Announcement

Collapse

Software Upgrade

I upgraded the software to ensure it works with PHP 8+ and save me a few bucks each month. If you encounter any issues, please email me.
See more
See less

Fasting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, we are exposed to crap regardless whether it is from the food we eat, the air we breath, and the things we touch/absorb through the skin.  I know it makes sense to want to clean the crap out every once in a while but I wonder if the whole "detox" thing was created to play on people's fears of all the crap we put in our bodies.  I am a bit skeptical that drinking a bunch of sugary lemonade or some hollywood cleansing diet drink (which is full of shitty chemicals too, like sodium benzoate)  are going to accomplish this.  Our bodies are actually pretty good and getting rid of crap in our body and things it cannot get rid of like mercury, lead, formadehyde, etc, nothing else will get rid of it either.
    sigpic
    We'll fuck standing and we'll fuck then lying, if they had wings we'll fuck them flying, when they are dead and long forgotten we'll dig them up and fuck them rotten.
    Originally posted by auto-de-fe
    happy birthday, you bastard of bastards.

Comment

Did you actually read the site I posted?  It's not "sugary lemonade."
      Originally posted by Gnomad
      I think we're forgetting one huge factor in all of this.

Super God.
      do you think we can get a sticky for this thread so that i can constantly be reminded how much of a dick theruleofthree is?

Comment

no I didn't I just read lemonade diet.
        sigpic
        We'll fuck standing and we'll fuck then lying, if they had wings we'll fuck them flying, when they are dead and long forgotten we'll dig them up and fuck them rotten.
        happy birthday, you bastard of bastards.

Comment

Ok.  Well the actual fast consists of drinking only a mixture of water, lemon juice, grade B organic maple syrup and cayenne pepper.  It contains essential vitamins and minerals so that you aren't depriving your body of necessary energy but ensures that what you're putting in your body is ONLY essential.  Because no solid food is taken, you drink laxative tea every night and lukewarm sea water in the morning to help your body expel everything thats left in your system.  Doing this for at least ten days ensures that your body gets a chance to clean out everything thats built up over time.

So again, this isn't particularly something that says "just drink lemonade for ten days."  It only works in conjunction with the tea and top-down enema and essentially makes sure that your body has what it needs so that you're not low on energy.  Kile told me that it was kind of hard but that he noticed a huge difference and plans on doing it again.  I did some research on it and apparently this particular fast has been around since 1941, so its not exactly a trendy flash in the pan or anything.

Super God.
          do you think we can get a sticky for this thread so that i can constantly be reminded how much of a dick theruleofthree is?

Comment

Surely this is something you do when you're reaching middle-age? You know, flush the system of crap etc... i can't imagine there being much to replenish at my age.
            (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Comment

Originally posted by TheRuleofThree
              Originally posted by BuddyGoodness
              My chemistry teacher said he found this helpful:

I am curious though, isn't daily exercise and a vegetarian diet enough to make you feel good, why are you concerned about "detoxifying" your body?
              Because this has been a recent change in my life, as in the past three months.  And because I still have some unhealthy habits that are hard to break, including stupid shit like fast food french fries and sodas.  A liquid detox such as the one I'm hoping to do helps in flushing your system of a lot of the toxins that come in such stuff and helping your body rid itself of the effects and cravings of that particular chemical.  It's something that is only recommended once a year or so and I've never done it before, and I'm in a phase of my life right now where I'm actively trying to lead a much cleaner lifestyle than what I've done before.
              are you still going to smoke?
              Time you enjoy wasting, was not wasted.

Comment

As of today, no.  I'm quitting for a while, at least until well after I do this fast and even then much less frequently.  As the baby gets older it just makes less sense!

Super God.

Comment

Working...
                X