Announcement

Collapse

Software Upgrade

I upgraded the software to ensure it works with PHP 8+ and save me a few bucks each month. If you encounter any issues, please email me.
See more
See less

Which '"OS" do you use?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dude, for the longest time I was stuck with ME cause it was the only OS I could get for free... holy God, that was the worst OS I've ever used... 2000 is actually better, which surprised me... but still, XP is a lot more solid than people give it credit for...

Comment

2000 was a huge leap in quality for windows... And XP is basicly just 2000 with better support for games

Comment

Yeah XP is pretty good.  I remember tons of crashed and bugs on 3.1 all the way through 2k.  I always hated how microsoft became such a huge corporation and made tons of money releasing complete junk.
        sigpic
        We'll fuck standing and we'll fuck then lying, if they had wings we'll fuck them flying, when they are dead and long forgotten we'll dig them up and fuck them rotten.
        Originally posted by auto-de-fe
        happy birthday, you bastard of bastards.

Comment

I'm on XP. I plan to buy a desktop soon to use almost entirely for programming. I want to put 2 hard drives in it, one on Vista and one on Fedora.
          Twitter | Facebook | Rate Your Music

Originally posted by TheRuleofThree
          Very well - you caught me in a rare mistake. I commend you for achieving this elite honor.

Comment

Mac and PC, because their both good in their own special ways.
            (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Comment

Special as in special olympics?
              sigpic
              We'll fuck standing and we'll fuck then lying, if they had wings we'll fuck them flying, when they are dead and long forgotten we'll dig them up and fuck them rotten.
              Originally posted by auto-de-fe
              happy birthday, you bastard of bastards.

Comment

That special warm feeling when you've got your MacBook Pro is on your lap, burning away.
                (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Comment

Ok, time to revive this topic...

...as my first post shows, I was dual booting XP and Linux Fedora 6. Well since then I've had multiple hard drive problems and I've had to format both drives. Had nothing to do with Windows or Linux, just so happened I got a super sweet virus ON BOTH drives and I felt that it was better to start over than fuck with both drives for days to fix it...

...so after the format I just used XP Pro for quite awhile... That is till today. I've got XP Pro and Linux Ubuntu dual booted on two drives now... and it's bad ass...

I must say, Ubuntu so far is WAY better than Fedora Core 6. Ubuntu is WAY more user friendly, from a windows stand point, than Fedora was. Fedora took more user end configuration, as far as drivers and such, then Ubuntu did. At first I found it enjoyable, because I'm a Tech guy that enjoys computers, but it seriously got to a point where it was just too much...

...bottom line, if you would like to try using Linux for the first time I would STRONGLY suggest Ubuntu 7.04 ... I promise that it will be the easiest version of Linux for you to use. There will still be some little setup things that you'll have to do after the install, but it's the best that you're going to get for Linux...

Added after 4 minutes:

Another thought...

...when this thread was started Vista really was just a "Leaked" operating system.

So is anybody here using Vista? And if so what do you think? I'd like to switch over to it but the price tag right now is too big for me to switch from XP to Vista... Is it worth it?
                  Originally posted by Ars Sycro
                  I have a type. I like hot bitches.

Comment

Ubuntu is awesome

Comment

Yeah, I'm a bit disappointed that it took this long for me to see the light...

...For Fedora Core 6 I had to burn like 6 cd's to install it. I only had to burn one CD for Ubuntu to install it. Then all I had to do was edit GRUB to dual boot to my XP drive and I was all set...

Originally posted by A Smart Man
                      Ubuntu is awesome
                      Originally posted by Ars Sycro
                      I have a type. I like hot bitches.

Comment

I love how you can boot from the installation disc, and try out the OS before actually installing it.
                        Made it really easy to convince my parents to let me install it on my mothers machine!
                        Especially because I had formatted it several times trying to install xp, only to find the computer completely crashing by the load of vira it attracted before I could update it to SP2

Comment

I think it's a WAY too early to buy Vista or actually install it.

I'm still running XP. And I have no reason to change it.

Comment

I gave a friend some help installing and setting up some stuff on his Vista laptop.

It's very nice and everything, apart from the blatant mac rips, it's got a real user friendly interface. One thing that does get on my tits is the security thing it has on it. Like, everything you do, whether it's inserting a CD or opening applications, whatever, the screen dims and a security box pops-up. While, yeah, it's cool for over-concerned parents, and those who know jack shit about security, but does it have to be so intrusive to simple operations? I hear there's a way of turning it off, but i couldn't find it.

Anyway. Thank god i don't own that laptop. I'm still happy with my macbook... never turning back. Especially considering most software is intel-chip compatible, everything rocks a lot more cock nowadays. Ableton and Reason make me speachless...
                            (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Comment

Vista and Fedora Core.... but I haven't booted into Fedora in a long time... Too busy with other stuff.

Added after 15 seconds:

Oh, and XP if I use my laptop.
                              Twitter | Facebook | Rate Your Music

Originally posted by TheRuleofThree
                              Very well - you caught me in a rare mistake. I commend you for achieving this elite honor.

Comment

Working...
                              X