Announcement

Collapse

Software Upgrade

I upgraded the software to ensure it works with PHP 8+ and save me a few bucks each month. If you encounter any issues, please email me.
See more
See less

Chuckles and Mr. Squeezy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sangreal314
    replied
    Re: Album Discussion: Chuckles and Mr. Squeezy

Originally posted by kata rokkar View Post
    The song is what I'd had hoped the record's direction was. Creepy lounge music and still fundamentally 'dredg'. However, that God awful chorus ruins it.
    i agree. i feel like if they were going for this style, this is the only song they got right. people keep harping on lyrics or choruses or whatever, but i think really, you don't have to have to be great at either of those things to make a great song. gavin has never been that great at lyrics. but he has made it work. he sings songs that i like. well he did, up until this album. this is the only song where it really works for me. it's not perfect either, i dislike how he says "and i'm comin home", but that's just a picky thing.

Leave a comment:

• kata rokkar
    replied

Originally posted by mmakara81 View Post
    HA! i don't get the 'tent' love on here. it's so repetitive
    The song is what I'd had hoped the record's direction was. Creepy lounge music and still fundamentally 'dredg'. However, that God awful chorus ruins it.

Leave a comment:

• Gnomad
    replied

Originally posted by SilentBob View Post
    How so?
    Do an internet search for Kalathat.

Leave a comment:

• penguinintheroom
    replied

Silentbob - Yes. I, too, have waited years for them to write a folk song. It's glorious.

Leave a comment:

• mmakara81
    replied

Originally posted by AnewKINDofFEELING View Post
    I'm really hoping the "watermark" is the chorus for The Tent and it will be removed from the actual album.
    HA! i don't get the 'tent' love on here. it's so repetitive

Leave a comment:

• SilentBob
    replied

How so?

Leave a comment:

• Gnomad
    replied

I enjoy the song quite a bit. But it makes me feel guilty for liking it.

Leave a comment:

• SilentBob
    replied

Anyone else completely fucking in love with Kalathat? Been waiting my whole life as a dredg fan for them to write a folk song haha

Leave a comment:

• radmir
    replied

^ this. like it.

Leave a comment:

• Jamis who?
    replied

I agree frank, Gavin sounds different on this one because he's singing on a lower key than his normal high tone

Leave a comment:

• Frank Nit
    replied

I thought this album had the fewest vocal treatments since Leitmotif.
    ---
    Actually, I still think that.

Leave a comment:

• Jamis who?
    replied

Originally posted by matroshka View Post
    you remember me, e.t.? u are a good guy... hugs :-)
    to me it sounds boring, sometimes cheesy and a bit like what we call "schlager" in german music. and i don`t like all the effects on gavin`s voice.

i love it when it rocks, this album doesn`t. :-(

That was my first impression on it too, but around the fifth or sixth time I listened to the record it really grew on me. Now I actually love the most mellow song on the album "Kalathat". I think this album will fit well in their catalog when it's all set and done.

Leave a comment:

• matroshka
    replied

you remember me, e.t.? u are a good guy... hugs :-)
    to me it sounds boring, sometimes cheesy and a bit like what we call "schlager" in german music. and i don`t like all the effects on gavin`s voice.

i love it when it rocks, this album doesn`t. :-(

Leave a comment:

• evasivetear
    replied

welcome back!

i don't think this would make very good restaurant music. i don't find it very relaxing at all. and it's definitely not 'special mood' music, rather it is pretty catchy and easily accessible.

It's not their best album....but it can't always be their best album...it's just an impossibility. I enjoy it for what it is 'new dredg music' and i think it's fun.

Leave a comment:

• matroshka
    replied

I had the chance to hear the complete album yesterday... I am very disappointed of what I`ve heard :-( This is no longer the kind of music I want to listen to when I`m in a special mood. The new songs fit as background music in a restaurant or whatever.
    I`ll give it a second chance sometime, but I`m afraid this album won`t find its place in my heart.
    I`m curious about your opinions.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X