Announcement

Collapse

Software Upgrade

I upgraded the software to ensure it works with PHP 8+ and save me a few bucks each month. If you encounter any issues, please email me.
See more
See less

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: ................

ar23q3t
    Originally posted by Lye In Your Eye
    you're pretty narcissistic
    enjoy that, nobody else does.
    Originally posted by Madklikor
    You call me ignorant? LOL...Stop judging right you or you're gonna find me

Comment

is that a treasure hunt clue?

Comment

Originally posted by Trathena View Post
        Knifeboy, you're--like--the second person (besides myself) I've ever heard say they like Signs, and the other person is a Christian.

I loved Signs. However! I felt tricked at the end, and not in the good way. I had no spoilers for the film. I never saw the Christian "God knows all, sees all, influences all" message coming. For me, this creepy, well-written, well-acted move has a kind of proselytizing "God knows best" sappy ending.

But still, I enjoyed it. The ending didn't ruin it for me, but it didn't sit well with me either. Like I said, I felt kind of tricked. When I learned later that the director is a Christian it made more sense.

I loved Unbreakable and Sixth Sense too. Hell, I even enjoyed The Village. Found it creepy and very well-acted. And, once again, I didn't see the ending coming. So I enjoyed it. Supposedly, every single other person who saw this film, guessed the twist ending but me...

I loved Signs, and I'm a very apathetic christian...

Comment

Originally posted by cribble View Post
          On a lighter, changing note, i've recently overhauled the design at cribble.net. Take a peek inside.
          Cribble, you really do some awesome stuff. Great work man.
          Originally posted by Gnomad
          Semen and anger... definitely dredg fans.
          Originally posted by noclevername
          stretch marks are a big ol cosmic thumbs up.

Comment

Thanks. I'm going to be reskinning kata's blog soon. So look out for that.

And i'm doing some stuff for Brock aswell, though he's on a plane to sell carpet or something!
            (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Comment

On a lighter, changing note, i've recently overhauled the design at cribble.net. Take a peek inside.
              looks good, man!

can't wait to see kata's new site too!
              Originally posted by kata rokkar
              Supterfuckingultrawesomecoreasaurus

Comment

haha! I love "The Problem with Evening Meals." I love that you dance and sing while you cook.

Originally posted by Ventrio View Post
                I loved Signs, and I'm a very apathetic christian...
                I'm an apathetic atheist!

----------------
                Listening to: Ours - Use Me

Comment

Thanks

Oh, finally got a job interview for what seems like a decent job. Though I might have to put my degree on hold, or into part time... gah, only one more year left, or a great job... what to do with my life!
                  (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Comment

Working full-time, while trying to attend school part-time is horrid, but doable.

Just don't forget: you're going into this interview from a position of strength. If they say no, you still have school, so it's not the end of the world if you don't get the position. That should leave off a lot of stress and nerves.

Think of it this way: you're interviewing them. Are they worth leaving school for? Are they worth the hassle of full-time job/part-time school? Think 5-10 years down the line. What if administration changes and you hate your new boss? Would the job still be worth leaving school for?

If it is, then go for it. You're so young, you could always return to school later without setting yourself back. Hell, I didn't even start college until I was 25, and by then I knew what I wanted.

Comment

I'm seeing RETURN TO FOREVER tonight! \m/
                      allmediareviewsblog

twitter

Comment

Originally posted by Trathena View Post
                        Working full-time, while trying to attend school part-time is horrid, but doable.

Just don't forget: you're going into this interview from a position of strength. If they say no, you still have school, so it's not the end of the world if you don't get the position. That should leave off a lot of stress and nerves.

Think of it this way: you're interviewing them. Are they worth leaving school for? Are they worth the hassle of full-time job/part-time school? Think 5-10 years down the line. What if administration changes and you hate your new boss? Would the job still be worth leaving school for?

If it is, then go for it. You're so young, you could always return to school later without setting yourself back. Hell, I didn't even start college until I was 25, and by then I knew what I wanted.
                        Brilliant outlook on it. actually opened my eyes on how i should approach this interview. At the same time, i shouldn't get too assertive, there could be about 50 other web designers lined up, possibly more experienced and better than me... I do sorta want this job at the end of the day, they've worked for some pretty decent clients.
                        (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Comment

I'm considering going to the midnight showing of Get Smart... but then i'll only get like 5 or 6 hours of sleep...
                          Twitter | Facebook | Rate Your Music

Originally posted by TheRuleofThree
                          Very well - you caught me in a rare mistake. I commend you for achieving this elite honor.

Comment

Brilliant outlook on it. actually opened my eyes on how i should approach this interview. At the same time, i shouldn't get too assertive, there could be about 50 other web designers lined up, possibly more experienced and better than me... I do sorta want this job at the end of the day, they've worked for some pretty decent clients.
                            This is exactly how you should be thinking, Scott. Why you'd want it. Or why you might not want to leave school for it.

But always keep in mind that you'll be interviewing them as much as they'll be interviewing you.

Comment

Scott, are you having to travel for the interview? If so, are they paying for the travel and/or putting you up somewhere for the night?
                              Twitter | Facebook | Rate Your Music

Originally posted by TheRuleofThree
                              Very well - you caught me in a rare mistake. I commend you for achieving this elite honor.

Comment

preferably in a brothel? That would take the edge off.
                                sigpic
                                We'll fuck standing and we'll fuck then lying, if they had wings we'll fuck them flying, when they are dead and long forgotten we'll dig them up and fuck them rotten.
                                Originally posted by auto-de-fe
                                happy birthday, you bastard of bastards.

Comment

Working...
                                X