Announcement

Collapse

Software Upgrade

I upgraded the software to ensure it works with PHP 8+ and save me a few bucks each month. If you encounter any issues, please email me.
See more
See less

Lost Ocean

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lost Ocean

Came across their debut album- never heard of them before bt the commments looked favourable- especially when someone mentioned they thought they sound a bit like Dredg!! It's also on the Credential label which is home to the brilliant Future OF Forestry and Edison Glass

Well, I can see what they mean about the Dredg thing (Especially on the song 'Trust'), but it's a stonking good album whatever. Never heard of them before, but it went straight onto my shopping list!!

I thought they were cool until I found out they were another one of those lame 'alternative' Christian bands.

Comment

You are officially the biggest dumb ass I have ever seen or heard of. And I read this today.
      Twitter | Facebook | Rate Your Music

Originally posted by TheRuleofThree
      Very well - you caught me in a rare mistake. I commend you for achieving this elite honor.

Comment

Chill out,  I didn't say they were bad.  

Comment

Damn of all the dumb shit that is said on this board (myself included) and that is the remark you use to judge the biggest dumb ass?
          sigpic
          We'll fuck standing and we'll fuck then lying, if they had wings we'll fuck them flying, when they are dead and long forgotten we'll dig them up and fuck them rotten.
          Originally posted by auto-de-fe
          happy birthday, you bastard of bastards.

Comment

No. He's just a dumbass. If I like a band (like, say, Glassjaw), they are emo, and thus he must hate them. This band interested him until he found out they were a Christian band. That's just plain dumb.

Very well - you caught me in a rare mistake. I commend you for achieving this elite honor.

Comment

Take a chill pill, I was just kidding.  I was kidding about the emo bands.  Over the years, I just noticed every time someone mentions a random emo band, you're the first person to reply to the topic and say that you like them.  Sorry.

Comment

Oh, is Lost Ocean 'Emo' then?? In that case I must like 'Emo'....I always thought 'Emo' was that rather strange comedian!!!

It's just sad that people have to 'pidgeonhole' music- surely, there is only two types of music- music you like...music you don't.

Comment

actually... all the bands that are loudly christian, i do not like. So you can make a judgement on a band due to the over bearing quantity of bands that you don't like that are publicly christian. Same with emo... although music genre's have gotten so ridiculous you can't really take someones word on where a band is actually catogorized. But you shouldn't let anything change your mind afterwards.

by the way, underoath is the only band that is openly christian that i can think of. That band and 12 stones. Im sure there is TONS more, im just drawing a blank.
                  Google "Nutsack" and see what kind of pictures come up

Comment

Originally posted by kata rokkar
                    Supterfuckingultrawesomecoreasaurus

Comment

piano rock is a good thing. Thanks for the info!

Comment

These guys added me on Myspace a while back - and i think they have improved since listening to them back then, and listening to them now. Only thing I think will start to annoy me is the guitar/piano might start to grate after a while, because it's pretty much the same widdle stuff throughout. Might be good stuff to wake up to in the morning - as it's rather pretty sounding.

Emo isn't a genre of music, it's simply a dress-code and an attitude.
                        (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Comment

Originally posted by Sittingsideways
                          actually... all the bands that are loudly christian, i do not like. So you can make a judgement on a band due to the over bearing quantity of bands that you don't like that are publicly christian. Same with emo... although music genre's have gotten so ridiculous you can't really take someones word on where a band is actually catogorized. But you shouldn't let anything change your mind afterwards.

by the way, underoath is the only band that is openly christian that i can think of. That band and 12 stones. Im sure there is TONS more, im just drawing a blank.
                          Uh... mewithoutyou?
                          Originally posted by Gnomad
                          I think we're forgetting one huge factor in all of this.

Super God.
                          Originally posted by auto-de-fe
                          do you think we can get a sticky for this thread so that i can constantly be reminded how much of a dick theruleofthree is?

Comment

And Mute Math. A lot of people around here seem to like them.

Comment

Originally posted by Ars Sycro
                              And Mute Math. A lot of people around here seem to like them.
                              Yes, they are fantastic.

I like Pillar, too... and they are crazy for Senor Christ as well.

And Underoath isn't too bad.

I dig Celldweller and Circle Of Dust... they started out that way.

Some of Kaddisfly's lyrics come off as pro-Christian depending on how you read them.

Shit, I could go on about all kinds of fantastic bands that I love which consider themselves Christian. I'm agnostic and have been since I was a kid. I also like Marilyn Manson. Religion is a personal choice. Just because a band believes a certain thing doesn't make them incapable of writing awesome, moving music that people can relate to regardless of beliefs or lifestyle.

Comment

Working...
                              X