Announcement

Collapse

Software Upgrade

I upgraded the software to ensure it works with PHP 8+ and save me a few bucks each month. If you encounter any issues, please email me.
See more
See less

leitmotif hdcd

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think you might have gotten the original artwork/case with the re-released cd.
    Twitter | Facebook | Rate Your Music

Originally posted by TheRuleofThree
    Very well - you caught me in a rare mistake. I commend you for achieving this elite honor.

Comment

It's definitely the original cd though, the re-release one looks a lot different.

Comment

Originally posted by Ars Sycro
        I think you might have gotten the original artwork/case with the re-released cd.
        damn that would suck . . .
        Originally posted by kata rokkar
        Supterfuckingultrawesomecoreasaurus

Comment

It's not... I can tell from the text around the edge of the CD that it's different. But I thought the same thing at first. The only other possibility I can think of is that someone made a bootleg copy with a label and tried to pass it off as the real deal. The first Leitmotif was a pressed silver CD, so if that brown one is a CD-R in any way, that would definitely fit my hunch.

Comment

Originally posted by Clockwork4168
            It's definitely the original cd though, the re-release one looks a lot different.
            yeah, its not the same 'brown' cd, you can tell in the pics posted.  Look at the difference of the two brown cds.  The new one has a textured look and what now, where the old one has more of a puke-y color.

Comment

Originally posted by erikpemberton
              Oh, and I left the $7.95 one there because I already have one and got the 2nd one for my lady... so if you happen to live in the Bay Area, good luck hunting. It was still on the shelf last I was there.

My copy is signed, I should just go pick up that $7.95 copy and put mine on eBay... sheiiiit.
              The chance to get this is gone... I went last night and picked it up. It turned out to be one of the brown discs like Soundscape got.

So now here are my 3 copies of Leitmotif next to each other... white original on top, brown original on left, Interscope re-release on bottom:

Added after 6 minutes:

Originally posted by PapaSkot
              yeah, its not the same 'brown' cd, you can tell in the pics posted.  Look at the difference of the two brown cds.  The new one has a textured look and what now, where the old one has more of a puke-y color.
              The original is more or less the same color as the re-release, it's just a plain one-color print, whereas the re-release is made to look like brown construction paper with the textured finish. And it's not a CD-R, so I was wrong about that theory... the white disc just says "(c) 1999 Woven Recordings" on it, while the brown disc has a phone number, PO box and URL as well. I think the claim that the white ones are promo or test copies might be right. We need to bug Drew for a definitive answer to this question. I'd also like to know how many of each there are.

Comment

The chance to get this is gone... I went last night and picked it up. It turned out to be one of the brown discs like Soundscape got.

Send one to me... because I'm awesome!

Very well - you caught me in a rare mistake. I commend you for achieving this elite honor.

Comment

And it's not a CD-R, so I was wrong about that theory...
                  I think you were just paranoid.

Comment

Send one to me... because I'm awesome!
                    No way! Now I have one of each version!

Comment

Well, find another one and send it to me!

Comment

Well, find another one and send it to me!
                        Shouldn't be a problem. I've found 2 copies in the past year, so give me 6 months and the cycle should repeat.

:roll:

Comment

Working...
                        X