Announcement

Collapse

Software Upgrade

I upgraded the software to ensure it works with PHP 8+ and save me a few bucks each month. If you encounter any issues, please email me.
See more
See less

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don't know enough about Queens of the Stone Age to judge the two bands, but I will say that I'm the only person I know anymore who still likes Nirvana.  Hell, I can't even find anyone who was an adult in the early 90s to admit to liking them ever. At all.

I love Nirvana though. I love Nevermind. I love In Utero. I love the unplugged MTV concert. There's nothing to be done about it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Trathena
      I don't know enough about Queens of the Stone Age to judge the two bands, but I will say that I'm the only person I know anymore who still likes Nirvana.  Hell, I can't even find anyone who was an adult in the early 90s to admit to liking them ever. At all.

I love Nirvana though. I love Nevermind. I love In Utero. I love the unplugged MTV concert. There's nothing to be done about it.
      It's just the hype.

The same thing happened to The Strokes and every other hype-based band since the 70's.  However, I do still enjoy Nirvana AND The Strokes.  I have tons of Nirvana bootlegs and all of their official releases (CD's, DVD's, etc.).  I've even taken time to properly burn compilations of their b-sides in chronological order just to have something to do.

Comment

• Today I brought a pair of velcro shoes. I got fed up with laces, they're such bitches. You tie a knot, double knot, quadruple knot and they'll find a way of untying themselves. So fuck you laces, back to being 5 years old again. More on this... later...
        (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Comment

• Ooga, I have this.

If you'd like me to upload anything, just PM me.

Cribble, I have the same problem with my shoes. But it's only the one pair. Of course, it's the pair that I exercise in. Of course.

Comment

• I has Velcro underwear for make easy access.  Penis escape!

Comment

• I don't have anything against Nirvana, I just haven't had the desire to listen to any of their songs for the past 5 years.. Overexposure

Comment

• Originally posted by Trathena
                Ooga, I have this.

If you'd like me to upload anything, just PM me.
                Got it the day it came out.  It is good, but I remember noticing several differences between the bootleg versions and the "official" versions.

A few things I remember thinking as I listened through the set:

1. The intro to "Oh, The Guilt" is not as long as the bootleg versions.  I know it doesn't matter, but it stood out.

2.  "I Hate Myself and I Want to Die" isn't the studio version; it's actually a rehearsal version that is total crap compared to the studio version, which was officially released on The Beavis and Butt-Head Experience.

3. I believe Kurt considered "Spank Thru" to be the first Nirvana song, so it was a letdown to find that it was omitted from the final tracklisting.  However, the official studio version can be found on Sub Pop 200.

4. "You Know You're Right" should have been included for the fans who still haven't shelled out the money for that lame greatest hits (self-titled) release.

Ah, well.

Let me know if you want me to rip "Spank Thru".

Comment

• Originally posted by erikpemberton
                  I has Velcro underwear for make easy access.  Penis escape!
                  Detachable penis?

Speaking of which... who the hell made that song? It's been floating around on my hard drive for ages...
                  (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Comment

• King missile!

First hit when I searched for "detachable" on google.. Didn't even have to add the penis

Comment

• Originally posted by cribble
                      Originally posted by erikpemberton
                      I has Velcro underwear for make easy access.  Penis escape!
                      Detachable penis?

Speaking of which... who the hell made that song? It's been floating around on my hard drive for ages...
                      King Missile... though "Martin Scorcese" and "I'm Sorry" are just as funny and just as awesome (and from the same album).

This one' called Martin Scorsese
                      He makes the best fucking films
                      He makes the best fucking films
                      If I ever meet him I'm gonna grab his fuckin' neck and just shake him
                      And say thank you thank you for makin' such excellent fuckin' movies
                      Then I'd twist his nose all the way the fuck around
                      And the rip off one of his ears and throw it
                      Like a like a like a fuckin' frisbee
                      I wanna chew his fuckin' lips off and grab his head and suck out one of his
                      eyes and chew on it and spit it out in his face
                      And say thank you thank you for all of your fuckin' films
                      Then I'd pick him up by the hair swing him over my head a few times
                      And throw him across the room and kick all his fuckin' teeth in and then
                      stomp on his face 40 or 50 times
                      'cause he makes the best fucking films he makes the best fucking films
                      I've ever seen in my life
                      I fuckin love him
                      I fuckin love him
                      No I never was in Vietnam
                      I never once dove into an empty swimming pool
                      I never let the carpet walk right out from under me
                      I never painted a house or a tree
                      I never did become an exotic dancer or a customer service representative
                      I never took the pulse of a dying duck
                      Or gave mouth to mouth resuscitation to a horsefly
                      In a way I suppose you could say my experience is quite limited
                      For example,
                      I never locked Oliver Cromwell in a broom closet while singing Waltzing
                      Matilda
                      I never sawed a television in half
                      Although I once saw Wendy O'Williams saw a guitar
                      I never played a decent game of jacks
                      I never played poker with a toothless one eyed pirate who kept picking his
                      teeth with a bowie knife to distract me while his parrot looked over my
                      shoulder and told him what cards I had by using an elaborate code involving vomiting, chirping and sea shanties
                      I never bought a lamp
                      Wait I did buy a lamp once
                      But I never bought a lantern or a lambskin prophylactic
                      I never bought lima beans or lime pudding
                      I never bought a lion or a Lionel Richie album
                      I never bought anything beginning with the letter "L"
                      Except lollipops, lightbulbs and lettuce... and the lamp
                      I never laid down for a nap and found the Everly brotehrs in bed with me
                      I never let a cyborg take out the garbage
                      I'm sorry I stole the radio
                      I did it
                      I sawed the legs off the periodic table
                      I re-elected the President
                      I did it, it was my fault
                      I farted in the church
                      I'm sorry I did many many bad things
                      And I am so sorry

Comment

• Genius.

..goes to music store to buy CD's
                        (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Comment

• Originally posted by cribble
                          Genius.
                          Seconded. I'd like to hear something by this group.

YouTube!

Added after 11 minutes:

Originally posted by Ooga
                          Let me know if you want me to rip "Spank Thru".
                          Are you kidding? Yes, I would! Thank you! I'll repay the favor if I can, so check out my last.fm and ask for anything.

Comment

• So.... To anyone who lives in this area. Is Amoeba as awesome as it sounds? There's a few CDs I'm watching for and would love to scour a place like that for them.
                            Originally posted by Gnomad
                            Semen and anger... definitely dredg fans.
                            Originally posted by noclevername
                            stretch marks are a big ol cosmic thumbs up.

Comment

• O.A.R. might be coming near me. I've never heard of them (what's new?), so I listened to a few YouTube songs, and I enjoy "Hey Girl," but I could take or leave "Love and Memories."

Has anyone seen them live? Would you recommend them?

Comment

• Re: ................

I wonder if this new board will screw up and create new pages too early for this thread like the other one did.
                                Twitter | Facebook | Rate Your Music

Originally posted by TheRuleofThree
                                Very well - you caught me in a rare mistake. I commend you for achieving this elite honor.

Comment

Working...
                                X