Announcement

Collapse

Software Upgrade

I upgraded the software to ensure it works with PHP 8+ and save me a few bucks each month. If you encounter any issues, please email me.
See more
See less

incubus tour...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by evasivetear
    well i'm glad you ran this by us, as unknown to most, this message board actually books dredg's tour schedual.  we'll get right on talking to mr. boyd and convince him and his group of rag-tag musical misfits that this is a stellar (like their song) idea
    Dammit, the secret is out
    Twitter | Facebook | Rate Your Music

Originally posted by TheRuleofThree
    Very well - you caught me in a rare mistake. I commend you for achieving this elite honor.

Comment

Originally posted by Kyte30351
      That would suck 'cause then I'd have to go to an Incubus show, which is something I don't care to do ever again since they totally began to suck with ACLOTM.
      i think they sort of redeemed themselves with aclotm. morning view is where they fell off. but they're always good live.

Comment

Well....unless I'm mistaking...I thought dredg already toured with Incubus a few years back, and they didn't "break through" then, so what would make them "break through" now if they toured again?  I like Incubus and all, and I would definitely go to the show if it were both on the bill, but I don't see why they would repeat the past like that.

BTW...I think ACLOTM is their weakest album, however I still like it and listen to it sporadically.

FacebookTwitterdredg page

Comment

Originally posted by halcyon712
          Well....unless I'm mistaking...I thought dredg already toured with Incubus a few years back, and they didn't "break through" then, so what would make them "break through" now if they toured again?  I like Incubus and all, and I would definitely go to the show if it were both on the bill, but I don't see why they would repeat the past like that.

BTW...I think ACLOTM is their weakest album, however I still like it and listen to it sporadically.
          they haven't toured with incubus before.

Comment

i would rather dredg get a new album out and then do a tour with Mute Math...but maybe thats just me?

Comment

Originally posted by Richard
              i would rather dredg get a new album out and then do a tour with Mute Math...but maybe thats just me?
              that would be awesome too.

Comment

Originally posted by Richard
                Your cool for living in KC.

Actually, that may not be true. But at least you leave near awesome ol' me!
                Twitter | Facebook | Rate Your Music

Originally posted by TheRuleofThree
                Very well - you caught me in a rare mistake. I commend you for achieving this elite honor.

Comment

i think it would be a great idea to tour with incubus.  dredg doesn't sound like them, especially with their newest material, so there is no worry about them getting labeled "the band that sounds just like incubus."  even though i don't listen to them anymore, i do  think incubus is a good band.  each member is very talented, and they have managed to change their sound a couple of times and still maintain their integrity.  actually, i do not think there is a mainstream band that has more in common with dredg than incubus.  i would even venture to say that incubus does have a lot of "smart" fans with decent taste in music, relatively speaking of course.  

one mistake i think that was made is that when dredg was doing all of those big tours, catch without arms didn't even have a release date yet.  they opened up for hoobastank and got great reactions from the crowd, but it was a full 11 months later that catch without arms was finally released.  all of these people that suddenly became dredg fans  went home and downloaded songs from kazaa  that were probably instrumentals or songs they considered to be "drawn out" or "droney".   i know this because of all the initial reactions i've heard from people who like "alt rock" upon their first listen to el cielo or leitmotif.  think about it...these people heard bug eyes, tanbark,  and ode to the sun performed live.  then, they went home and downloaded a walk in the park, an elephant in the delta waves, traversing through the arctic cold we search for the spirit of yuta, and scissor lock.  either that, or they went to their local cd store and found zero dredg cds.  after that, the word dredg was quickly forgotten.  11 months later catch without arms comes out with little fanfare.  no push from interscope.  and it's not like all these one night fans could have had their minds refreshed by hearing bug eyes on their favorite radio station.  for whatever reason that just never happened.

this time around i hope the band doesn't do any shows until the album is in post production, and during this stage i think they should do a headlinging tour.  from there i would love to see them hitch on to an arena tour just as their new album is released.  this way new fans will have a chance to purchase exactly what they heard at the show instead of being confused when they buy an older album and think that they are listening to a completely different band.  i can think of three huge bands that i think would be career changing opportunities for dredg if they got the chance to open up for them.  incubus, red hot chili peppers, and *crosses fingers* RADIOHEAD!  radiohead and dredg would just be perfect in all senses of the word.  a fantastic dream indeed.  
                  Originally posted by vsd
                  ...and to be frank...i think...

Comment

That actually makes a lot of sense. I don't agree with the Incubus bit, but your theory on why Catch didn't... catch... is pretty sound.

Comment

If only some other big name acts could add dredg to their touring itinerary. I know the guys in RUSH really like them. They used 18 People Living in Harmony during the 30th Anniversary Tour pregig music. Hmmm, it seems Rush AND Dream Theater will be releasing CDs in 07. Hmmmmm... *Vampy begins to salivate*
                      Ora che ho perso la vista, ci vedo di piu

Comment

I don't really think dredg would fit in as an opener for Rush or Dream Theater..

Comment

Well I suppose it depends on the way you look at it. All 3 bands are known for pushing musical boundaries. It would definitely be a drummer's wet dream hehe.

Comment

i think a rush or dream theater tour could work for dredg.  there are always some middle-aged fans that show up to dredg's shows.  i know my mom was an easy sell, and she likes a lot of good classic rock, not so much dream theater and rush, however.  one very good thing about doing  shows with older crowds is that they BUY cds instead of download them.
                            Originally posted by vsd
                            ...and to be frank...i think...

Comment

Hey Frank, good point. Regardless of CD sales and downloading frequency, with live exposure with more established bands they could broaden their fanbase and hence build a stronger and stronger following as the years go by. I don't think Rush and Dream Theater break the 500,000 sales mark in the US, but their gigs (theaters and arenas) always sell out. So which is the greater measure of success?

Comment

Working...
                              X