Announcement

Collapse

Software Upgrade

I upgraded the software to ensure it works with PHP 8+ and save me a few bucks each month. If you encounter any issues, please email me.
See more
See less

list of new songs...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: list of new songs...

Originally posted by evasivetear View Post
    DONNY, YOU'RE OUT OF YOUR ELEMENT
    mark it zero

Comment

Originally posted by dredgfan001 View Post
      I still think they got some cats in the bag.
      From pre-CWOA live shows, I think they played the songs they felt strongly about. You didn't hear Matroshka or Zebra Skin live. You heard Tanbark, Jamais Vu and Bug Eyes very early, all arguably in the better half of songs on the album.

The songs you've heard many times live for the newer album are probably the better songs of the album. I would be shocked if they saved something as awesome as Canyon or Yatahaze to have not played it live.
      I record dredg shows

Comment

based on the leaflets, they are definitely holding out on us. especially the wealth of instrumentals they've talked about. there are dozens of songs they haven't played live that you can hear clips of during the leaflets. i wouldn't be surprised if some of the songs they are playing now are ones they are questionable about and are trying to narrow down. they did that with CWA, playing 'the uplifting news channel' and 'stationary transient' a lot not long before release, then cutting them. and i just thought of another song we've heard (don't think anyone mentioned it). they called it 'gavin's song' i believe. it was also in a leaflet. sort of had a metal feel to it.

penguinintheroom added 1 Minutes and 53 Seconds later...

'canyon' was actually the last song recorded for el cielo. might not happen again, but they may have something up their sleeve.
        words always ebbing, never flowing

Comment

i've noticed in recent touring / set lists, it's not worth it has been almost completely missing...

being basically the first new song they played live (all the way back at the leitmotif show in 06), i wonder if they're thinking of cutting it?
          Originally posted by Lye In Your Eye
          you're pretty narcissistic
          enjoy that, nobody else does.
          Originally posted by Madklikor
          You call me ignorant? LOL...Stop judging right you or you're gonna find me

Comment

i've noticed in recent touring / set lists, it's not worth it has been almost completely missing...

being basically the first new song they played live (all the way back at the leitmotif show in 06), i wonder if they're thinking of cutting it?
            maybe they think it's not worth it.

Comment

HARDY HAR HAR.

actually....that was good

Comment

Originally posted by penguinintheroom View Post
                and i just thought of another song we've heard (don't think anyone mentioned it). they called it 'gavin's song' i believe. it was also in a leaflet. sort of had a metal feel to it.
                I named that song in my list of new songs as Gavin's Outro. It was very cool instrumental played live, and on leaflet we can hear Gavin singing on this one.
                I like the main riff in this song very much!

Hi-Fi added 5 Minutes and 22 Seconds later...

Dredg posted a year ago on their website in news section some words about the concept for the new album, and they wrote there some part of the lyrics from 'It's Not Worth It'.

So, maybe, this song have a chance to be on the album. I like this song .

Comment

These are titles that have been mentioned and maybe not yet heard.

"Hurricane Felix", "Pieces of Gold", "Fleeing to Mexico", "Long Days and Vague Clues", "2001", and "Fucking Smile Pt. 2."

Comment

No...I saw them monday and they played Its not worth it.

sooooooooo, pretty sure their not gonna can it.

unless they do.

Comment

you mean just like they didn't can running through propellers, stationary transient or uplifting news?

i'm not saying i want it 'canned' but...anything is possible at this point....playing it live / recording it doesn't mean it will be on the album.

but keep in mind, i'm just asking a question...i really have no idea what the fuck i'm talking about

Comment

There are at least 5 songs on the album...
                        I don't have the time it takes to recover from the day
                        I sit and moan and mope and groan and never have my say
                        A crown of thorns from which is born a little baby bird
                        To fly away and have its day is nothing but absurd

Comment

Originally posted by AnewKINDofFEELING View Post
                          There are at least 5 songs on the album...

i would say there are at least 12 on the album.

Comment

Originally posted by sangreal314 View Post
                            i would say there are at least 12 on the album.
                            Yeah, well I only know of 5 for sure. Ireland and Savior were the only ones I knew the names of. I guess I should have asked about the others.

Comment

Originally posted by AnewKINDofFEELING View Post
                              Yeah, well I only know of 5 for sure. Ireland and Savior were the only ones I knew the names of. I guess I should have asked about the others.
                              so you heard some of the album?

Comment

Originally posted by sangreal314 View Post
                                so you heard some of the album?
                                probably

Comment

Working...
                                X