Announcement

Collapse

Software Upgrade

I upgraded the software to ensure it works with PHP 8+ and save me a few bucks each month. If you encounter any issues, please email me.
See more
See less

Fasting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fasting

Has anyone here ever done a fast, particularly the "lemonade diet" fast?  I was talking to Kile from Kaddisfly last week and he recommended it to me.  He said that it was hard but when it was over he felt so much cleaner and energetic and is planning on doing it again.  I've done some research into it and am going to get the book that goes with it (recommended) but you can also see some info here:

In depth information and supplies from the author of the recent book on the Master Cleanse

I just wanted to see if anybody had personal stories or experiences.  I'll probably do this near the beginning of April.  
    Originally posted by Gnomad
    I think we're forgetting one huge factor in all of this.

Super God.
    Originally posted by auto-de-fe
    do you think we can get a sticky for this thread so that i can constantly be reminded how much of a dick theruleofthree is?

Fasting? Sounds like a religious activity in sacrifice for some... THING!

Yes, i have fasted before (i was meant to video log it, the whole thing, and get stats from doctors before, mid and after... but it didn't happen, sorry). I fasted meat and other animal made products for a month. Yeah, veganism some call it. But for me, it was a fast. I found i was bored of eating by the end of the month, but i also lost a dangerous amount of weight. I'm already skinny as it is, but i had to come off the diet 10 days prior to the end of the fast.

I found i lost a lot of energy, i wasn't as enthusiastic as i normally was, creativity was gone, i was in bad moods alot, i couldn't focus properly. Though, as a bonus, i found i could wake up easily in the mornings, went to sleep at normal times, had that "healthy" feeling (well for a week before the above).

I wouldn't fast meat or animal products again. It's too hard. And it ruined a meal out once, which i shan't forget either.

Added after 3 minutes:

Oh my advice... unless you NEED to diet, or fast, maybe some religious thing... i don't recommend doing it.
    (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Comment

Did you not add in extra-protein to make up for the loss of meat? That's what tofu is for.
      Twitter | Facebook | Rate Your Music

Originally posted by TheRuleofThree
      Very well - you caught me in a rare mistake. I commend you for achieving this elite honor.

Comment

Actually I stopped eating meat completely about two months ago and I'm slowly weaning off animal products.  I'm hoping to be full vegan by the end of the year.

I imagine that you probably didn't make the switch the right way, and what you did technically isn't a fast.  It's just veganism.  And yes, the first two weeks are hard to go through because you have to learn how to restructure your diet.  But afterwards it's fantastic.  I've personally lost 10 pounds over the past two months and have had loads of extra energy and that's been just from cutting out all meat (fish included) and only eating dairy thats used in cooking (not drinking any milk directly).

The reason behind the fast isn't religious or spiritual as much as medically necessary.  After all the reading I've done recently I've realized how much bullshit is in most of what I feed myself and how much I'm poisoning my system.  A complete detox is exactly what I need.

Super God.
        do you think we can get a sticky for this thread so that i can constantly be reminded how much of a dick theruleofthree is?

Comment

lots of bad chemicals in all foods, not just meat.  I fasted for a week once just to see if I could do it.  Only thing I had was 8 oz of skim milk a day just to make my stomach stop hurting.  When I finally could eat a again all I could eat for the first day was like 2 breadsticks.  Fasting is bad for you though it will force your body to consume your muscles for energy.  If you want to detox just take a few days and eat 2-3 times the recommended amount of fiber and drink like 2 gallons of water per day and do about an hour or two of excercise, doesn't matter what kind just make sure you sweat a lot, maybe spend some time in the sauna.  If you are worried about other shit like free radicals start taking a bunch of antioxidants.
          sigpic
          We'll fuck standing and we'll fuck then lying, if they had wings we'll fuck them flying, when they are dead and long forgotten we'll dig them up and fuck them rotten.
          happy birthday, you bastard of bastards.

Comment

I've seen these purely liquid detox things... i might give that a try when i'm due one. Though i think its an age/how much crap you eat thing really...

and yeah, i did veganism. And i did it too fast, and didn't replace protein (actually, i didn't know how) until the 2nd week. Woops
            (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Comment

I'm jewish..yeah I know about not eating for 24 hours on Yom Kippur and not eating any bread or leavened products for a week for Pesach every year.
              allmediareviewsblog

twitter

Comment

Originally posted by BuddyGoodness
                lots of bad chemicals in all foods, not just meat.  I fasted for a week once just to see if I could do it.  Only thing I had was 8 oz of skim milk a day just to make my stomach stop hurting.  When I finally could eat a again all I could eat for the first day was like 2 breadsticks.  Fasting is bad for you though it will force your body to consume your muscles for energy.  If you want to detox just take a few days and eat 2-3 times the recommended amount of fiber and drink like 2 gallons of water per day and do about an hour or two of excercise, doesn't matter what kind just make sure you sweat a lot, maybe spend some time in the sauna.  If you are worried about other shit like free radicals start taking a bunch of antioxidants.
                Fasting like THAT is bad for you.  Milk is very high in fat and many people are misled into thinking that it is some sort of substitute for nutrients.  Depriving your body of necessary micro and macro nutrients is bad for you, but fasting in a way that provides your body with the necessary things that you need while cleansing your system like in the "master cleanse" is beneficial in a lot of ways.  I do exercise already and we go through water in the house like we do oxygen.

Again, I'm not trying to say that anyone else is wrong for not fasting or anything like that.  I'm just asking if anyone here has done it according to a specific plan that worked for them.

Super God.

Comment

My chemistry teacher said he found this helpful:

I am curious though, isn't daily exercise and a vegetarian diet enough to make you feel good, why are you concerned about "detoxifying" your body?
                  sigpic
                  We'll fuck standing and we'll fuck then lying, if they had wings we'll fuck them flying, when they are dead and long forgotten we'll dig them up and fuck them rotten.
                  happy birthday, you bastard of bastards.

Comment

i like eating.
                    Google "Nutsack" and see what kind of pictures come up

Comment

Originally posted by BuddyGoodness
                      My chemistry teacher said he found this helpful:

I am curious though, isn't daily exercise and a vegetarian diet enough to make you feel good, why are you concerned about "detoxifying" your body?
                      Because this has been a recent change in my life, as in the past three months.  And because I still have some unhealthy habits that are hard to break, including stupid shit like fast food french fries and sodas.  A liquid detox such as the one I'm hoping to do helps in flushing your system of a lot of the toxins that come in such stuff and helping your body rid itself of the effects and cravings of that particular chemical.  It's something that is only recommended once a year or so and I've never done it before, and I'm in a phase of my life right now where I'm actively trying to lead a much cleaner lifestyle than what I've done before.

Super God.

Comment

I did that 48-hour "Hollywood" diet thing once just to see if it made a difference.  I was cranky as fuck for 2 days and the only thing I lost was the water I was retaining.  Not enough of a change to make it worth doing again, but I did notice I felt a little better afterwards.  Probably just a placebo effect.

Comment

Originally posted by Sittingsideways
                          i like eating.

Comment

Originally posted by Sittingsideways
                            i like eating.
                            +23
                            (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Comment

I -love- eating

Comment

Working...