Announcement

Collapse

Software Upgrade

I upgraded the software to ensure it works with PHP 8+ and save me a few bucks each month. If you encounter any issues, please email me.
See more
See less

Facing New York

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wow, I think this spells the true end for this band. Matt is an insanely talented musician and will move on to bigger and better things. I remember when touring with them and they were losing rene their old keyboard player, and Brandon the bassist was talking about how it was a bummer but they'd be fine, they've just have to augment their music a little. That was also the tour they played mostly without Eric the lead singer. Remember Brandon mentioning how Matt could have recorded every part on the FNY record except they recorded most of that record live. ie, everyone in an isolation booth jamming through the songs. Just a few guitar overdubs and vocals were done after the fact. Anyways, hope the best for the guys. I gotta get back in touch with em and just where there lives are at. Maybe since their not up to much and I can steal Brando and bring him to the east coast to cook me tacos.

Comment

They're actually in the middle of recording their second album.  I guess Rene and Gavin Castleton and other friends are going to be helping them out with live shows for a while.

Comment

But, but, but I LOVE FNY!!! Don't let the magic die...
        Originally posted by Gnomad
        How many dredg fans does it take to change a lightbulb?

Seven. One to change it, five to complain that the old one was better, and one talk about Gavins weight.

Comment

New demo up on their Myspace.  I miss the backup vocals and guitar thickness, but good stuff still.

Comment

I'm not sure how I feel about this new tune yet. I'll refrain from judging it until I hear a full studio recording. But yeah, I do miss Matt in it already. Maybe they outta look into adding at least one more member...?

Seven. One to change it, five to complain that the old one was better, and one talk about Gavins weight.

Comment

Alla This sounds kinda like Wallpaper (Eric's side project).

Comment

Re: Facing New York

So apparently the big secret is that Matt got picked up by Taking Back Sunday.

What a shame...

Comment

Album cover released. Have my doubts about how this record will turn out as a 3-piece but I dig the art.
                  Attached Files

Comment

"Get Hot" is the name of the new album and it's released October 14th?
                    allmediareviewsblog

twitter

Comment

Yep.

Comment

Cops on Bikes! Stupidest lyrics ever, but it rocks, and the production is great.

FACING NEW YORK's profile including the latest music, albums, songs, music videos and more updates.

Comment

Dunno how I feel about the new tunes from these guys. Kinda like "Cops On Bikes" and "Alla This" has grown on me. But yeah, like noresolution I'm worried about them being a three-piece now. At least I got two stellar EPs and an amazing LP outta them!

Comment

Yeah I'm kinda suprised they picked that as the first single. They have some way better stuff coming out on this album, especially Desert and Gesture. They're going to put up another song every week until it comes out, looking forward to hearing more.

Comment

Second new track posted on their Myspace. I've gotta admit, I really miss Matt's backups on this song.

Comment

I'm listening..vox are better..but the songs have to be too.
                                allmediareviewsblog

twitter

Comment

Working...
                                X