'll happen.
                    allmediareviewsblog

twitter

Comment

One of the songs they played here is up here. It's call The Church And The Dime

Comment

yeah they just put up another new track on ap
                        Chorus.fm is a curated music destination for those looking for something outside of the mainstream. News, reviews, forums, articles, and commentary. Founded by Jason Tate.

"The Procession"

allmediareviewsblog

twitter

Comment

Yup. So good.

Comment

yeah..I remember that track live..I'm really looking fwd to this record. Just surprised the whole thing hasn't leaked..only 2 weeks away.
                            allmediareviewsblog

twitter

Comment

you can hear a sampler EP http://www.megaupload.com/?d=09MIOJ20

1. The Church and the Dime
                              2. Dear Ms. Leading
                              3. The Procession
                              4. Red Hands

damn only 6 days..those 4 songs ARE REALLY GOOD!
                              allmediareviewsblog

twitter

Comment

Working...
                              X