Announcement

Collapse

Software Upgrade

I upgraded the software to ensure it works with PHP 8+ and save me a few bucks each month. If you encounter any issues, please email me.
See more
See less

You & dredg

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

searchign on the net for a painting to do in my art class, i come across "organize the orgy". fell in love with it, did it, read about the painter, labeled as "dredg" watchign tv a few weeks later i see on much a video by dredg... of the room. i was liek whoa that was fucking great. and that's how i came to fall in love with them.
    first time live: march 17th 2006 at taste of chaos. met them it was awesome

Comment

First heard of them the same week that APC's Thirteenth Step was released. I was talking with a friend online about how incredible I thought it was, and he said "Yah, but if they had put out El Cielo, it'd get album of the year, since they're like famous and stuff." "Huh?" "GO FUCKING BUY EL CIELO BY DREDG, OH MY GOD!" So I did.

First song? Track 1 of El Cielo

First time live, same show as is quoted in my sig.
      A vest has no sleeves.

Comment

When did you first hear about dredg? nearly 5 years ago. i saw their name mentioned around various other boards and decided to check it out....and of course i fell in love
        First song? i believe lechium or yatahaze
        First time live? 2003 w/ the deftones...so good i caught every show in town since

Comment

my turn . . . like a lot of you, i heard about dredg on a music site . . . can't remember which one now, the prp maybe?  but it was after the original release of leitmotif, before the interscope release.

i downloaded penguins in the desert & hated it . . . that's right.  i listened to the beginning and passed them off as another half-assed shitty metal band . . . but i kept it in my playlist . . . a few months later, i'm passively listening to some music on my comp. and something catches my attention . . . i click over to my mp3 player and it's dredg - the same song i thought was crap became this amazing, beautiful piece that defied all definition . . . i immediately sought out any other downloadable dredg i could with my measly dial up connection . . . i think i ended up with a couple of movements and symbol song . . . awesome . . . picked up the reissue on sept. 11th and haven't looked back!

1st time live . . . tough one . . . can't remember the date, but i was still living in wyoming & had to drive to denver to see them.  it was sometime between leitmotif & el cielo & it was amazing . . . i think there were probably 15-20 people there . . . i think it was at the bluebird?  i remember leaving speechless . . . missed them a few times after that due to financial issues and bad timing, but have since seen them many times & every time they impress me a little more . . . ahhh . . .
          Originally posted by kata rokkar
          Supterfuckingultrawesomecoreasaurus

Comment

fuck. well at first i hated them. i first heard Lechium and thought "okay tool". it took me eh i'd say about a year to get into them.

Comment

Working...
            X