Announcement

Collapse

Software Upgrade

I upgraded the software to ensure it works with PHP 8+ and save me a few bucks each month. If you encounter any issues, please email me.
See more
See less

mewithoutyou leaked....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by emptyzero
    I usually make an effort to avoid spamming but...buy this album.
    I don't think spam matters much in the Non-Dredg talk, hell, thats probably why it doesn't add to your post number.
    DeviantArt Facebook

Comment

Yeah I saw them live a couple of weeks back and I loves it they did all the spider songs I believe.
      Originally posted by Gnomad
      Semen and anger... definitely dredg fans.
      Originally posted by noclevername
      stretch marks are a big ol cosmic thumbs up.

Comment

Everybody that downloaded this, go out and buy it on Tuesday and support this great band.

Also, here's some thoughts from the band on the leak:

Originally posted by mewithoutYou
        so, as some of you may know, the record is seeping out of the internets pores, dirty and filthy, sweaty and gritty, pre maturely. This isn't a call to go searching for these songs on the superhighway but a call to not go searching for these songs and to see that we have worked really hard on making a total package album, beautiful artworked insert, a record with life in it, actual life, breathing, touring, writing, half a year, all of our efforts poured into this thing, this Brother Sister thing. None of the band members are "pissed" but rather slightly dissapointed that people who are our friends, people that we don't know and people that are fans of the band are sharing this thing we worked really hard to create and keep off the internet. It's not even about album sales. It's about waiting, until the day it comes out, because in reality, this thing has been done since march and we had to wait, so should you. For our fathers it was LPs, wax records, doubled sided black discs, for our aunts it was cassettes with annoying paper fold outs, for us it was both of the above and cds with booklets, art work, maybe a sticker, maybe a poster, what I am getting at is the physical package that sits in your hand, tearing the plastic off of it, taking it home, putting on headphones and dissecting, reading along with the lyrics, reading the thank yous, wondering about all the sounds. When something is just ripped off of the internet, you have an mp3, an invisible encoded sound file, that may even be an unmastered version are incomplete, you aren't hearing it the way the artist intended and thats what an album is and we, mewithoutyou are a band that makes albums, we try our hardest to do it a little different each time, come up with a flow, let it roll from the speakers to your ears. It's just a little disheartening is all. I am a fan of hearing an album the way it waws made, take the 48 to 60 minutes, for any group or band, sit and listen to it all the way through, sit and try to think about what they were thinking, try and sit and hear it all, even if you don't get it or feel what is going on, eventually you either will love it or hate it.
        so, with a whole lot of nothing being said.
        please, don't accept the record from anybody, friend or foe.
        don't even listen to it.
        just wait two weeks and celebrate the release of our third album with us.
        the surpise has been ruined for some.
        don't ruin it for yourself or others.
        damn the internet.
        peace be with you.
        love rickie
        Twitter | Facebook | Rate Your Music

Originally posted by TheRuleofThree
        Very well - you caught me in a rare mistake. I commend you for achieving this elite honor.

Comment

This CD is amazing. I think that the Spider references were inspired by a Robert Frost poem, but I have no proof behind that.

I found a dimpled spider, fat and white,
          On a white heal-all, holding up a moth
          Like a white piece of rigid satin cloth--
          Assorted characters of death and blight
          Mixed ready to begin the morning right,
          Like the ingredients of a witches' broth--
          A snow-drop spider, a flower like a froth,
          And dead wings carried like a paper kite.

What had that flower to do with being white,
          The wayside blue and innocent heal-all?
          What brought the kindred spider to that height,
          Then steered the white moth thither in the night?
          What but design of darkness to appall?--
          If design govern in a thing so small.
          - Robert Frost's Design
          Twitter | Facebook | Rate Your Music

Originally posted by TheRuleofThree
          Very well - you caught me in a rare mistake. I commend you for achieving this elite honor.

Comment

Happy to hear you like it Ars!  Definitely one of the best releases of the year, without a doubt.
            I think we're forgetting one huge factor in all of this.

Super God.
            Originally posted by auto-de-fe
            do you think we can get a sticky for this thread so that i can constantly be reminded how much of a dick theruleofthree is?

Comment

I got it the day it came out, I like it. I like Catch For Us the Foxes more though. But all in all it's a great album. I had a great time seeing them live a while back also.
              Semen and anger... definitely dredg fans.
              Originally posted by noclevername
              stretch marks are a big ol cosmic thumbs up.

Comment

went to tape Facing New York for some friends after work tuesday but picked it up wednesday.

Comment

Working...
                X