Announcement

Collapse

Software Upgrade

I upgraded the software to ensure it works with PHP 8+ and save me a few bucks each month. If you encounter any issues, please email me.
See more
See less

leitmotif hdcd

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• leitmotif hdcd

I found a used copy of this today at Cheapo. Never seen different artwork and things. Just wondering, anyone else have this one, sound-wise how much different is it?
    allmediareviewsblog

twitter

give it to me

seriosuly.....if you don't...i'll probably attack you and stab you with knives....or...........no....knives

Added after 23 seconds:

remember...drunk.....pay no regard to my nonsense
    Originally posted by Lye In Your Eye
    you're pretty narcissistic
    enjoy that, nobody else does.
    Originally posted by Madklikor
    You call me ignorant? LOL...Stop judging right you or you're gonna find me

Comment

/duely noted :P
      allmediareviewsblog

twitter

Comment

How much was it?

Comment

$9.
          allmediareviewsblog

twitter

Comment

well you lucked out, that's the original release, not an hdcd.  not sure if it sounds any different, as i believe the interscope version was just a reissue with different cover art.

Originally posted by evasivetear
            give it to me

seriosuly.....if you don't...i'll probably attack you and stab you with knives....or...........no....knives

Added after 23 seconds:

remember...drunk.....pay no regard to my nonsense
            hahaha . . .
            Originally posted by kata rokkar
            Supterfuckingultrawesomecoreasaurus

Comment

That CD goes for sale on Ebay for roughly 75 - 100 bux..........    Killer find lucky SOB!!!!
              Wild illusions dictate MY next move.

Comment

no fair...
                Originally posted by vsd
                ...and to be frank...i think...

Comment

i wonder who the dumb bastard was who returned it.

Comment

Originally posted by jsbedlam
                    well you lucked out, that's the original release, not an hdcd. not sure if it sounds any different, as i believe the interscope version was just a reissue with different cover art.
                    the original release is actually HDCD. You need an hdcd player in order to hear the difference I guess.

Added after 1 minutes:

fuck i haven't posted in a whiiiiile, and dredg continues to ignore FL =(

Comment

^actually, you're probably right but I guess being somewhat of an attentive listenor, I did notice a few bits here and there that sounded cleaner, louder, clearer..but not leaps and bounds. Maybe I'll be able to access a HD CD player at some point ti compare.

geez..I had no idea how rare it is..."look what I have found" :P..I nearly put it back since I found a few other discs I was looking for and didn't intend to spend much money.
                      allmediareviewsblog

twitter

Comment

Consider that one of the best days of your life. I've seen that go for well over $100 on eBay.

Comment

Originally posted by Clockwork4168
                          well you lucked out, that's the original release, not an hdcd. not sure if it sounds any different, as i believe the interscope version was just a reissue with different cover art.
                          the original release is actually HDCD. You need an hdcd player in order to hear the difference I guess.

=(
                          do you have any sources about that?  cuz thats the first i've ever heard.  I thought it was just the non-interscope release.  I've got one of those copy's too...but dont think i've ever listened to it.  Just bought it cuz i was a greedy dredg fan.

Comment

You kids need to live in the Bay Area. I have found 3 copies of the original Leitmotif in various used stores around here. One for $8.99, one for $7.95 and one for $3.95. Spend a little time digging and it really pays off.

Oh, and I left the $7.95 one there because I already have one and got the 2nd one for my lady... so if you happen to live in the Bay Area, good luck hunting. It was still on the shelf last I was there.

My copy is signed, I should just go pick up that $7.95 copy and put mine on eBay... sheiiiit.

Added after 1 minutes:

Originally posted by PapaSkot
                            Originally posted by Clockwork4168

=(
                            do you have any sources about that?  cuz thats the first i've ever heard.  I thought it was just the non-interscope release.  I've got one of those copy's too...but dont think i've ever listened to it.  Just bought it cuz i was a greedy dredg fan.
                            He's right about the original being HDCD... perhaps I will share some images when I get home from work. But other than that the discs are the same... and whatever Soundscape is hearing that sounds "cleaner" - well, let's just say the air in MN must be filled with paint fumes.

Comment

Originally posted by SoundscapeMN
                              $9.
                              You lucky son of a bitch. I've been trying to track one of those down for two or three years.
                              Originally posted by Gnomad
                              Semen and anger... definitely dredg fans.
                              Originally posted by noclevername
                              stretch marks are a big ol cosmic thumbs up.

Comment

Working...
                              X