Announcement

Collapse

Software Upgrade

I upgraded the software to ensure it works with PHP 8+ and save me a few bucks each month. If you encounter any issues, please email me.
See more
See less

Tool - 10,000 Days (opinions)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I enjoy it. Is it anywhere near their other albums? No. But hey, even a bad Tool album is better than a lot of shit, and this isn't even a bad Tool album.

Comment

The production annoys me, it seems to be mint on Vicarious and The Pot.. But on the rest of the tracks it's just, sort of muddy.. Mushy.. Swampy

Comment

I really like "Right in Two"

and the rest of the album, too.

Comment

Originally posted by Knifeboy
          The production annoys me, it seems to be mint on Vicarious and The Pot.. But on the rest of the tracks it's just, sort of muddy.. Mushy.. Swampy
          That's kind of interesting.

I like the production better than Opiate or Undertow... but I don't like those albums as a whole either.

I'd really love to see them answer questions about the new album in a serious manner. I would love to know what inspired these type of songs this time around. I know Maynard would just say something stupidly intelligent (I know that sounds lame) or make a fart joke.....

So far most people like "Right in Two" quite a bit. I like it as well.

"The Pot" is good if you're in the right mood.

Tracks 3 & 4 are good if you don't actually sit there and listen to them. When I do that I get bored easily with those tracks. They're great for semi-background noise.

Comment

It's pretty sub-par, to say the least.
            http://rateyourmusic.com/~SinsOfArcadia

Comment

alrighty then, picture this if you will....

Does anyone else hear rain and thunder every time "wings/10k" comes on?

I still think "rosetta" and "the pot" are the best. 'intension' and the crap track at the end kinda suck. But that aside I love it. Oh, and it feels like it's missing a song.
              it was so real, like i woke up in wonderland....

Comment

That's supposed to sound like weather. Since I actually *bought* the CD, it says weather effects are by lustmord.

Yeah, I agree with Gnomad that even sub-par tool is better than a lot, but I just wish the ambient tracks were more inspired. Remember Die Eier Von Satan from Aenima? That's what I'm talkin about.

Comment

Dar is good/] yah?

eye
                  His names BentTwig... He's not right... in the head.

<-----that's me and the fam

Comment

Working...
                  X