Announcement

Collapse

Software Upgrade

I upgraded the software to ensure it works with PHP 8+ and save me a few bucks each month. If you encounter any issues, please email me.
See more
See less

Recommended Horror Films

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recommended Horror Films

Now that Halloween is approaching, I rent and buy horror movies like they're becoming extinct. This weekend it's Night of the Hunter, Red Eye, and the original Nightmare on Elm Street.

Anyone else have any favorite horror films they'd like to share?

The Ring was the first movie to literally frighten me in a long, long time.

Great idea for a thread!

Comment

movies are not scary anymore. some are freaky or fucked up or sick or gory, but nothing is scary.

Comment

Originally posted by sangreal314
        movies are not scary anymore. some are freaky or fucked up or sick or gory, but nothing is scary.
        Ding! This thread's done.

Comment

No one ever said they had to be scary, just be horror films.

My favorite's are Halloween, Idle Hands, 28 Days Later/28 Weeks Later, Dawn of the Dead, Shaun of the Dead, and pretty much every Nightmare on Elm Street movie.
          http://www.facebook.com/iknockstuffdown

Originally posted by Knifeboy
          seeing how i'm a pompous asshole, AND a rapist.. Do you really have to ask?

Comment

i just watched the new halloween. it was way better than i expected. its not scary in the normal sense of the genre, its just filled with a lot of fucked up moments. that kid had a fucked up life.  it stuck with me for a couple of days, and my gf actually had trouble sleeping that night. its not on dvd yet but im sure most of the people here know how to get around that.

oh, and i watched wrong turn 2....lol. its cheesy, dripping with cliches that you want to see die, and has plenty of gore. plus henry rollins. thats either a plus or a negative.  i recommend watching it while engaging in your preferred form of substance abuse.

and of course Evil Dead/Army of Darkness ftw.

other than that, i totally agree with sangreal.
            http://turntable.fm/traversing

BYOB

Comment

All the real scary moves are documentaries about the state of the nation.

But The Ring?  Fun scary.

Comment

Stanley Kubrick's THE SHINING
                HALLOWEEN 1 and 2
                DRESSED TO KILL
                allmediareviewsblog

twitter

Comment

the latest movie that was genuinely scary for me was Session 9.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by IKnockStuffDown
                      No one ever said they had to be scary, just be horror films.

My favorite's are Halloween, Idle Hands, 28 Days Later/28 Weeks Later, Dawn of the Dead, Shaun of the Dead, and pretty much every Nightmare on Elm Street movie.
                      the new halloween is good. i like the saw movies. the grudge was as close to being scared as i have been in years, that shit is creepy.

Comment

I am surprised that a few classics have been overlooked:

Texas Chainsaw Massacre
                        Hellraiser 1 and 2
                        Night of the Living Dead (original)
                        The Amityville Horror (original)

For newer movies, I love House of 1000 Corpses and The Devil's Rejects.

Comment

Originally posted by dta9316
                          I am surprised that a few classics have been overlooked:

Texas Chainsaw Massacre
                          I didn't find this scary as much as grisly and disturbing.

Hellraiser 1 and 2
                          I never even got through Hellraiser I because of the appalling violence.  That's how much of a pussy I am.

Night of the Living Dead (original)
                          Good!  But not scary.  Return of the Living Dead is good too.

The Amityville Horror (original)
                          I found this to be more funny than scary, and not even very good entertainment.  The acting was terrible.

I found scenes in 28 Days Later to be pretty darn creepy.  I think that my problem is that I'm so desensitized.  It takes a LOT to legitimately scare me anymore.  You know what's scared me most in the past?  TV shows like the X-Files or movies that aren't considered part of the horror genre, like Jaws.

Comment

You really don't sound all that desensitized to me
                            Seeing as how you found Hellraiser scary.. A lot of my friends are completely desensitized by stuff like that...
                            Which I think is a shame.. I love getting scared!...
                            Lucky for me, I'm a pussy, and get scared almost as easily as back when I was 6

Comment

and this is just a snipet of whats to come ::cue dramatic music::

Excerpts from an offbeat '70s horror feature, proving how even a demon-possessed poster bed with heartburn can make a horror movie debut.Those choosing to li...

muahahahaha happy hollows eve!

Comment

Working...
                              X