Announcement

Collapse

Software Upgrade

I upgraded the software to ensure it works with PHP 8+ and save me a few bucks each month. If you encounter any issues, please email me.
See more
See less

New Tour...New Songs..?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Tour...New Songs..?

Well, I guess I can't argue that. Implication is one thing, but were he to say that Chuckles was a better record than El Cielo, I would disagree with him. But at the same time, I don't really care that El Cielo is better. Everyone is different, but I don't care to compare the albums, really. I just don't see the point.

Comment

'Somebody Is Laughing'
      'The Thought Of Losing You'
      'Sun Goes Down'
      Originally posted by Ars Sycro
      I want to walk around half-naked and in sequins and dressed like, I don't know, a pirate, maybe, proclaiming my heterosexuality.

Comment

Originally posted by Gnomad View Post
        Well, I guess I can't argue that. Implication is one thing, but were he to say that Chuckles was a better record than El Cielo, I would disagree with him. But at the same time, I don't really care that El Cielo is better. Everyone is different, but I don't care to compare the albums, really. I just don't see the point.
        I guess my point is that twice now they have made the "immature" comparison. It just seems very reactionary and counterproductive to me.
        I don't have the time it takes to recover from the day
        I sit and moan and mope and groan and never have my say
        A crown of thorns from which is born a little baby bird
        To fly away and have its day is nothing but absurd

Comment

No, I get it. It's an unfortunate choice of words. It would have been better if he had just said they were kind of tired of their earlier stuff or even just that they were over it. But the way he put it was a little disheartening.

I don't take what he said the way you did, though. I honestly think he was just trying to say that they were better musicians, which they are. What they choose to do with their talent may not please everyone. But I definitely can't say the way you took it is wrong, because I can get that from it too.

Comment

Originally posted by Gnomad View Post
            No, I get it. It's an unfortunate choice of words. It would have been better if he had just said they were kind of tired of their earlier stuff or even just that they were over it. But the way he put it was a little disheartening.

I don't take what he said the way you did, though. I honestly think he was just trying to say that they were better musicians, which they are. What they choose to do with their talent may not please everyone. But I definitely can't say the way you took it is wrong, because I can get that from it too.
            I really do believe that it was a reactionary response based on the backlash they have gotten so far. I'm sure the people posting on their personal profiles and shit got old really quick. I can see how he might make a comment like that off the cuff. Like you said, though, it was an unfortunate choice of words on his part.

It's starting to seem like they should let Mark do all of the interviews. He just seems to always choose his words wisely. Then again, I get the feeling that Gavin is way more emotionally invested in this album than any of the other members.
            I don't have the time it takes to recover from the day
            I sit and moan and mope and groan and never have my say
            A crown of thorns from which is born a little baby bird
            To fly away and have its day is nothing but absurd

Comment

^^ I can't say enough good things about the maturity level of this sophisticated conversation between you two. Two thumbs up 'n an A++.

: D

Comment

Another Tribe

The Tent

Partying hard to dredg...
                I can see a washed out moon through the fog.

Comment

Hahaha that old guy is awesome!! Thanks for posting the videos too! I don't think too many people are going to be happy about The Tent being played. It seems that people either really dig it or absolutely hate it.

Comment

I'm not going to be happy about The Tent being played if Gavin can't actually sing it.

But, here's a perfect example of how Dino playing actual drums can totally change the feel of a song. While I personally don't have an issue with the chorus, it "felt" like Dino's accents during that portion made it somehow less repetitive. It felt better.

OK, and the first verse was really the only part that Gavin just didn't quite nail. Looking forward to hearing this in a couple weeks.

And damn, Gavin seemed like he was singing Another Tribe with a bit of anger. I like it.
                    Last edited by Fawst; May 5, 2011, 03:11 PM.
                    A vest has no sleeves.

Comment

yeah. So how can we make this conversation about Gavin's weight?
                      How many dredg fans does it take to change a lightbulb?

Seven. One to change it, five to complain that the old one was better, and one talk about Gavins weight.

-Gnomad

Comment

Working...
                      X