Announcement

Collapse

Software Upgrade

I upgraded the software to ensure it works with PHP 8+ and save me a few bucks each month. If you encounter any issues, please email me.
See more
See less

Lost Ocean

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And I'm mildly religious, that doesn't mean I shy away from satanic, atheistic, or agnostic music

Why's there no buddhist bands that I know of?

Comment

I don't mind whether it's 'In Your Face' Christianity or 'In Your Face' Satanism' - as long as it's got artistic merit, then that's fine by me.
      I started listen to Christian stuff getting on for 30 years ago now- a band called Petra it was that I first heard and they were as good as anything else I'd heard back then. What did annoy me a lot was when the Christian labels decided that they had to have 'a Christian version of...<insert band name here>' .  For instance- Whitecross were just a carbon copy of RATT, then there was a Def Leppard clone, a Bon Jovi clone, an Oasis clone..etc..etc..

While that still happens to a degree, it's not a prevalent and a lot of Christian artists seem to be paying more effort to their art. That's why I like bands like Lost Ocean, Edison Glass, Copeland, Hundred Year Storm and, in for when I'm in a more 'Metal Mood' Demon Hunter, Red or Pillar- they aren't relying on the 'God' thing they are being very creative.

Don't know about 'Buddha Rock' but there is an Asian music channel on satellite here in Europe that has loads of Asian rock and metal bands on -some are appaling, but I've heard some decent ones!!!

Comment

I listend to a few tunes...sounds enjoyable

Comment

Originally posted by Knifeboy
          There are but just listening to a bunch of monks harmonizing to access their chakra gets a little boring.
          sigpic
          We'll fuck standing and we'll fuck then lying, if they had wings we'll fuck them flying, when they are dead and long forgotten we'll dig them up and fuck them rotten.
          Originally posted by auto-de-fe
          happy birthday, you bastard of bastards.

Comment

Originally posted by BuddyGoodness
            Originally posted by Knifeboy
            There are but just listening to a bunch of monks harmonizing to access their chakra gets a little boring.
            LMAO

Comment

Working...
            X