Announcement

Collapse

Software Upgrade

I upgraded the software to ensure it works with PHP 8+ and save me a few bucks each month. If you encounter any issues, please email me.
See more
See less

B-sides, Rarities, Unreleased Material

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Awsskate81  

Thanks man

Comment

I hate to be a tool on my first posting in this forum, but . . . hell I'm sure you guys are used to it. There's three songs I need to find:

1. The version of "Of the Room" found on Industry Demos [2001]
      2. The version of "Redrawing the Island Map" on the same demo release (I actually have it, but it got corrupted somehow . . . )
      3. The version of "Catch Without Arms" on the Coquette Demos. I have all the other tracks from it.

Also, if anyone has the Conscious EP that'd be killer.

Here's the deal, though. I'm behind a university firewall, so AIM/filesharing sites don't work. I do, however, have Gmail, which can tolerate large emails. Feel free to email any files to me via the email link in my profile (not posting the email publicly because, well . . . I get enough spam as it is).

Thanks. It's great that you guys have all this available.
      ---
      So long, til the end . . .
      ---

Comment

Redrawing is in the rar at the first page of this thread, and Catch Without Arms was not on the Coquette demo. And there's no point in having the Of the Room from the 2001 demo as it is exactly the same as the one on the album.

Comment

Yup, I just got Redrawing, and there are posts on this thread that say Catch Without Arms IS in the demo and it's 7 tracks long. I currently have 6. Which information is correct?

The version of Of the Room does sound a bit different on the album version. I think it's just production, but I remember it sounding different. After 5+ years of dealing with Windows, that version I had is now gone. Just checking to see if anyone had it.

Something I'd like to add to my list of wants, though: "Ocean Song", the collaboration between Ontronik and Gavin Hayes. It's available here: http://www.ontronik.com/sounds/sounds.html but only streaming. I don't know how to record streaming sounds so . . . if anyone has a file, that'd be cool.
          ---
          ---

Comment

Comment

A little off-topic, but did anyone notice last week that the entry for Catch on wiki said that they were influenced by heroin on this album or something to that effect? That was pretty funny...

Comment

Ah, it seems the song that I was missing from Coquette is, in fact, Not That Simple. So as soon as that Coquette demo .rar link is working again, it shall be mine for the taking. :>

"Of the Room was rerecorded and released on dredg's second album El Cielo." - wikipedia.org

See? There are two different versions. I knew there were . . .
                ---
                ---

Comment

Zelb reminds me of the stuck-up butlers in movies....

May his stay be short.

Comment

Ok... dude, one is just lower quality... they're note for note the same fucking thing. What I'm trying to tell you is that not many people on this forum have it and pretty much no one will be in a hurry to get it to you...

Comment

Originally posted by Zelbinian
                      "Of the Room was rerecorded and released on dredg's second album El Cielo." - wikipedia.org

See? There are two different versions. I knew there were . . .
                      i own a copy of extended play in the eastern hemisphere with the '01 version of of the room on it, and i can tell you that the difference between these two versions is so miniscule that there is absolutely no reason to have both of them.  

if you really really want to give it a listen, just take your current mp3 of of the room and lower the bit rate to 56kbs.  viola!  2001 version
                      Originally posted by Lye In Your Eye
                      you're pretty narcissistic
                      enjoy that, nobody else does.
                      Originally posted by Madklikor
                      You call me ignorant? LOL...Stop judging right you or you're gonna find me

Comment

Originally posted by evasivetear
                        if you really really want to give it a listen, just take your current mp3 of of the room and lower the bit rate to 56kbs.  viola!  2001 version
                        Oh shit, Zelb got caught in the blades of your ROFLCOPTER!!!

Comment

LOLZA!

:P

Comment

Guys, thanks for the B-sides.  I almost cried tears.  Literal tears.

I will be enjoying very much very soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Sliver025
                              Guys, thanks for the B-sides.  I almost cried tears.  Literal tears.
                              Don't be sad. dredg doesn't suck THAT mcuh.

Comment

i need help

Sorry to bother yall i know i don't post much but i did a very dumb thing . I went and erased my studio copy of Uplifting News. Please if there is anyway I can get this, I would be in debt.

[email protected]

Comment

Working...
                                X