Announcement

Collapse

Software Upgrade

I upgraded the software to ensure it works with PHP 8+ and save me a few bucks each month. If you encounter any issues, please email me.
See more
See less

Information Video Shoot and Details

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Information video shoot pictures.

Tanbark would have been a killer single, Ode too. Maybe even Matroshka as a final single from the album.
    I can see a washed out moon through the fog.

Comment

I would say teenage Females are your primary alternative-pop-rock radio listener. You hear these stations when you enter tanning salons, clothing stores, their cars, etc...

"Ode" imo would not grab a females attention at all, too hard to understand for them.

"Information" on the other hand I think would be a perfect single for them to grab the attention of this listener and grow rapidly. As much as I hate to see bands conform to this new audience, dredg has given me enough to be happy and move on to find another band that can fullfill my needs of genuine original art rock. I really do hope dredg gets to the masses, they deserve the financial success.

I also have faith that dredg can get popular and keep putting out great music unlike some other bands who just flop.... *cough* Incubus.

Comment

just wait till the 3rd single light switch hits.

Comment

Molitoth, I agree with the audience part of your post. That's why I think that was a great idea and I hope the video and single will have some airtime to give the guys enough exposure!
          I don't need to move on though. I just hope dredg can get more popular (as they really deserve that!) without compromising their art. So far, in my opinion, they are doing great job and I hope that this time it will work better for them. I don't see them get to the masses really as their music is not of that kind. But there are enough people that would love dredg if they manage to dear them. I've seen it many times with people I know/meet.

Light switch would be a great single too in my opinion as I LOVED it on the first listen. But considering how many negative reactions it receive in the board... On the other hand the main idea of the singles is to grow the fan base, i.e. to get to people that are not fans and turn them into once. Soooo, probably something different that SOME fans doesn't like would be easy for other people to discover dredg.

Anyway, I am happy to see Information as single and video and I am hopeful right now!
          Last edited by InfraredDream; April 28, 2009, 05:37 PM.
          Many friends yet still a loner...

Comment

InfraredDream,

Oh trust me, I wish I could enjoy dredg forever... but odds are my music taste will take a different direction then what the members of dredg's changes to over time. Right now I still enjoy them without a doubt, could that change 3 albums later? yes.

Comment

Well, I refuse to think what will happen with my and dredg's musical taste and directions after 3 albums. Not to mention if 3 albums equals 12 years
              I am thinking about today ("Only now remains...")

Comment

guess they just wrapped up the shoot of the second video...

Comment

Seems like that. Any idea which is that?
                  I am so glad they are making videos again! And I'm keeping my fingers crossed for enough airtime for them!

Comment

i'd have to guess it's for "I Don't Know"...
                    http://turntable.fm/traversing

BYOB

Comment

Originally posted by noclevername View Post
                      i'd have to guess it's for "I Don't Know"...
                      If you right, I'd be really happy! I like it very much, it is interesting and dynamic and should make a great single!
                      As I said, I think their promotion is great this time, I hope for some results for them!

Comment

Maybe place 206 on german amazon selling list for the ltd. edition is a sign of such a result?
                        The O.C. Project
                        http://lolo-extreme.myblog.de/
                        Right? hoeh'?

Comment

Originally posted by Biber View Post
                          Maybe place 206 on german amazon selling list for the ltd. edition is a sign of such a result?
                          Yes, that's promising. Where you follow this number?

Comment

i wonder how they had time to shoot a video and be on tour at the same time...

unless the video is comprised of live footage, which would be interesting to say the least

Comment

Yes, that's promising. Where you follow this number?
                              http://www.amazon.de/Pariah-Parrot-D...0863303&sr=8-1
                              Scroll down to 'Amazon.de Verkaufsrang': Now nr. 155
                              The O.C. Project
                              http://lolo-extreme.myblog.de/
                              Right? hoeh'?

Comment

Thanks, Biber!
                                And how that is calculated? By number of pre-orders or?

Comment

Working...
                                X