Announcement

Collapse

Software Upgrade

I upgraded the software to ensure it works with PHP 8+ and save me a few bucks each month. If you encounter any issues, please email me.
See more
See less

so...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: so...

Originally posted by Agoo View Post
    Is the album going to be similar to those live instrumentals they did in the summer '09 or 2010 (I think that's when it was; Coachella?)? If so, I'm not too excited, but I'll give it a spin anyway.
    I think no one has any idea what this record will sound like. From what I understand, a lot of the writing occurred when they were done touring, and they didn't micromanage the production and evolution of this one like they've done with every other record they did.

From everything I DO know about this record, though, we might as well not be talking about a dredg release. This will be a very, very different album. For what it's worth, I think that's a great thing, but I'm also expecting more disappointment from the die-hards than excitement. But it's silly for me to guess, especially since I have not heard anything more than what everyone else has.
    Originally posted by Gnomad
    I think we're forgetting one huge factor in all of this.

Super God.
    Originally posted by auto-de-fe
    do you think we can get a sticky for this thread so that i can constantly be reminded how much of a dick theruleofthree is?

Comment

Can't wait for the new album!

I like that they don't reveal yet the details. Like in those old days when you discover the entire album on the release date

Comment

I wouldn't mind if the fun side of dredg came out more on the new record...like that "Here, kitty" thing and the "That was easy" thing that Drew put in their live shows a couple years back. I hear hints of their so-called "fun" side in "Long Days and Vague Clues", as well...
        [QUOTE=gtrplyr7;176776]I'll never stop looking for new music but I find the older I get, the less new music appeals to me and the more I end up going back to older stuff. I think everyone has that decade of music that they could really relate to. For me, it was the 90s...[/QUOTE]
        [QUOTE=Gnomad;176814]I don't look for new or old music. I kind of just let it find me. I prefer it that way. I don't feel like I'm forcing myself to like certain things. It's all about being in the right setting and mood when you first hear it.[/QUOTE]

Comment

Originally posted by vsd View Post
          I wouldn't mind if the fun side of dredg came out more on the new record...like that "Here, kitty" thing and the "That was easy" thing that Drew put in their live shows a couple years back. I hear hints of their so-called "fun" side in "Long Days and Vague Clues", as well...
          I think that we'll see more of that side of them on this release. They've always had a tongue-in-cheek side to their stuff that suggested they don't take themselves as seriously as lots of other people do. The very production process of this record suggests they're more focused on taking chances and trying something new than they are on sounding like dredg or "outdoing" any of their previous records (whatever that means).
          Originally posted by Gnomad
          I think we're forgetting one huge factor in all of this.

Super God.
          do you think we can get a sticky for this thread so that i can constantly be reminded how much of a dick theruleofthree is?

Comment

^ Awesome, that's good to hear :]
            [QUOTE=gtrplyr7;176776]I'll never stop looking for new music but I find the older I get, the less new music appeals to me and the more I end up going back to older stuff. I think everyone has that decade of music that they could really relate to. For me, it was the 90s...[/QUOTE]
            [QUOTE=Gnomad;176814]I don't look for new or old music. I kind of just let it find me. I prefer it that way. I don't feel like I'm forcing myself to like certain things. It's all about being in the right setting and mood when you first hear it.[/QUOTE]

Comment

Originally posted by TheRuleofThree View Post
              The record is definitely not titled "Fade to Orange."
              Best news I've heard in a long time. Horrible title.
              ---
              Maybe they'll finally call this one "Ars Likes Man Peen"
              Twitter | Facebook | Rate Your Music

Originally posted by TheRuleofThree
              Very well - you caught me in a rare mistake. I commend you for achieving this elite honor.

Comment

I really dig that design
                sigpic
                We'll fuck standing and we'll fuck then lying, if they had wings we'll fuck them flying, when they are dead and long forgotten we'll dig them up and fuck them rotten.
                happy birthday, you bastard of bastards.

Comment

Originally posted by efpdwd View Post
                  I like the current title on wikipedia: "Everyone on the Traversingboard.net website is a loser and should do something productive instead of arguing whether or not they prefer Fat Gavin to Skinny Gavin PT IV., April 26, 2011".
                  Holy shit, that is awesome.

Comment

Members

* Gavin Hayes - vocals, slide guitar, guitar
                    * Drew Roulette - bass, synthesizer
                    * Mark Engles - guitar, backing vocals
                    * Danny Carey - drums, piano, organ
                    yeah, ok.

Comment

Originally posted by SomeHomelessGuy View Post
                      yeah, ok.
                      where did you see that?
                      How many dredg fans does it take to change a lightbulb?

Seven. One to change it, five to complain that the old one was better, and one talk about Gavins weight.

-Gnomad

Comment

Originally posted by lotsofface View Post
                        where did you see that?
                        in his worst nightmare
                        <- This dog is smoking a pipe.

Your argument is invalid.

Comment

I'd cum.

I'd still be sad for Dino, but really. Buckets.
                          A vest has no sleeves.

Comment

Working...
                          X