Announcement

Collapse

Software Upgrade

I upgraded the software to ensure it works with PHP 8+ and save me a few bucks each month. If you encounter any issues, please email me.
See more
See less

Chico 6-17 Show

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chico 6-17 Show

They played pretty much same set list that they have been playing except they replaced Planting Seeds with Catch Without Arms. I asked Dino for Symbol Song before the show but he said no.

Songs played were(not in order):

Ode To The Sun

Same Ol' Road

It Only Took A Day

Jamais Vu

Sanzen

Catch Without Arms

Tanbark

Triangle

Hungover On A Tuesday

Sang Real

Bug Eyes

Of The Room

The Ornament

The Canyon Behind Her

Yatahaze

90 Hour Sleep

There was a lack luster and quite boring crowd to say the least. You can tell the band was bored. Hell, they even said they were at the end and asked if everyone else was and Dino yelled out it's because there was no bar. They only time they talked to the crowd was for an occasional thank you. They messed up more than once and missed an entire chorus and some of the verse during Sanzen. But despite the flaws, the band still did put on a pretty good show. Dino was going insane and was breaking sticks left and right. Everyone else was tight and gave just as great perfomances.

Circa Survive opened and got the crowd a little excited. I've had their album since it came out and I enjoy it but they really do nothing for me live. Everything sound jumbled and isn't clear and it's just not enjoyable. That's just me though.

I didn't get to see the Pale Pacific at the Boardwalk so it was nice to see them last night. I thought they put on a wonderful show. Get to the shows early and check them out.

I didn't get there in time for Delta Activity so nothing to report on them.

I hope the Petaluma show tonight will be better.

</p>

Re: Chico 6-17 Show

how did they miss an entire chorus for sanzen? did all four of them forget at the same time?

</p>
    Originally posted by vsd
    ...and to be frank...i think...

Comment

Well, not exactly missed. When it was time for the first chorus they just stopped and looked at each other and were like "oh @#%$" and were trying to figure out the song order. Then, Dino counted it out and they just started back up but without any vocals. After they figured out where they were they resumed. After they finished, Drew apologized and said he @#%$ up. Someone from the crowd shouted "it was great" and Drew returned with a "no it didn't, it @#%$ sucked". It was that kinda night.

</p>

Comment

I honestly think the lack of alcohol at this place probably was a key factor in the "mood" of the show. Not that they get rip roaring wasted before they go on, but a few drinks certainly loosens someone up. All my friends flaked on going tonight, so I didnt go, but it being an all ages club as well, I kinda expect the same experience tonight in Petaluma. Hopefully I will have been wrong and everyone will get to see a great show.

</p>Edited by: <A HREF=http://p082.ezboard.com/btraversing.showUserPublicProfile?gid=cspack>CSpac k</A> at: 6/18/05 11:27 pm

Comment

Working...
        X