Announcement

Collapse

Software Upgrade

I upgraded the software to ensure it works with PHP 8+ and save me a few bucks each month. If you encounter any issues, please email me.
See more
See less

Ashes dIVIDE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ashes dIVIDE

couldn't find the other thread...assume it's gone. here's the album at 160bitrate http://www.megaupload.com/?d=1177EV95 haven't listened to it yet myself...

password: luelinks
    Last edited by warofsound; April 5, 2008, 06:11 PM.
    Christ as fast

Re: Ashes dIVIDE

awesome man. been waiting for this.
    http://turntable.fm/traversing

BYOB

Comment

fuck yeah, thanks.
      sigpic
      We'll fuck standing and we'll fuck then lying, if they had wings we'll fuck them flying, when they are dead and long forgotten we'll dig them up and fuck them rotten.
      Originally posted by auto-de-fe
      happy birthday, you bastard of bastards.

Comment

thanks!
        Originally posted by kata rokkar
        Supterfuckingultrawesomecoreasaurus

Comment

Thanks War! I'll be sinking my teeth into this one as well, looking forward to this!!!

My Skydrive:https://cid-efc3e98cdde49c31.skydriv....com/home.aspx

Comment

Thanks.

Firstly, I can't stand the name; it's typical modern cheese. Secondly, I can't say I had high hopes for it, but I thought the end product would be different--closer to the previewed sound from several months ago. Roughly, it sounds like The Cure had an affair with Circa Survive and Brazil behind A Perfect Circles (Mer de Noms-era) back. I keep telling myself that it sounds good and that the problem is my lack of interest, but I'm not sure if that's true. The best I can say is that it's better than Puscifer.
            Last edited by Ooga; April 6, 2008, 01:51 AM.

Comment

np, guys...haven't gotten to listen all the way through. i hate to say it but it does sound like he's trying to sing like maynard. Doesn't matter, i can't really stand maynard anymore. I know he tried to do something different than APC but , and i can't believe i'm saying this, maybe he shouldn't have tried to avoid that sound. he had written a lot of the earlier stuff before working with maynard so really he was the music of apc. not really a fan of the lyrics either...i had really had high hopes for this too...need to listen to it more though. i agree its better than v is for pussy-fur
              Christ as fast

Comment

Originally posted by warofsound View Post
                np, guys...haven't gotten to listen all the way through. i hate to say it but it does sound like he's trying to sing like maynard. Doesn't matter, i can't really stand maynard anymore. I know he tried to do something different than APC but , and i can't believe i'm saying this, maybe he shouldn't have tried to avoid that sound. he had written a lot of the earlier stuff before working with maynard so really he was the music of apc. not really a fan of the lyrics either...i had really had high hopes for this too...need to listen to it more though. i agree its better than v is for pussy-fur

maybe maynard was trying to sing like him? because apc maynard singing was definitely different than tool maynard.

Comment

Nonsense.

Billy "sounded like Maynard" on Emotive as well, just not as much. His voice was deeper, but some people never caught on to the fact that Maynard didn't sing on all of Emotive.

But I highly doubt he's TRYING to do so.

Comment

this sounds like an even more mellow 30 seconds to mars....thats the vibe i get

Comment

Billy sang the original APC demos. Listen to the "Orestes" b-side on the "Judith" single... Ashes Divide ain't too far from that. Whiny, elitist, stuff-white-people-like panning may now cease.

Comment

Originally posted by erikpemberton View Post
                        Billy sang the original APC demos. Listen to the "Orestes" b-side on the "Judith" single... Ashes Divide ain't too far from that. Whiny, elitist, stuff-white-people-like panning may now cease.
                        I haven't heard that deep voice anywhere on Ashes...

Comment

still haven't listened to it but I didn't really have high hopes for it.
                          sigpic
                          We'll fuck standing and we'll fuck then lying, if they had wings we'll fuck them flying, when they are dead and long forgotten we'll dig them up and fuck them rotten.

Comment

Here's an interview by Billy Howerdel talking about the album.

Comment

dio interview?
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X