Announcement

Collapse

Software Upgrade

I upgraded the software to ensure it works with PHP 8+ and save me a few bucks each month. If you encounter any issues, please email me.
See more
See less

New Tour...New Songs..?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Tour...New Songs..?

2 Points...

1 - Pick the 3 songs YOU WANT to see played on the new tour
    2 - Which do you think they actually will play?

I left off Upon Returning since it was played on the last tour.
    Another Tribe
    13.08%
    The Tent
    5.61%
    Somebody is Laughing
    17.76%
    Down Without a Fight
    13.08%
    The Ornament
    14.95%
    The Thought of Losing You
    12.15%
    Kalathat
    8.41%
    Sun Goes Down
    3.74%
    Where I'll End Up
    6.54%
    Before it Began
    4.67%
    Last edited by Ciel0; April 30, 2011, 08:06 PM.

Re: New Tour...New Songs..?

Another Tribe, Somebody is Laughing, Down Without a Fight
    How many dredg fans does it take to change a lightbulb?

Seven. One to change it, five to complain that the old one was better, and one talk about Gavins weight.

-Gnomad

Comment

I want them to play Another Tribe, Somebody Is Laughing, and The Ornament.

Comment

that's an amazing signature
        Originally posted by Lye In Your Eye
        you're pretty narcissistic
        enjoy that, nobody else does.
        Originally posted by Madklikor
        You call me ignorant? LOL...Stop judging right you or you're gonna find me

Comment

The Tent,The Ornament and Kalathat.

Comment

Interesting how strong Someday is Laughing ranks. My only strong request is Kalathat. I think it's one of the best songs they've ever written and I'm interested in watching the guitar play. Down Without a Fight also, for how fun it could be in a live setting.
            words always ebbing, never flowing

Comment

I went "Another Tribe," "The Tent," and "Down Without A Fight." I could sub "Kalathat," "The Thought Of Losing You," or "Somebody's Laughing" with "The Tent" though.
              Originally posted by Gnomad
              How many dredg fans does it take to change a lightbulb?

Seven. One to change it, five to complain that the old one was better, and one talk about Gavins weight.

Comment

I wanted to vote for Kalathat, but I'd rather see The Tentn, Somebody's Laughing and Down Without A Fight.
                Twitter | Facebook | Rate Your Music

Originally posted by TheRuleofThree
                Very well - you caught me in a rare mistake. I commend you for achieving this elite honor.

Comment

another tribe, somebody is laughing, the thought of losing you
                  last.fm

Comment

I voted for the "The's":

The Tent
                    The Ornament

I almost, and should have, voted for Somebody Is Laughing over The Ornament. I just think The Ornament would be a great lull-moment song to build into something heavier, like Saviour.

I THINK they'll play:

The Tent/The Thought of Losing You/Down Without a Fight/Upon Returning: because they've been used in promotional material up to this point in one way or another.

And tying this in to the whole "We're playing stuff off every album AND oldies" I'm guessing they'll finally answer whoever it is that always shouts "PROPELLERS!" during shows in Boston and play that. At least, I hope they do. Anything off of the Industry Demo would be awesome to hear live. The Papal Insignia would be fucking sweet, too.

Basically, I want a few songs from each album with some b-sides and unreleased tracks thrown in for flavor. In fact, how about a setlist that goes something like this:

Juggernaut
                    Symbol Song/Movement I
                    Yatahaze
                    The Papal Insignia -OR- Running Through Propellers
                    Same Ol' Road
                    Sanzen
                    The Uplifting News Channel
                    Bug Eyes
                    Jamais Vu
                    Stone By Stone
                    Gathering Pebbles
                    I Don't Know
                    The Tent
                    Somebody Is Laughing

ENCORE:
                    Of The Room
                    Quotes
                    The Canyon Behind Her

OK, so that's like 18 songs. I can dream.
                    A vest has no sleeves.

Comment

Originally posted by Fawst View Post
                      The Papal Insignia -OR- Running Through Propellers
                      Those songs were "immature," so you'll never hear them again. Enjoy The Tent, though.
                      I don't have the time it takes to recover from the day
                      I sit and moan and mope and groan and never have my say
                      A crown of thorns from which is born a little baby bird
                      To fly away and have its day is nothing but absurd

Comment

Yeah, fuck Dino. He's not entitled to his own feelings about something he's done in the past. What does he know about his drumming anyway?

Comment

Originally posted by Gnomad View Post
                          Yeah, fuck Dino. He's not entitled to his own feelings about something he's done in the past. What does he know about his drumming anyway?
                          I'm not saying that Dino was wrong. I could see where he's coming from, but I think this whole "We are the artist, we know better than you" stance is kind of immature. I understand that it is in response to the largely negative reception the album is getting, like a cornered cat. However, I do find it a bit insulting as a serious music fan.

To quote the album, as has been done several times: I could lie, I could lie....

Comment

I don’t think it's "We know better". I think it's "We want this." I totally understand not liking it. It's a drastic change to a style that's oversaturated, and I'll admit, other bands have done it better. But I don't get the disbelief that they just wanted to try something different and they're happy with it. And I don't see them saying this is their best work. I haven't seen them say that once. I think they're just saying generally, at this point, they're better musicians. It's only an insult because you don't agree with them. It's just music.

Comment

Originally posted by Gnomad View Post
                              I don’t think it's "We know better". I think it's "We want this." I totally understand not liking it. It's a drastic change to a style that's oversaturated, and I'll admit, other bands have done it better. But I don't get the disbelief that they just wanted to try something different and they're happy with it. And I don't see them saying this is their best work. I haven't seen them say that once. I think they're just saying generally, at this point, they're better musicians. It's only an insult because you don't agree with them. It's just music.
                              I understand that they wanted to try something different. So be it. It is not good, though. Them telling me it is good is never going to make it good. It's one thing to come out and say that they like it. It is something else to come out and imply that it is more well-written than El Cielo, which Gavin most certainly did.

I know some people disagree, but a lot of people DO agree.

Comment

Working...
                              X