Announcement

Collapse

Software Upgrade

I upgraded the software to ensure it works with PHP 8+ and save me a few bucks each month. If you encounter any issues, please email me.
See more
See less

Chuckles and Mr. Squeezy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• goo-goo
    replied
    Re: Album Discussion: Chuckles and Mr. Squeezy

Would love to hear a live version of the whole Chuckles album. The songs sounded a lot better in a live environment. The album versions don't do justice

Leave a comment:

• Kyte30351
    replied

Originally posted by AnewKINDofFEELING View Post
    I really have a hard time considering DTA a professional after this album. He really should be ashamed.
    I completely agree. Originally I was excited about this when I first heard he was producin' this album. Did not turn out how I had hoped though.

Originally posted by Sorry But Its Over View Post
    In terms of a band being around for 10 years without a dud, I think ...Rammstein...are all great examples of this.
    I must disagree. I've loved Rammstein since I first heard "Engel" on I think the Lost Highway soundtrack. But Reise, Reise and Rosenrot were not that great in my opinion. Some really strong material on each, but some duds too. Haven't listened to them in a long time though. Liebe Ist Fur Alle Da is fuckin' tits though! And I can't wait to see them fer the my kinda-sorta third time ever this April!
    Last edited by Kyte30351; March 22, 2012, 06:29 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Fawst
    replied

I can't comment on the production, cuz I don't have a fucking clue when it comes to that stuff. I know what I like when I hear it, and so far this hasn't slapped me in the face with anything offensive, really. I'm listening to The Tent right now and I think it's one of the sexiest fucking songs I've ever heard. There are so many layers and sounds to it that I love to hear. Of course, I'm also listening on shitty iPhone earbuds, and I'm 99% sure that I'm still listening to the leaked copy that came out (though I do own the CD). I have it here at work which is where I'm listening. I have yet to listen to this album on a good system or set of headphones. One of these days I'll get around to that.

At any rate, this is their weakest album. That's obvious. I still find things to enjoy on it, though. Hopefully they put out something more "classic" (not to bring up that old argument again) to wash the taste out for most. Then again, I think they just need to put out an album where they aren't being told to not put effort into it. Drilling down and getting the best possible sound that they can is necessary, as DTA has proven. So long as he's nowhere near it. And he won't be, I'm sure we can all bet on that.

Leave a comment:

• AnewKINDofFEELING
    replied

Originally posted by Kyte30351 View Post
    "Sun Goes Down" and "Where I'll End Up" are my two least favorites on this album. Everythin' else I enjoy to varyin' degrees. I think it started off strong, but around "Kalathat" the energy level just drops off.
    It's funny, I'm the exact opposite. The beginning of the album has better song-writing, but the production is downright terrible and makes for a bad listening experience. I understand that some don't like Where I'll End Up, but it is the only song on the album that is mixed worth a shit. Everything else is gainy as fuck and hard to listen to. I really have a hard time considering DTA a professional after this album. He really should be ashamed.

After all this time, my initial reaction was definitely justified. The album is just not good.

Leave a comment:

• Sorry But Its Over
    replied

Going back and listening to Chuckles, the only tracks I really do like are The Thought of Losing You, Another Tribe, and The Ornament.

In terms of a band being around for 10 years without a dud, I think Katatonia, Anathema, Rammstein, Opeth, and Thrice are all great examples of this. Also my favorite band Sybreed, but they've only released 3 LPs.

Leave a comment:

• Kyte30351
    replied

"Sun Goes Down" and "Where I'll End Up" are my two least favorites on this album. Everythin' else I enjoy to varyin' degrees. I think it started off strong, but around "Kalathat" the energy level just drops off.

Leave a comment:

• AnewKINDofFEELING
    replied

Originally posted by Fawst View Post
    Funny, The Tent is one of my favorites. Not the vocal edit, either.
    It's just a rhythmic mess. Parts of it sound like 14 year olds experimenting with time changes. It drags very badly. There is just no dynamics to it, which is probably a result of the poor mixing/mastering that washed all emotion out of most of the songs.

Leave a comment:

• Fawst
    replied

Funny, The Tent is one of my favorites. Not the vocal edit, either.

Leave a comment:

• AnewKINDofFEELING
    replied

Originally posted by Royalboy View Post
    after listening to the album for a year i guess these are the only songs that i can listen.

Another Tribe
    Upon Returning
    Down Without a Fight
    The Ornament
    TTLY
    Kalathat
    Where i'll end up.

Before it Began might be their worst song to date.
    For me, the only songs on the album that don't get skipped if they pop up on shuffle are:

Somebody is Laughing
    Down Without a Fight
    Kalathat
    Where I'll End Up

As for worst dredg song to date: The Tent (the chorus edit version is better, but still extremely weak)

Leave a comment:

• Royalboy
    replied

after listening to the album for a year i guess these are the only songs that i can listen.

Another Tribe
    Upon Returning
    Down Without a Fight
    The Ornament
    TTLY
    Kalathat
    Where i'll end up.

Before it Began might be their worst song to date.

Leave a comment:

• radmir
    replied

right now i'm looking at my playlist with Chuckles in it and i'm coming to a conclusion that The Tent and Down Without a Fight are the only songs i can listen to with clear consience. the rest is just... completely not in my music taste, to say the least.

oh well, one year after the release almost passed, one/two/three to go...

Leave a comment:

• Sittingsideways
    replied

Originally posted by Ars Sycro View Post
    There's filler on Frances The Mute too, but it's awesome.
    Hell yes, to this day. My favorite TMV album.

Leave a comment:

• Gnomad
    replied

Eh... PPD was awesome... I got kind of tired of it...

Leave a comment:

• Ars Sycro
    replied

There's filler on Frances The Mute too, but it's awesome.

Leave a comment:

• Gnomad
    replied

If you say so. There's a chunk of filler on Devil and God, though.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X