Announcement

Collapse

Software Upgrade

I upgraded the software to ensure it works with PHP 8+ and save me a few bucks each month. If you encounter any issues, please email me.
See more
See less

Facing New York

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I dunno I guess the vocals have grown on me over the years. The singer used to be in a local punk band called Locale AM, and IMO his voice has gotten a lot better since then. I can see how the vocals could turn one off but he writes most of the music so I'll cut him some slack.

Locale played with dredg a few times. The show where I saw them together was mindblowing.

Comment

FNY just annonced a bunch of west coast tour dates and put up a new version of roman son on their label's myspace page. Check it out.

Five One, Inc.'s profile including the latest music, albums, songs, music videos and more updates.

Comment

yes . . . with kaddisfly for a while!! want to go, but probably won't get the night off from work . . . fucking work . . .
        Originally posted by kata rokkar
        Supterfuckingultrawesomecoreasaurus

Comment

quit. or take a sick day....the second probably being the better of the two choices
          Originally posted by Lye In Your Eye
          you're pretty narcissistic
          enjoy that, nobody else does.
          Originally posted by Madklikor
          You call me ignorant? LOL...Stop judging right you or you're gonna find me

Comment

i would love nothing more than to quit . . . damn san diego bar scene . . .
            Originally posted by kata rokkar
            Supterfuckingultrawesomecoreasaurus

Comment

They're headlining the Troubadour on thursday, I suggest all you socal people check em out.

Comment

I saw a couple of their singles and eps at Cheapo a few weeks ago. Rare?
                allmediareviewsblog

twitter

Comment

Kinda.  The split they did with Amity with Roman Son and the old version of Paper Shepherd is out of print I think.

Comment

Just wanted to chime in and express my love for FNY. I was lucky enough to see them on their quick run across the USA last fall. Can't wait for these guys to put out a new record!
                    Originally posted by Gnomad
                    How many dredg fans does it take to change a lightbulb?

Seven. One to change it, five to complain that the old one was better, and one talk about Gavins weight.

Comment

Absolute Punk Presents: FACING NEW YORK LIVE IN TOKYO, performing their song "Roman Son"

Older, but awesome live video.  Definitely the peak of their Mars Volta-ish period.

The end of this song is beautiful.

Comment

Facing New York is the fucking gnar. I've always loved these guys, and was thrilled when I saw their keyboardists last show at Slims. The drummer has got some serious chops.

Comment

drummerS, now.  Matt plays on half of their new songs.

Comment

"Messenger" is up on their myspace..not amazing, but possibly a step-up for me. Wiki says their new album drops this Spring. Anyone know more about that? noresolution?
                            allmediareviewsblog

twitter

Comment

I talked to Eric at their last show and apparently they're not hitting the studio until March so I'm thinking summer at the earliest.

They've had The Messenger up there for a while.  They recorded that when Rene was still in the band.  It was released as a single a while back and probably won't be on their new record.  The new stuff is really...gritty for lack of a better word.  It sounds like Radiohead on heroin.

Comment

So they're losing another member.  Matt Fazzi (guitar/keys/vox/drums) is leaving the band for reasons they don't want to talk about yet.  Kinda ruined my week.  I guess they're going to have a revolving lineup of people helping them out when they play live but the three original guys will write everything.  Kind of a classic prog move.  They're becoming the Facing New Yorchestra.

Comment

Working...
                                X