Announcement

Collapse

Software Upgrade

I upgraded the software to ensure it works with PHP 8+ and save me a few bucks each month. If you encounter any issues, please email me.
See more
See less

-decide-

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• -decide-

[with emotion or with thought]
    which has worked out better for you
    tell me your story
    Last edited by Lye In Your Eye; October 14, 2008, 04:13 PM.
    Originally posted by Knifeboy
    1---2----34-5
    writing haikus
    1----2------3--4---5---6---7
    isnt just splitting up text un
    1--2--3-4-5
    necesarilly

Re: -decide-

What?
    (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Comment

discredited
      1---2----34-5
      writing haikus
      1--2--3-4-5
      necesarilly

Comment

i find that if i follow one over the other, my decisions usually end in ruins...

trying to decide on thought alone, has kept me from experiencing things that I think I probably should have, in retrospect....

following emotion alone has led me down some frustrating and overly emotional paths...with the end result usually being the polar opposite of the emotion i started out following...

specific stories need not mention here.
        Originally posted by Lye In Your Eye
        you're pretty narcissistic
        enjoy that, nobody else does.
        Originally posted by Madklikor
        You call me ignorant? LOL...Stop judging right you or you're gonna find me

Comment

BORING
          1---2----34-5
          writing haikus
          1--2--3-4-5
          necesarilly

Comment

ok then....here are a few examples...

1. using thought.

In 2003, I had the opportunity to see dredg play in worcester MA. It was a week night and I had to get up very early the next morning to go to my job (that summer I was painting houses...a huge mistake...further leading to this next huge mistake).

My friend had an extra ticket for me and everything.....I turned down the offer because, even though they were a favorite band of mine, I didn't want to have to deal with being overly tired the next day, yada yada....

i regret not seeing that show to this day....as not only did dredg put on an excellent performance (i've heard the recording) but it would have been the first time I would have seen them live....and i could have seen codeseven and strata with them too...now I'll never see codeseven, a current favorite of mine...and i've only seen strata once...which is not looking like i'll see them again either....

a lame story....but......fits the situation....

2. using emotion...

this past year....has been....very emotionally charged for me in various ways. what I will discuss here is that, a year ago...almost to today....the girl that I have loved the most in all of my life left me. That relationship, logically, never should have ever happened.....it was doomed to fail from before it even started....but we didn't care.....our hearts were in the same place then.....they might even still be now....from what i understand......but regardless, we didn't pay attention to logic.... we just went with it anyway and it ended to the great displeasure of us both..........and i've basically been rebuilding myself from that day on.....making some other poor decisions in the following year, purely based on the fact that i just didn't think about the out come of any of them......

i believe i'm beyond that now......i'm sure i'll make decisions that lean more towards one side than the other....but...i think i've found a happy medium of emotion and thought........

less boring? maybe not....but more typing at least
            Originally posted by Lye In Your Eye
            you're pretty narcissistic
            enjoy that, nobody else does.
            Originally posted by Madklikor
            You call me ignorant? LOL...Stop judging right you or you're gonna find me

Comment

with thought, definitely.
              sigpic
              We'll fuck standing and we'll fuck then lying, if they had wings we'll fuck them flying, when they are dead and long forgotten we'll dig them up and fuck them rotten.
              Originally posted by auto-de-fe
              happy birthday, you bastard of bastards.

Comment

It might not come as a surprise that I decide most things with emotion. That's hard to admit, but if I'm being honest, there it is.

I'm lucky in that I've not regretted most decisions I've made in life (from talking with other people this is rare and fortunate), so the "emotion" aspect of my decision-making and the way I live seems to be working for me. I've made mistakes, sure, but everybody does.

The few paths in life on which thought had guided me have been rewarding but always difficult: religion, my worldview, most of my political activities, and (to a lesser extent) my education and my marriage.

It would have been much easier to just ignore what I know and keep believing in God. It would have been much easier to ignore what I know and stay apolitical and ignorant. It would have been easier to remain uneducated and the above two sentences would have taken care of themselves.

It would have been easier to stay away from my spouse.

But, wow, the ultimate rewards are breathtakingly wonderful.

Comment

Originally posted by Trathena View Post
                  But, wow, the ultimate rewards are breathtakingly wonderful.
                  Ugh. That is awfully sappy.
                  sigpic
                  We'll fuck standing and we'll fuck then lying, if they had wings we'll fuck them flying, when they are dead and long forgotten we'll dig them up and fuck them rotten.
                  Originally posted by auto-de-fe
                  happy birthday, you bastard of bastards.

Comment

Sig time!

Comment

Originally posted by BuddyGoodness View Post
                      Ugh. That is awfully sappy.
                      Ha! I agree. The word "cloying" has a place here too.

Sorry about that.

Comment

Working...
                      X