Announcement

Collapse

Software Upgrade

I upgraded the software to ensure it works with PHP 8+ and save me a few bucks each month. If you encounter any issues, please email me.
See more
See less

The Pariah, The Parrot, The Delusion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: the Pariah, the Parrot, the Delusion?

i REALLY like it

Comment

i have no doubt this is it. it falls right in line with how rohner's artwork looks and feels and is too painstakingly detailed and nuanced to be some random person's hack.

and yes, gavin said the album would be a letter to the 7 billionth human born.

i'm excited about it.
      words always ebbing, never flowing

Comment

Yeah, it's really awesome and I'm really excited for it.

Comment

This may be reaching, but isnt a Warbler a small bird?

And to the person that earlier referenced the poet Phylis McGinley, one of her most famous works was called Love Letters, which sort of fits the motif of the album cover. And in one of her poems she wrote: "even God Is said to be three separate Persons" (perhaps a Pariah, a Parrot, and a Delusion?). I don't know, i took the Phyllis idea and ran with it.
          Last edited by DWags; March 3, 2009, 07:56 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by DWags View Post
            This may be reaching, but isnt a Warbler a small bird?
            yep

Comment

I don't know guys.... this just isn't ________________ enough, you know?
              Originally posted by Gnomad
              I think we're forgetting one huge factor in all of this.

Super God.
              Originally posted by auto-de-fe
              do you think we can get a sticky for this thread so that i can constantly be reminded how much of a dick theruleofthree is?

Comment

Originally posted by TheRuleofThree View Post
                I don't know guys.... this just isn't sadomasochistic enough, you know?
                That's my vote.
                I don't have the time it takes to recover from the day
                I sit and moan and mope and groan and never have my say
                A crown of thorns from which is born a little baby bird
                To fly away and have its day is nothing but absurd

Comment

I feel like people have forgotten how cool all the stuff in the leaflets was, maybe because it was so spaced out? And yet they are dwelling on everything else that is LESS indicative of what will be on the album.

This playlist I put together should play all the leaflets back to back in order...takes maybe 20 minutes...give it a try?

Comment

have to say i love that artwork and hope it's the actual cd cover. whatever it is, i'm buying it in any and every form it comes in.

i just have one quick thought to share that has been crossing my mind lately. the parrot. what does a parrot do? it repeats things it doesn't understand. seems like it could be a reference to people who blindly follow their religion parroting concepts they haven't fully grasped.

also, what is a pariah? yes, erik, an outcast, but looking deeper it's also a member of a caste.
                    Castes are hereditary systems of occupation, endogamy, social culture, social class, and political power, the assignment of individuals to places in the social hierarchy is determined by social group and cultural heritage. Although India is often now associated with the word "caste", it was first used by the Portuguese to describe inherited class status in their own European society.
                    so my simplest explanation is a pariah comes along, shares some ideas, a bunch of people parrot these concepts, and thus the delusion is born.

-or-

i'm not a religious history buff, but wasn't jesus outcast by his fellow jews? he could be the pariah, his disciples could be the parrot, and christianity would be the delusion?

i doubt dredg would be that specific though.
                    Last edited by Frank Nit; March 3, 2009, 09:43 PM.
                    Originally posted by vsd
                    ...and to be frank...i think...

Comment

OMG, Dredg found GOD!

Comment

damn, I actually do not like this (supposed) cover at all. But I don't really care, as long as the music's good.
                        - -- --- ----

Comment

Don't know if this matters, but the new cover technically is the wrong proportions for a cd cover. Too wide.
                          DeviantArt Facebook

Comment

Originally posted by lmerr View Post
                            Don't know if this matters, but the new cover technically is the wrong proportions for a cd cover. Too wide.
                            hmmm, very good point. holy shit! what if they did different covers? fuck that would be soooo tight. I love when bands do that shit. P.O.S. did that with his last album sorta. just made vinyl and cd artwork slightly different. I ended up buying both. what if we're all wrong and right at the same time? didn't they did do more than one cover for El Cielo? ehhh, maybe I'm just stoned.
                            Last edited by dredgfan001; March 3, 2009, 11:11 PM.

Comment

Slide cover. That's what I had in mind when I saw it.

Comment

vinyl

Comment

Working...
                                X