Announcement

Collapse

Software Upgrade

I upgraded the software to ensure it works with PHP 8+ and save me a few bucks each month. If you encounter any issues, please email me.
See more
See less

Scratches on CDs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Scratches on CDs

Originally posted by Knifeboy View Post
    I'm way too lazy, and my cd collection is way too disorganized for me to bother with cd's anymore. It's faster for me, in this modern day and age, to go on to waffles.fm, and download the album i want to hear, than it is to dig through my cd collection and find the album and put it on my stereo
    I haven't reorganized my CDs in months... but when I do, it will be annoying. Right now, I have all of my CDs ripped onto an external drive I keep at work. Every few weeks, I sync it up to my computers at home. And almost all of my new CDs are sitting disorganized in my car. I almost always only use MP3s at home, but CDs are for the car.
    Twitter | Facebook | Rate Your Music

Originally posted by TheRuleofThree
    Very well - you caught me in a rare mistake. I commend you for achieving this elite honor.

Comment

I'm officially out of space on my CD shelves. And I have a ton of used ones that I need to test for scratches or smudges.

I need to go through and sell those that I'll probably never listen to anymore. Or make some mixed ones from the many CDs I have that have, say, four good songs and the rest crap.

But like you said, it will take time, an entire day, most likely.

I don't own an iPod or anything like that.

Comment

I need a waffles invite!!!

I'm only on What.... =(
        Originally posted by Gnomad
        I think we're forgetting one huge factor in all of this.

Super God.
        Originally posted by auto-de-fe
        do you think we can get a sticky for this thread so that i can constantly be reminded how much of a dick theruleofthree is?

Comment

Originally posted by TheRuleofThree View Post
          I need a waffles invite!!!

I'm only on What.... =(
          Same here. Is Waffles any different than What?
          http://www.facebook.com/iknockstuffdown

Originally posted by Knifeboy
          seeing how i'm a pompous asshole, AND a rapist.. Do you really have to ask?

Comment

different crowds I guess. Waffles invites are closed atm
            if I remember, I'll give note when they're open

Comment

Originally posted by Ars Sycro View Post
              I haven't reorganized my CDs in months... but when I do, it will be annoying. Right now, I have all of my CDs ripped onto an external drive I keep at work. Every few weeks, I sync it up to my computers at home. And almost all of my new CDs are sitting disorganized in my car. I almost always only use MP3s at home, but CDs are for the car.
              I do the exact opposite. I want to go through and Get high quality rips of my CDs on to an external, but I love having the hard copies so much that I use MP3s in the car. My worst nightmare is ending up like some of my friends and having some of my favorite CDs just stolen out of my car. Then the bitch of it is that, knowing the taste of most people in Boise, They would end up throwing most of them out because they couldn't get much for them without the full package and they would never listen to half my music. "Godspeed you Black Emperor?!? What is this gayness! Let's go listen to Drowning Pool and talk about how much of a fag this guy is. Hey want to jack me off?".
              Semen and anger... definitely dredg fans.
              Originally posted by noclevername
              stretch marks are a big ol cosmic thumbs up.

Comment

Originally posted by Starving Artist View Post
                "Godspeed you Black Emperor?!? What is this gayness! Let's go listen to Drowning Pool and talk about how much of a fag this guy is. Hey want to jack me off?".
                I did that once.

Comment

That makes sense if you were drinking.

But smoking? Nope.
                  I think we're forgetting one huge factor in all of this.

Super God.
                  do you think we can get a sticky for this thread so that i can constantly be reminded how much of a dick theruleofthree is?

Comment

Originally posted by TheRuleofThree View Post
                    That makes sense if you were drinking.

But smoking? Nope.
                    You're too chill... try to live a little!

Comment

"Godspeed you Black Emperor?!? What is this gayness! Let's go listen to Drowning Pool and talk about how much of a fag this guy is. Hey want to jack me off?".
                      OK, that is so funny it's almost poetic.

----------------
                      Listening to: Sigur Rós - Untitled 6

Comment

What is this gayness! Let's go listen to Drowning Pool and talk about how much of a fag this guy is. Hey want to jack me off?".
                        You had me at drowning pool
                        sigpic
                        We'll fuck standing and we'll fuck then lying, if they had wings we'll fuck them flying, when they are dead and long forgotten we'll dig them up and fuck them rotten.
                        happy birthday, you bastard of bastards.

Comment

I do the exact opposite. I want to go through and Get high quality rips of my CDs on to an external, but I love having the hard copies so much that I use MP3s in the car. My worst nightmare is ending up like some of my friends and having some of my favorite CDs just stolen out of my car. Then the bitch of it is that, knowing the taste of most people in Boise, They would end up throwing most of them out because they couldn't get much for them without the full package and they would never listen to half my music. "Godspeed you Black Emperor?!? What is this gayness! Let's go listen to Drowning Pool and talk about how much of a fag this guy is. Hey want to jack me off?".
                          Dude, I went through that with my CDs a while back. Shitheads stole something like 200 CDs out of my car. They may have found 6 that they had heard of. Then I get the job of trying to replace CDs that are basically impossible to find. There was a CD store near my house that sold used CDs without cases. Wouldn't you know that about 40 of my CDs ended up on sale for a dollar or two. I did get them to just give me back about 5 of them that had my initials on them. They argued about the rest, so I ended up leaving before I went postal.
                          I don't have the time it takes to recover from the day
                          I sit and moan and mope and groan and never have my say
                          A crown of thorns from which is born a little baby bird
                          To fly away and have its day is nothing but absurd

Comment

Yeah I know. I have yet to lose any CDs to theft but I have some that are impossible to replace just because of how I got them or how hard the disk or vinyl is to get. I have a copy of ( ) by Sigur Ros that some people I know bought in Iceland for me while they where on their honeymoon. Then I have some stuff like limited pressings and special editions of things that would be a bitch to replace. I'm planning on getting a safe as soon as it's possible to lock all my CDs and vinyl up in when I leave the house. Granted I can't take my albums with me when I die, but it'd like to know that my collection is in the hands of someone who appreciates it (i.e. ME!) until then.

Originally posted by Trathena View Post
                            OK, that is so funny it's almost poetic.
                            Thanks, Boise has plenty of people with a good set of musical and artistic variety, but we also have a mob of people who need to just get out of their hive-mind belief in following the scene crowd.
                            Semen and anger... definitely dredg fans.
                            Originally posted by noclevername
                            stretch marks are a big ol cosmic thumbs up.

Comment

Working...
                            X