Announcement

Collapse

Software Upgrade

I upgraded the software to ensure it works with PHP 8+ and save me a few bucks each month. If you encounter any issues, please email me.
See more
See less

Waterborne is on Google Video

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: re: Waterborne is on Google Video

Originally posted by thefamousstik
    Originally posted by futuresmydesign
    :cry: I think I need a little encouragement now...
    Don't fret, the movie will be made downloadable today, as Ben had told me.
    did they make the downloading available yet? cuz i cant seem to find it

Comment

Re: re: Waterborne is on Google Video

Originally posted by kgeorge10
      Originally posted by thefamousstik
      Originally posted by futuresmydesign
      :cry: I think I need a little encouragement now...
      Don't fret, the movie will be made downloadable today, as Ben had told me.
      did they make the downloading available yet? cuz i cant seem to find it
      Well, he said he was...but like you, I'm not seeing it yet either. oO

Comment

Originally posted by kata rokkar
        fuck. i fucking liked it. i mean it fuckin' was fuckin' great. the fuckin' camera work really fuckin' put you right fucking there. fuck. the fuckin' music was well put but fucking overdone when you wanted to fucking connect with the fucking raw emotions of each fucking scene. well thats all i have to fucking say.

fuck.
        since you mentioned it...go here:

...whoa I just realised that the #1 movie isn't on there for some reason....It's The Devils Rejects..came out in 2005..is 109 minutes long & has 560 fucks...that's like...5.13 Fucks Per Minute.... I don't know how I remember that!

Comment

fuck!
          Originally posted by kata rokkar
          Supterfuckingultrawesomecoreasaurus

Comment

WOW...I just watched waterborne...that..was..awesome...I expected it to be good but it definitely exceeded my expectations....certainly going to get the dvd!

Added after 3 minutes:

...I really liked Stone By Stone in the end credits...maybe if the dvd is released bundled with the soundtrack (i can still hope!) we'll get a good version of stone by stone!

Added after 14 hours 43 minutes:

Hey everyone who's seen the movie should go to:

register, and vote on the movie! :mrgreen: Get it a good rating...

...What's with the file on google video being like 13 hours long?

Comment

That movie wasn't very good. Where was the plot?

-Ben

Comment

The plot was pretty obvious, actually. Suspected biological terrorist attack hits the LA water supply, and therefore renders most liquids unusable. Because of that crisis, crime picks up, people start going nuts. That's the basis for the character drama that ensues, and that's what the movie focuses on. The attack is just a device to get the characters to evolve.

There were a few minor editing issues that I had - too many jump cuts, some confusing cuts while a character is talking (I think Ben Rehki is trying to establish POV, but it doesn't work that well) - but otherwise, it's a very well done film. The score - not just dredg, but the eastern music as well - adds a spectacular element to the film. I need to see a better version of it than the Googlized one, but it's definitely worth buying, especially if it comes with the score!
                A one track mind in a one way town
                Let's go ahead and gentrify
                We let art die with robot minds
                Steal the brush and paint boundary lines

Comment

I didn't ask for a synopsis of the movie, or what it was that the characters are responding to, I asked for the plot. There isn't one, there is an initial incident and then characters reacting to that incident without the rise or fall of action/events and no climax. It was 3 days in their life, with nothing other than a sucky circumstance to make it interesting. It woulda made a great short film, instead it was a mediocre full-length.

-Ben

Comment

Looks like the video is up for download now...but it costs $3.99. Not bad for a downloaded movie, but I do hope that it's a better quality than broadcasted on Google. Anyone willing to sacrifice four bucks to see? I just might.

Comment

Originally posted by The 5ympt0m
                      I didn't ask for a synopsis of the movie, or what it was that the characters are responding to, I asked for the plot. There isn't one, there is an initial incident and then characters reacting to that incident without the rise or fall of action/events and no climax. It was 3 days in their life, with nothing other than a sucky circumstance to make it interesting. It woulda made a great short film, instead it was a mediocre full-length.

-Ben
                      No rise or fall of action/events? No climax? It's called progression. Each day is progressively worse, in their eyes. For the reservist, it progresses from people maybe stealing water by a dam to his partner shooting a guy for stealing water. For Bodi, it goes from being nonchalent and tagging along with his cousin as he goes to visit his dad to beating the crap out of his friend (and fellow druggie) because of the stress to completely cracking up in the store and being shot. Progression. For the Persian, it goes from battling for acceptance in his family because of his girlfriend and in the world in general, to eventually confronting Bodi in the store, coming to a realization, and his family finally accepting the girl.

All of these storylines do not carry weight on their own, but when they are tied together and interwoven, and come around to impact each other, that's where you have your official story. Not every terrorist story has to deal with the pursuit of the terrorists; Ben Rehki focused on the people affected by said terrorist attack.

If you can't see the Persian Store scene as the climax, which it obviously was, and the fallout from that as the denouement of the entire film, then either you didn't watch the film closely enough or I'm going to venture that character based films don't hold your interest.

The film is not perfect, by any stretch of the imagination, but your critique is way off base. What I've described to you is the entire plot, which is defined as the progression of a story and any related stories. The emotional rollercoaster these people go on is the plot. Plain and simple.

Now, if you said the plot didn't hold your interest and you didn't think it worked, then fine. But for you to say that a plot doesn't even exist leads me to believe that you're missing something obvious or you're just here to trash the film for the sake of trashing the film.

Comment

watching stuff happening doesn't give something a plot, in the same way that stuff happening in comedies like Napoleon Dynamite or Swingers doesn't mean either of those have much of a plot. Character driven plots work when you're given a reason to care about the characters, which doesn't happen at any point in this film. We're thrown into their lives and subsequently, unless your favorite band did the music for the film and you WANT to love it no matter what, most people won't care.

Why would I waste my time to "trash the film for the sake of trashing the film?" I've been here for a year and a half longer than you. I've posted here many more times than you, obviously I'm not here to trash it for the sake of trashing it.

As I said before, it works for a short film, where characters don't need to be fleshed out and it's over in 20 minutes. As a full length, it's stretched out to the point of exhausting what little substance the original idea had.

-Ben

Comment

Not care for the characters? I felt strongly for all of them when the film was over. I think your definition for plot is way off. A city is under attack by terrorist activity by contamination of their water supply. People's everyday comforts and needs are threatened, and people are forced to take desperate measures to ensure their survival. We are taken into the lives of five different relationships, and how this crisis is handled by them. Each relationship has its own, and in the end, all are brought together to survive this crisis. Lives and sanity are lost, but in the end, they all worked together for one common goal; survival. Now if that isn't a plot, I'm not sure what is. Granted, yes, this would have worked well as a short film, but I also think it worked well as a feature length as well. I'm not bashing, and I value your opinion, but I also value mine and anyone elses who agree that this was one good film.

Comment

Originally posted by The 5ympt0m
                            As I said before, it works for a short film, where characters don't need to be fleshed out and it's over in 20 minutes. As a full length, it's stretched out to the point of exhausting what little substance the original idea had.

-Ben
                            You criticized the movie for a lack of a plot. You also criticized it for giving us characters that no one cares about. So how can the film work as a short film without either of those? It's not like the film is 2 hours long, either. It clocks in at 85 minutes, relatively short for a "feature" film.

Outside of a few musical montages, I doubt you could cut much else. At twenty minutes, you wouldn't be able to establish much of anything other than just the situation of a biological terrorist attack.

Your arguments aren't consistent; therefore, I'm continuing this argument. By the way, the "I've been here longer and have more posts than you" is cheap in my mind. To me, it comes off like you're just bashing the film for the sake of bashing it. All you've done is criticize it. If you were doing a halfway decent critique, to the point where your opinion can be acknowledged without someone like yours truly jumping down your thought, you'd point out both the good and bad - what works and doesn't work.

Just my opinion, of course.

Comment

And here I was wondering exactly why I don't visit this board as frequently as I used to.

It's turning into ToolArmy.

Bitch bitch bitch....whine whine whine....let's all argue. It gets really old. REALLY quick.

FacebookTwitterdredg page

Comment

You win, I lose. You've established your dominance.

-Ben

Comment

Working...
                                X