Announcement

Collapse

Software Upgrade

I upgraded the software to ensure it works with PHP 8+ and save me a few bucks each month. If you encounter any issues, please email me.
See more
See less

El Cielo SACD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: El Cielo SACD

I bought it a few years ago when I assumed the Sony home theater I had would play it, so I was disappointed when it wouldnt. We just got a fantastic new home theater setup this past Christmas (another Sony), and I noticed on the side of the box that it does indeed play SACDs. Luckily I`ve also got a copy of Dark Side of the Moon and they both sound really great through it. Dark Side has more atmospheric effects while El Cielo is more restrained, but it`s definitely the best way to listen to it.

Dark room, good weed, throw the SACD on.

Comment

Got the El Cielo SACD yesterday. I have an older PS3 that will play it, and will be getting my receiver on Friday. I'm geeking out hard about this weekend.

Comment

Oh man, oh man. This alone was worth the price of my stereo.

Comment

I've had the SACD for years. I just got an original model PS3. I was excited. And then I realised that the connection 'twixt PS3 and amp has to be HDMI, and the optical connection mine takes just won't do. One step closer only to discover a new step.

Comment

Yeah, and the receiver has to be able to decode the HDMI signals. The first one I got last weekend couldn't - only had a pass-through connection. I was pretty pissed, rushed it back to the store with 20 minutes before closing, but it was worth the effort.

Now I need to find some more good albums in this format. Only ones I've heard about are Beck - Sea Change, Dark Side of the Moon and a few Moody Blues records.

Comment

only old ps3 plays SACD
              sigpic
              We'll fuck standing and we'll fuck then lying, if they had wings we'll fuck them flying, when they are dead and long forgotten we'll dig them up and fuck them rotten.
              Originally posted by auto-de-fe
              happy birthday, you bastard of bastards.

Comment

Working...
              X