Announcement

Collapse

Software Upgrade

I upgraded the software to ensure it works with PHP 8+ and save me a few bucks each month. If you encounter any issues, please email me.
See more
See less

The Pariah, The Parrot, The Delusion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Album Discussion: The Pariah, The Parrot, The Delusion

Is nobody in here disappointed? Really?

Comment

There have been a few here and there that were disappointed.
      Twitter | Facebook | Rate Your Music

Originally posted by TheRuleofThree
      Very well - you caught me in a rare mistake. I commend you for achieving this elite honor.

Comment

After listening to the album for about a week, I hated it quite a bit.

Finally, it makes sense to me now, and I find it to be an excellent record.

I still can't get into Quotes though. The transition in the middle that leads into "There's a way..." is so bizarre to me, but no one else agrees, so it's probably just me.
        - -- --- ----

Comment

Originally posted by Persei 8 View Post
          Is nobody in here disappointed? Really?

The only dissapointment I had at first was that "Ireland" was on here only b/c ive heard it so much but I like how it turned out...And that "Information" plays the same melody as in CWOA but I like how it turned out too...I think it woulda been cool for information to be the first song on the cd like a transition into cd's...

And when we get the album quality overall it should sound even better!!!
          play ketchup

Comment

I think you're talking about The Ornament. That's actually a different melody. They took the melody from Overheadnite and used that for Information. Though, I would definitely say that the mistake is easy. They're both on the Waterborne soundtrack and they are a little similar.

Comment

Originally posted by amitface View Post
              After listening to the album for about a week, I hated it quite a bit.

Finally, it makes sense to me now, and I find it to be an excellent record.

I still can't get into Quotes though. The transition in the middle that leads into "There's a way..." is so bizarre to me, but no one else agrees, so it's probably just me.
              i agree with you... one hundred percent. I've heard tons of people try and incorporate it into the song. Saying its the segue into being expanded... or whatever.

Personally i think the transition is simple... they had a verse, a chorus and a jam and they didnt necessarily know how to go into that "theres a way" jam and so they did what they did. I understand why they did it... just figure out a way to do it and learn to love it. But i dont like it... love the song tho
              Google "Nutsack" and see what kind of pictures come up

Comment

Originally posted by Gnomad View Post
                I think you're talking about The Ornament. That's actually a different melody. They took the melody from Overheadnite and used that for Information. Though, I would definitely say that the mistake is easy. They're both on the Waterborne soundtrack and they are a little similar.
                O yea...I duno why I was thinking The Ornament...good call Garth
                play ketchup

Comment

This is not my name. Who tells you this?

Comment

This is not my name. Who tells you this?
                    now it is, garth.

Comment

Originally posted by sangreal314 View Post
                      now it is, garth.

Good call, Wayne
                      play ketchup

Comment

I think he might have been talking about the bass. The bass in Information is the same as The Ornament, same with the piano/bass in Cartoon Showroom. 'Tis beautiful.

Also, all this talk about the transition in Quotes... That's probably my favorite part of the song, as it brings back my favorite song written by dredg: The Canyon Behind Her. If you listen it's almost exactly the same as the intro of The Canyon. Simply amazing, I almost lost it the first time I heard that.

Comment

Originally posted by InfernoNRX View Post
                          I think he might have been talking about the bass. The bass in Information is the same as The Ornament, same with the piano/bass in Cartoon Showroom. 'Tis beautiful.

Also, all this talk about the transition in Quotes... That's probably my favorite part of the song, as it brings back my favorite song written by dredg: The Canyon Behind Her. If you listen it's almost exactly the same as the intro of The Canyon. Simply amazing, I almost lost it the first time I heard that.
                          I'm not hearing the similarities in The Ornament and Information/Cartoon Showroom.
                          ---
                          I do hear the canyon/quotes similarity though
                          http://www.facebook.com/iknockstuffdown

Originally posted by Knifeboy
                          seeing how i'm a pompous asshole, AND a rapist.. Do you really have to ask?

Comment

http://www.jpc.de/jpcng/poprock/deta...D/hnum/5907150

So the german ltd. edition contains the track by track interview and the leaflets... nothing important...
                            The O.C. Project
                            http://lolo-extreme.myblog.de/
                            Right? hoeh'?

Comment

Originally posted by IKnockStuffDown View Post
                              I'm not hearing the similarities in The Ornament and Information/Cartoon Showroom.
                              ---
                              I do hear the canyon/quotes similarity though
                              Listen to the bass, it's exactly the same. Try the very beginnings of information and cartoon showroom, it's there.

Comment

They have the same rhythm. They aren't the same notes or melody.

Comment

Working...
                                X