Announcement

Collapse

Software Upgrade

I upgraded the software to ensure it works with PHP 8+ and save me a few bucks each month. If you encounter any issues, please email me.
See more
See less

Ashes dIVIDE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Ashes dIVIDE

i just saw them live without really knowing any of the music. there was only a couple hundred people there so it was cool to watch a professional up close. the music was ok, reminded me of APC and failure at times. didn't care for the vocals/lyrics much. billy howerdel is ugly.
    Originally posted by vsd
    ...and to be frank...i think...

Comment

Originally posted by BuddyGoodness View Post
      dio interview?
      It took me a few moments to understand why you wrote that. Hysterical. :-)

Comment

wait a second... maynard didnt sing on emotive at all?
        Google "Nutsack" and see what kind of pictures come up

Comment

saw em at a bar here in RENO....maybe 15 ppl max at the place.....private show once again......more people showed up to dredg at Stoney's last September...for those who know what im talkn about....

an Ashes divide/dredg tour needs to be in order

Comment

I was at the Reno show as well and it was probably the smallest crowd Ive seen them play to yet.

I definitely think a dredg/ASHES dIVIDE Tour wouldn't be a bad idea.

Maynard did sing on emotive but Billy sang on Freedom Of Choice, Whats So Funny 'Bout Peace Love and Understanding and People are People.

Also...Billy Howerdel is NOT ugly

Comment

I'd love a chance to see these guys live. That being said, I only like around 4 or 5 tracks on the album. "Enemies" in particularly strong. I'd just like to see Billy step outside of "The Cure" mold he's been pouring his energy into.
              Originally posted by Gnomad
              I think we're forgetting one huge factor in all of this.

Super God.
              Originally posted by auto-de-fe
              do you think we can get a sticky for this thread so that i can constantly be reminded how much of a dick theruleofthree is?

Comment

i wouldnt pay a years worth of clipped toenails to see them on the tour they are on right now. Fucken atrocious.

The music to me sounds like an extension of apc... but the thing is (and i dont want to start an apc debate that already has been drawn out many times) is that apc's music got more watered down and more watered down. And this is just as watered. Just boring. Verse, chorus, verse, chorus, breakdown, verse, chorus, outro.
                Google "Nutsack" and see what kind of pictures come up

Comment

Originally posted by Sittingsideways View Post
                  i wouldnt pay a years worth of clipped toenails to see them on the tour they are on right now. Fucken atrocious.

Are you talking about Project Revolution or the headlining tour they just did?

The headlining tour has been fucking incredible, the live show really is their strength in my opinion.

Comment

I hate it when I really enjoy something and then someone's whose opinion I respect says it sucks and explains why.

But there you go.

Comment

Originally posted by Sittingsideways View Post

The music to me sounds like an extension of apc... but the thing is (and i dont want to start an apc debate that already has been drawn out many times) is that apc's music got more watered down and more watered down. And this is just as watered. Just boring. Verse, chorus, verse, chorus, breakdown, verse, chorus, outro.
                      Isn't that the structure of most of "Mer de Noms," though? I understand your point but APC was never that progressive.
                      Originally posted by Gnomad
                      I think we're forgetting one huge factor in all of this.

Super God.
                      Originally posted by auto-de-fe
                      do you think we can get a sticky for this thread so that i can constantly be reminded how much of a dick theruleofthree is?

Comment

i forgot to mention that "break the chain" cover they played at the show i was at was definitely the highlight. partly because it's already an amazing song, but mostly because they completely turned it into a new song. billy should have written his own lyrics and it would be their best song.

by the way, their single sounds like mute math (especially the chorus), including the lyrics
                        Originally posted by vsd
                        ...and to be frank...i think...

Comment

Working...
                        X