Announcement

Collapse

Software Upgrade

I upgraded the software to ensure it works with PHP 8+ and save me a few bucks each month. If you encounter any issues, please email me.
See more
See less

download SAVIOUR here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: download SAVIOUR here

ok..ok..you win. i was hoping to start one of those epic arguments that happen here all the time.

i guess i should have said. NO FUCK YOU IM RIGHT YOU FUCK!
    Last edited by drummerjs; March 23, 2009, 10:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by FeebleFables View Post
      That's a stretch. I tend to take the standard definition more: "movement to a further or higher stage" or "growth or development; continuous improvement"
      "These drugs will expand us -
      United we will grow."
      Originally posted by Gnomad
      I think we're forgetting one huge factor in all of this.

Super God.
      Originally posted by auto-de-fe
      do you think we can get a sticky for this thread so that i can constantly be reminded how much of a dick theruleofthree is?

Comment

well, that's really what all the arguments boil down to...

evasivetear added 0 Minutes and 31 Seconds later...

Originally posted by TheRuleofThree View Post
        "These drugs will expand us -
        United we will grow."
        yeh...i hate those lyrics.
        Originally posted by Lye In Your Eye
        you're pretty narcissistic
        enjoy that, nobody else does.
        Originally posted by Madklikor
        You call me ignorant? LOL...Stop judging right you or you're gonna find me

Comment

Originally posted by sangreal314 View Post
          http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/progress

almost every definition of the word progress implies it being positive. if you use it in the negative tense it is no longer progess, it is regress. you can only say they have progressed if you feel like it is for the better. and not everyone agrees with that. i think the only thing we can all agree on is that they have changed.
          If you put it like that, King Crimson, Yes, Jethro Tull, Pink Floyd and Genesis are not progressive rock. Because they made their best records early in their career and then they couldn't measure up to those. That would make them regressive rock.

Looks like dredg is in good company.

Comment

FUCK YOU IM RIGHT YOU FUCK!

Comment

yeah. haha. and i changed it sangreal

oh, i still havent forgotten, evasive, you rotten bastard. i was supposed to kill myself because of being proven wrong by you about DOO DEE DOO.

Comment

Originally posted by SimpatiK View Post
                If you put it like that, King Crimson, Yes, Jethro Tull, Pink Floyd and Genesis are not progressive rock. Because they made their best records early in their career and then they couldn't measure up to those. That would make them regressive rock.

Looks like dredg is in good company.
                pretty much. not many bands truly progress over the course of their whole career. i guess when you look at it that way dredg is more progressive than most.

Comment

Pretty much because their career hasn't been that long yet.

The only band I think has become better with every record is Porcupine Tree.

True progressive rock?!

Comment

i think brand new has gotten better with each subsequent release.

emogressive?
                    Originally posted by vsd
                    ...and to be frank...i think...

Comment

Originally posted by Frank Nit View Post

emogressive?
                      This is fact.

Comment

Originally posted by SimpatiK View Post
                        Pretty much because their career hasn't been that long yet.

The only band I think has become better with every record is Porcupine Tree.

True progressive rock?!
                        They peaked with In Absentia, and their last album was borderline mediocre.

New double album sounds promising though
                        http://rateyourmusic.com/~SinsOfArcadia

Comment

Originally posted by Sins Of Arcadia View Post
                          They peaked with In Absentia.
                          QFT

Comment

feeble, i don't mean to pigeonhole you, but you come off as one of the few surviving tool fans still unsure of whether to hop on the dredg bandwagon or not. a lot of people were drawn in by leitmotif, a few left after being disappointed by the "softness" of el cielo, and almost all of the rest left after being disappointed by catch's "poppiness." i'm happy to see you're still around, but it seems like you're still expecting dredg to get "proggier" when they have only done the exact opposite as their careers have progressed.
                            I agree, I don't care about whether dredg progressed or not, we can't say they don't know what they are doing or argue about their talent neither.

After Leitmotif and El Cielo, they might have gone into a different direction. The other songs and the records were also good not as much as the first 2 in my opinion.

I would like to listen songs like I stated and I know dredg only can make that kind of songs
                            so as a listener, it is my right to hope to have some songs like that from them.
                            They introduced those songs to us not some other band, it's normal to have an expectation.
                            It's not arguing what progression they made or whatsoever

So, IMHO saviour FAILS.
                            i'm not writing these to flame, i just write this because there's a slight chance that they could read.
                            Besides, Deftones failed once or twice, why not dredg.

Comment

i don't know of any album (i was anticipating) being out in the public realm longer without being leaked. i'm happy for the band, but my ears are anxious.
                              words always ebbing, never flowing

Comment

emogressive?
                                Truer words have never been spoken. Here's to hoping the 4th is even better!
                                Twitter | Facebook | Rate Your Music

Originally posted by TheRuleofThree
                                Very well - you caught me in a rare mistake. I commend you for achieving this elite honor.

Comment

Working...
                                X