Announcement

Collapse

Software Upgrade

I upgraded the software to ensure it works with PHP 8+ and save me a few bucks each month. If you encounter any issues, please email me.
See more
See less

Treasure Hunt: Clue #2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Treasure Hunt: Clue #2

Originally posted by prophetstyle View Post
    Ok, if this guy on the other forum is onto something and with this other guy's point about a god gene, this is what we have. any ideas how this could relate to things in terms of a hint/clue?

all protein coding genes found in homo sapiens
    1072 - Cofilin (CFL1)
    0100 - Adenosine Deaminase (ADA)
    0150 - Alpha-2-adrenergic receptor (ADRA2A)
    1315 - coatomer protein complex subunit beta 1 (COPB1)
    1038 - cerebellar degeneration-related protein 1 (CDR1)
    1000 - cadherin 2, type 1, n-cadherin (CDH2)
    3300 - dnaj (hsp40), homolog, subfamily B, member 2 (DNAJB2)
    6571 - Vesicular Monoamine Transporter 2 (VMAT2) [Saviour]
    6011 - G protein-coupled receptor kinase 1 (GRK1)
    6138 - ribosomal protein L15 (RPL15)
    3945 - lactate dehydrogenase B (LDHB)
    9321 - thyroid hormone receptor interactor 11 (TRIP11)
    2515 - ADAM metallopeptidase domain 2 (ADAM2)
    0150 - Alpha-2-adrenergic receptor (ADRA2A)
    0117 - adenylate cyclase activating polypeptide 1 (pituitary) receptor type 1 (ADCYAP1R1)

I believe this to be a coincidence. Just try typing ANY random 4 number sequence into google...you get a gene code. The gene codes may have something to do with the album (hence the G-A-T-C stamp) but I dont think this clue deals with that. But thats just an opinion at this point. Either way, I'm sure we need the next clue to piece together the first two.
    DeviantArt Facebook

Comment

This could be relevant; although as Imerr pointed out, it could very well be coincidence. The "?" = "Saviour" = "god gene" association is interesting. I looked up some of the other genes and tried to relate them to the other songs on the album and it doesn't work, at least I can't see any similarities. Another challenge would be associating a gene code with a geographical location, unless dredg has hidden treasures in people's thyroid and pituitary glands.

Comment

Geographic locations makes sense in a way. For example, people who live closer to the equator have curly hair because of the heat, curly hair is cooler. But I dont think that ties to the US because there really isn't any distinct locations-gene connections unless we look worldwide. Just the fact that you can type almost any 4-digit number into google and get a gene result tells me that this is most likely not the direction we should look. But I'm not trying to prevent anyone from looking further into it. Just an observation.
        DeviantArt Facebook

Comment

Wow, I think that might be an extreme stretch...
          Many Friends Yet Still A Loner!

THIS TREAUSURE HUNT IS LIKE CRACK!

Comment

Originally posted by RckNorCal425 View Post
            Wow, I think that might be an extreme stretch...
            Hey, i'm just the messenger and combined the stuff someone else found on the other board.

I'm waiting for the next clue. It's almost here. But I thought why not get some reactions to that.
            Facebookem, Danno | Twitter me this...

Comment

haha, don't worry. not shooting the messenger.. just looked like a big stretch..

Comment

I just went on another wild goose chase for this.

Looking at the website, I noticed in the news section that each news has a 3 number html/directory page thingy... such as: http://www.dredg.com/news/777

but the next update isn't consecutive, its then 781 then 805, 810.

I don't know anything about websites, but I tried to type in news/811 and it didnt work, then tried some of the numbers from the clue. Needless to say, that was another extreme stretch. I'm getting impatient for clue 3.
                DeviantArt Facebook

Comment

Originally posted by lmerr View Post

Looking at the website, I noticed in the news section that each news has a 3 number html/directory page thingy... such as: http://www.dredg.com/news/777

I don't know anything about websites, but I tried to type in news/811 and it didnt work, then tried some of the numbers from the clue. Needless to say, that was another extreme stretch. I'm getting impatient for clue 3.

went there and got a mild chuckle. more like a "heh".
                  Facebookem, Danno | Twitter me this...

Comment

Originally posted by lmerr View Post

We already covered this somewhere else. The numbers are across all ground(ctrl) sites. 778 was a post on Kobe Bryant's website.
                    Twitter | Facebook | Rate Your Music

Originally posted by TheRuleofThree
                    Very well - you caught me in a rare mistake. I commend you for achieving this elite honor.

Comment

Aha! Well I'm glad I didn't know, I was bored at work anyways. haha
                      DeviantArt Facebook

Comment

went back thru some of the LEAFLETS to see if anything jumped out at me.. got nothing...

I assumed maybe Saviour .. Track #9.. maybe Leaflet 9 would have something... only number I saw.. was the telephone Number to Zantes Pizza in SF... i'll put that in the not relevant pile..

Comment

What if the treasure is at Zantes Pizza?
                          Twitter | Facebook | Rate Your Music

Originally posted by TheRuleofThree
                          Very well - you caught me in a rare mistake. I commend you for achieving this elite honor.

Comment

the next clue is on a large MEAT Pizza... haha

Comment

I don't see any reason the clues couldn't be in a pizza place, venue, park, etc where the band may have stopped on their tour. I sure would feel stupid though asking about a hidden treasure at a pizza place.
                              DeviantArt Facebook

Comment

Haha... we asked random ass people in the last hunt... at Villa Montalvo, we were so lost and we're asking the people that upkeep that place if they know anything and they were looking at us like we were fucking crazy... haha...

Comment

Working...
                                X