Announcement

Collapse

Software Upgrade

I upgraded the software to ensure it works with PHP 8+ and save me a few bucks each month. If you encounter any issues, please email me.
See more
See less

Coachella 2012

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coachella 2012

Re: Coachella 2012

how much will this do for The Dear Hunter? how much did it do for dredg , Fair to Midland, or Porcupine Tree?
    allmediareviewsblog

twitter

Comment

looks awesome...as always.
      Originally posted by vsd
      ...and to be frank...i think...

Comment

Not terribly familiar with a lot of names on there. I'm findin' that to be more often the case with festival lineups these days. Still, pretty damn cool gettin' some of these bands! Should be a good time fer all goin'.
        Originally posted by Gnomad
        How many dredg fans does it take to change a lightbulb?

Seven. One to change it, five to complain that the old one was better, and one talk about Gavins weight.

Comment

There's just too much on there that I either don't care about or I dislike to ever be interested in Coachella. But in all sincerity, I do wish those that go a great time.

Comment

I would go every year if I lived in the area, but I'd have to be completely blown away to ever travel out there for it, or any festival really.
            Twitter | Facebook | Rate Your Music

Originally posted by TheRuleofThree
            Very well - you caught me in a rare mistake. I commend you for achieving this elite honor.

Comment

Could easily find 5 or more bands on there for each day I'd love to see.
              and it's not like you'd be able to catch more than a few a day anyway

Shame I live across the great big sea

Comment

That's the other thing with festivals. I could justify the price for the number of bands, but unless they're all playing on the same stage, you're stuck way far away from the stage for almost everybody you want to see. It's why I stopped going to Warped Tour once the bands I liked moved to the main stages. When Good Charlotte and NOFX were playing the main stage, and Rise Against and Thursday were on the side stages, life was awesome.

Very well - you caught me in a rare mistake. I commend you for achieving this elite honor.

Comment

I would love to go if there was a relatively cheap way for me to get from NC to Cali, but the good news is a lot of the bands I would want to see (St. Vincent, M83, Neon Indian) I saw at more local festivals, and those were all indoor club-based deals.

Very interested in the possibility of going to SXSW this year though.

Comment

I've never been to one of these and would LOVE to go. I'm trying to figure out where to bring the wife and I on vacation this year. Coachella would be a pretty bad ass vacation but so would Jamaica.

...I guess I need to figure out how much it would cost for a couple people from the midwest to go check out coachella...
                    Originally posted by Ars Sycro
                    I have a type. I like hot bitches.

Comment

$285/ticket.

Comment

Originally posted by Ars Sycro View Post
                        $285/ticket.
                        Also consider you're not going to see all the bands you want, you're going to be hot (cuz it's in the fucking desert), you're going to smell (shower stations are few and far between), and pretty much everyone is going to annoy you if you aren't on drugs or drunk.

Other than that it's a good time!

Comment

On the other hand, if you're drunk or on drugs everyone seems like a holy beacon of shining awesomeness

Comment

I thought Coachella was your thing, Kata. Or are those just your complaints?

Comment

Festivals will always be more about the party than the music.
                              Originally posted by vsd
                              ...and to be frank...i think...

Comment

Working...
                              X